Starscream didn't change.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Oct 18, 2007.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Just a minor thing I noticed that I seem to remember many people arguing against.

At the end of the movie after "Transformers" in the credits, when our little girl Screamer leaves earth, many swore he morphed into and ark/protoform looking spaceship. Well he didn't, it was just the atmosphere burning around him.

Also, to those who said BB wasn't clean when he was on the experimentation table at S7, he was. Which is cool, because atleast Bay made an effort to link the dummy and CGI model, despite not being able to effectively. (I still don't see why they couldn't have dirtied up the dummy instead? Anyone know why they didn't?)

If to no other end, I'm setting up a discussion so I have something to do at school. (And before I get millions of, "You should do your work" comments, I have none, because I'm smart and am ahead of my class:D )

2. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    I still swear SS has extra little wings, i dunno. about bb being clean, i think he should be. the only thing hes dont up until that point is roll around on some hard wet blacktop. i mean its not a mudpit

3. starscreamer.

starscreamer. Well-Known Member

little girl starscream?
    he pretty much shitted on the autobots in the movie.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It was a joke because he ran away. ie. Running away like a little girl. (In all fairness, I would've too)

But yeah, or no, he didn't change, no extra little wings.

5. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

Besides the fact people are calling him a "girl".

Are you saying little girls can't kick ass? :E *huff*?

6. Mexi-Con

Mexi-Con ...Stop Me When I'm Lying

Ebay:
    Oh man, Look what you done started now!

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It wasn't me! I'm an innocent!

Seriously, why can't people just take a joke? Why do people have to over-complicate things?

8. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

I don't think it was until after they finished filming that they realized the CGI robots looked better with dirt & scratches applied, so when they shot the Bumblebee prop that was not yet their intent.

9. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Eh, I considered what Screamer did to be a tactical retreat. If you just saw your bad-ass leader and some of his most powerful troops get their asses handed to them by a handful of Autobots and humans, you'd be a little skittish about sticking around too.

Maybe Starscream should be called "girlie-man" instead of "little girl" so as to not offend the ladies as much.

What's that...?

Yes, chickenshit works, too.

10. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Seeing as the DVD is out, why haven't there been Screencaps posted as proof?

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Not all of us are rich and can afford sceen capturing devices. plus, I didn't really think I'd need images since anyone who has the DVD can see for them selves and whoever doesn't have it has no evidence to counter my claim.

12. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

"Tactical retreat" eh? Sounds like lawyer talk for "ran away screaming" hehe.

I don't see why he can't say "little girl". No little girl (meaning very young) I've seen will stand and fight in an actual war. It's not like he said ran away like a female, that would have been much worse.

I think the extra wings someone saw on Starscream were just trails from him burning through the atmosphere.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Those same trails may be why they also said he changed to a blunt-Ark-like-design, as the friction heat build up on his nose looked like.

14. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I still think he transformed the FA-22 into a more space-worthy mode. I distinctly heard the non-g1 transforming sound right before he ignites his vernier. N' take another look at the nose of the jet: Those are totally new wings that the atmospheric-exit is burning from. The conical shape of the Raptor's nose alone would not create two distinct flame patterns. It'd look more of a rocket's exit in that case.

~Z

15. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    He didnt change? I could swear that he did.^^

16. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Yeah, because pressing the "print screen" key on your keyboard is really expensive. Now if you said I'm too lazy to do it, that'd be more respectable.

17. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going to post a long time ago that he didn't change, but I didn't want to start a fricken war of words. I saw the movie five times and second guessed myself every time, until I saw it in IMAX. In the IMAX screen I kept my eyes on him the whole time as did both of my brothers, and it looked llike he didn't change. I won't deny though that he sure did make the non G1 transforming sound.

On a side note during commentary Bay said that he added the starscream and parents bonus ending sequences because test screenings wanted to see what happened to starscream and the parents, so they added these later. I don't know why they didn't show Barricade driving away or reformatting or something. His dissapearence bothered me more than Starscream's and the Parents.

18. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Totally agree with this. Its buggin the hell out of me. :confused: 

~Z

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Just watched it this very minute. Nope, he never changed and there was no sound other than his engines burning and him saying something in the alien speak. (Is that what you heard?)

Yeah, 'cause all DVD players have keyboards with a printer attached.:rolleyes2 

But seriously, My computer doesn't play DVDs. (Yet, We had to take it out to get it replaced because we have to have the best. Ugh)

Plus, if you guys really want a screenshot, take your DVDs, select the credits, play them, and use frame by frame. IT'S NOT LIKE YOU NEED ME TO DO THAT.

20. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm going to check it out tonight after work. I didn't think he would have bothered to change his alt mode again since he only looks like a Raptor. That doesn't mean he actually functions like one (i.e. not being able to achieve or escape orbit, survive in a space vacuum, etc).

I'm not a lawyer but I play one on TV. :D 

Personally, I could care less what he gets called. But calling anyone "little girl" has a derogatory connotation when you are not being literal. I think this is the problem Talathia has with the phrase.