Starscream (G1) vs Starscream (Armada)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ljjnico, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ljjnico

ljjnico Future Autobot Leader

Which Starscream would win this battle?

Personally I would say Armada's Starscream because he has his Minicon Swindle, his wing sword and the Star Saber and deep down he has a good nature.

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

G1 Starscream was a bit of a coward too, he's probably run (fly?) away if he thought he was going to get beat.

3. A Lance

A Lance Give me your hugs

I don't want to sound like I'm jumping on but... Why does the Armada Screamer get the Starsaber? I mean I can kinda understand why he gets to use swindle (they are kinda a team after all) but the Starsaber? That’s not really fair.

Now don’t get me wrong Armada is my favorite incarnation of SS but I just don't think logistics would work, the honorable warrior may be awesome, but when it comes down to it sneaky backstabber > honorable warrior. Not to mention Amarda SS has no guns, sure he's got those cannons but he can't use them without an awesome power-up sequence, during which G1 SS would just shoot him.

4. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

He's got autocannons on his chest and in jet mode.

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Yeah, Armada Starscream has cannons in his chest in bot mode, and cannons on his nosecone in vehicle mode.

G1 Starscream
    Pros:
    - sneakiness
    - scientific knowledge
    - speed
    - paralysing null-rays
    - mutant immortal spark (but the spark can't really do much after its body is destroyed or is evicted by its current host)

Cons:
    - lack of general fighting ability
    - weak weaponry
    - cowardice
    - lack of patience and conviction - shows his hand very blatantly, and runs at the first sign of failure

Armada Starscream
    Pros:
    - great fighting skills, mostly in melee combat
    - sword that glows when he is pissed
    - Mini-Con powerlinx boosts overall power
    - Powerlinx Null Laser Cannons are very powerful
    - courage

Cons:
    - Null Laser Cannons take a long time to charge
    - Null laser cannons need a brief period for Swindle to activate and fold them out
    - gullibility
    - angsty
    - emo

I might as well do the other Unicron Trilogy SSes

Energon Starscream
    Pros:
    - great fighting skills, mostly in melee combat
    - a rifle and a sword that combine into a HUGE FREAKING SWORD
    - Hyper Mode cannons require no conversion sequence and are fairly powerful
    - teleportation powers

Cons:
    - complete and utter lack of free will
    - complete and utter lack of character

Cybertron Starscream
    Pro:
    - superb fighting skills, mostly in melee combat (can take out every Autobot bar Optimus Prime easily).
    - great physical strength (can hold his own against Optimus Prime)
    - two swords mounted in arms, so he can never lose them
    - patience in his treachery, does not show his hand
    - intelligence
    - guile and determination to see his plans through to the end
    - his creator god evidently cannot kill him.

Cons:
    - swords need time to fold out
    - becomes kind of an idiot once he gains power

6. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think G1 Starscream would win...or at least he won't lose. That's how he is, he always comes back.

Great summery, Fit For natalie. I had giggles reading it :) 

7. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    :D 

As you can see, I hated SL Nightscream/E Starscream's guts.

8. daMooseVS

daMooseVS Well-Known Member

Yea, gotta give it to Armada Screamer. The instant he gets up close and personal, G1 Screamer is toast. G1 always prefers to pick off his foes from a distance, so if Armada can close that gap, he's a goner. Really, he'd just need Swindle for some extra power and his sword, I don't even think the Star Sabre is neccesary.

9. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Yes, Armada Starscream seems the better choice in this fight.

10. Acadian Prime

Acadian Prime Well-Known Member

I have to go with G1 Starscream. In a fair fight, he's got no chance against Armada Starscream. But there's no chance he'd make it a fair fight. G1 Screamer would probably stab Arm-Scream in the back or get him when he recharges or recovers from a brutal fight.

11. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

War Within Starscream!

No, but really, Armada SS can hand G1 SS's red metal ass to him anytime. But that doesn't mean G1 SS won't come up with something to get back at him…

Also, nice summary from Fit For natalie.

12. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I've never watched any of the Unicron trilogy... is Starscream's personality/nature markedly different from his G1 self? I noticed some people mentioned that he wasn't such a bad guy underneath. That doesn't sound like the Starscream I know!

Just curious! :) 

13. daMooseVS

Yea, Armada SS is a totally different character.
    Before I even got into the cartoon (what little bit I did), I KNEW there was no way Armada Screamer was g1 Screamer: the sword was a dead give away.
    Among fictional characters, and indeed there's a certain amount of truth to it in cultures where it figures prominantly, a sword is a personal weapon for a personal duel. It involves skill in wielding, looking at your opponent as you fight them, and involves getting close to the opponent. G1 Scream would NEVER do anything like that; he'd hit & run or not fight at all. Last thing he wants is for anyone to get that close.
    Aside from that, yea, in the cartoon he wasn't fully dedicated to the Decepticon cause, changed sides at one point and fought alongside the Autobots.

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I agree with the general consensus; Armada Starscream would slaughter G1 Screamer. It's just a matter of closing the distance and laying into him with that sword. Of course, Cybertron Starscream could kick both their asses (and I'm talking pre-supersize). :D 

15. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

G1 SCREAMER, so confident that he's the most "handsome" Decepticon, would be knocked sideways by the sheer "coolness" of ARMADA SCREAMER and run away sufferering from low self-esteem.

16. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Okay, okay okay....!

Now, I know that on the goofy old G1 Cartoon, Starscream was never allowed to actually be cool, and spent most of his time as a vaguely comical and ineffectual schemer....

HOWEVER... let's remember that to stay true to the Starscream character as he was originally conceived, we have to give him his due. Starscream was probably among the most skilled and deadly Decepticons. You don't get into the Decepticon high command by being weak. His tech-spec profile makes special mention of his efficiency, ability, speed and intelligence. His only real flaw is his tendency to overrate himself... which doesn't necessarily mean he's incompetent to begin with... just that he assumes too much.

After all, to be as openly treacherous as him, you know he's got to have something going for him if Megatron still keeps him around. And to quote cartoon sources, let's not forget that he got to push Shockwave around, widely considered to be second only to Megatron in raw power (not that Shockwave did squat on the TV show...).

Granted, Armada SS is still pretty rad. I think he might still take it... but I don't think it would be as easy as many people suggest.

zmog

17. daMooseVS

Both Screamers have the skill, but Armada has the courage that G1 lacks. All of G1's offensive capabilities rely on range, and giving him that. In combat, once you take that away, he's got nothin. You gotta figure on most tehnical aspects the two are going to be similar, unless theres something to prove otherwise, so the deciding factor will be in personalities and approaches. If that's a given, then Armada should have no problem technically closing the distance as he'll be able to match G1's speed and agility, and because of his own personal preferences (the sword as a primary weapon demonstrating a preference for close combat), it would be a no brainer to make that tachtical decision, while G1 would have to sort out what was to his greatest advantage.

18. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    Armada Starscream was an antihero type of character who wasn't really treacherous. Energon Starscream was a characterless zombie due to the magic of him originally being a different character for no apparent reason in the japanese script. Cybertron Starscream is essentially an intelligent version of his G1 self that is patient and very powerful, more than capable of handling most Autobots.

You're quoting from multiple sources yet kind of relying on one tech spec bio for Starscream? Cartoon Shockwave wasn't powerful at all, and Shockwave was merely a yes-man to Megatron in the series - completely different to his toy bio and comic characterisation.

If we go by media appearances of Starscream (cartoon and comic) he's not THAT particularly skilled, more clever and manipulative.

Armada Starscream has strength, firepower, fighting ability and considerably more determination than old G1 SS.

19. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Fit for Nat has a really good write up.

G1 SS was a little bit of a idiot, but I think he could fair pretty well against Armada SS. But I figure that Cybertron SS would likely beat them all.

20. y2jversion1

y2jversion1 Rent this space today!

Ebay:
    Batman, with prep time!

oh wait..wrong forum...

That back-stabbin sum-bitch G1 SS would probably win..just because he's a snake and he'll bite when you least expect it.