Starscream: F-22 Raptor or F-22 Raptor With Cybertronian Markings?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PrimesRule, Jul 18, 2012.

?

Which F-22 version?

1. TF1 Style

34 vote(s)
    47.2%
  2. TF2/TF3 Style

38 vote(s)
    52.8%
  1. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF1 version. The Cybertronian language looks weird on it

2. AMG

AMG Old School

I like the tattoos, it gives him character.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, that didn't work for me. Especially given the character.

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Plain FTW. The tats make him look even busier in robot mode, they kind of ruin the look of the jet, and...Were they ever even explained, outside of the ROTF prequel?

5. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    F-15C

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I like both. I don't think I really would've cared much either way though. With tattoos in RotF/DotM or without them, meh, doesn't matter. The tattoos worked in RotF because they had given up on the "disguise" schtick, despite the fact that there was no real explanation give in the film. If there was an in-film explanation to it, I would've liked it even more.

"You left me to die on that pathetic insect planet!"
    "But...but...but... Master, we all thought you had perished at the hands of the Autobot scum! I engraved Cybertronian markings onto to my armor for YOU! To honour you and the Decepticons, master! Your legacy!"
    "You waste your time with meagre tribal symbols when you should've been out searching for me! Instead I find you hiding here like a coward!"
    "Only to help spawn our new army!..."

So yeah, that tattoos are cool, but I'm really indifferent.

I lost it at "like a rock star. boom". :lol 

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Genius.

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Thanks. :)  But a "genius" scene for one person is "too cluttered, fanwank-y and unnecessary" to others. :( 

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

The reason I like your ideas is because that's exactly what they're not.

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I prefer him to actually have a disguise. And even if he doesn't need one in the films, it means nobody can get any new toys without those markings.

11. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    C'mon now, that scene would just take away much needed screen time from the Twins, everyone's favorite bumbling comic-relief duo in ROTF. XD

Actually, those 3-4 lines would have explained a lot about Starscream's new look (like a bunch of other stuff that was left unexplained or just glossed over in the movies).

I personally prefer his original TF1 design; robots in disguise and all (that and I'm very biased toward the MP-M01 figure of Starscream over his HFTD Leader-class toy; I own both and the MP blows the HFTD out of the water in terms of deco). The tattoos, while a neat if unexplained idea, makes his design look busy. Granted I suppose they serve to distinguish Starscream out of all the other similarly drab-colored and pointy sharp Cons on screen.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'd like it better if they used a different jet for this alt mode. The combat capabilities of the F-22 are off the chart, but it's not a sexy looking aircraft and it's shape really limits what sort of robot shape you can get out of the aircraft.

It kind of feels like the only reason Starscream was an F-22 was a despite attempt to push the aircraft in the hope that congress would approve the bloated cost of the program.

13. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IDW explained the reasoning behind the markings in Transformers: Alliance (which followed RoS). Starscream was paying homage to Cybertronian warriors of the past and how he was like them.

Though personally, I prefer the 'clean' jet mode.

14. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I personally think the F-22 Raptor is sexy as hell, especially up close. When I was stationed at Tyndall AFB, FL, it was always a pleasure to see them taxiing and flying. The building I worked in was located directly on the flightline so I got to see them almost everyday. (I won't get into the politics of the Raptor program.) As far as robot shape goes, I hated Gorillascream at first but eventually warmed up to and even fell in love with the design. XD

15. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

The F-22 is an awesome jet. It looks huge, at least in the movies.

I really loved SS design, but I can't see how he looks like a Gorilla?

16. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    People who hate the design usually just say that because it doesn't fit within the strict parameters of the humanoid proportions they prefer.

Anyway, I'd prefer the TF1 style minus tattoo's. The F22 looks fantastic. Funny, I like the angular trend in jet designs, but I hate it in recent car designs.

17. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You lucky bastard! :tongue:  I was stationed there 2001-2004 and left just before they got the Raptors. I finally saw one in 2006 at an air show and I was beyond impressed. I still try to get to shows now that I'm out of the USAF, but there haven't been many shows w/ the F-22 due to groundings and budget cutbacks. :(  That's most of the reason that I liked the 2007 movie version of SS.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

In combat there is not another flying machine on the planet that comes even close to the F-22. Fighter jets tend to get lumped into generations and right now the F-22 is a generation of fighter jets all to itself, it's just that damn good as the saying goes.

Just something about the design that doesn't work for me though. I understand that the design is to reduce it's radar signature and heat signature to about nothing, but it just doesn't say sexy to me.

19. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

I prefer the standard Jet.
    It is more scary when you can't tell which jet is starscream.
    I still think the scene where starscream eliminated a whole flight squadron in movie 1 was totally badass

20. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    The hugely triangular body, overly long arms, hunched chicken legs, and broad torso (you need only look at his toys) pretty much earned Bayverse Starscream the moniker "monkey-jet". XD

But don't get me wrong, I eventually understood and loved what the designers were trying to do with Starscream's character. The samurai helmet-shaped head + pilot's flight mask for his face, bird's legs for launching himself into the air and absorbing the impact of abrupt landings (rather than walking or running like a land-based bot; dude is definitely designed for aerial work), and even how the shoulders swivel and out for a surprising range of movement, especially on his Leader/MP-class figure (one of my favorite TF toy molds). An ab crunch or waist joint would have been nice (along with wrist and finger articulation, and maybe a ball-jointed neck) to get him in hunched over, sniveling poses, but those are minor quibbles for an otherwise fantastic figure.

I was stationed there from 2008-2010 when they were slowly phasing out the F-15 Eagles (transferring them to Guard/Reserve and training bases) and bringing in more F-22's. Good times there, Panama City. But as impressive as the Raptor is, I also have a thing for the A-10 Thunderbolt. Ugly as sin but, dude, it's a flying tank. XD (That and they remind me of Powerglide.) Saw plenty of those (along with F-16 Falcons) when I was deployed in Qatar in 2009 and stationed in Osan, Korea in 2011.

I supposed angular designs aren't sexy so much as edgy and deadly-looking. Cars, on the other hand, are all about the curves. Much like on women. Therefore, sexy. XD

+1