Starscream design change in ROTF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by vektsilver, Feb 7, 2009.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Hey all,

Noticed something on the Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, the Game. website that either starscream is horribley beaten up or he is physically changing. His head in particular seems to be very differant almost organic looking in the pic.

I thought I saw this in the ROTF trailer as well but the tailer has to much motion to confirm it. However if you take into account his exposure to his artificial all spark from ROSS and the fact he has wierd glyphs all over him now that seemingly just started appearing maybe he is under going a metamorphosis.

Just thought I would bring it up as any change to star scream is always interesting to me. I have to be honest I would hope for a look closer to Optimus Prime's in the movie( still not a fan of chicken ape :)  ). As we have seen now with the constructicons size is practically irrelevant in these films now.

Im probably completely wrong on this topic and its battle scars but i thought i would throw it out there

2. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The video game render is less complex than the films, so it would look more organically textured.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actualy he's still the same in movie, you're probably seeing things because of his allspark tattoos.

4. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    This

5. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    I dont know why people keep saying he's different. He had the blue on the sides of his face in the first film.

6. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    What movie were you watching?

7. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Wow. Starscream's lot more colorful in this one. I guess he'll have tats on his alt mode like the toy. Other than that, the model looks the same.

8. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think he looks a lot better than in the first film...the Cybertronian 'glyph' tats make Screamer look totally badass!

That and he's gonna get a bit more screentime/dialog in ROTF.

9. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

the point most people are missing is that the face is definately differant it's not the same as before. While I'll agree it's the game the fact is he is obviously affected by the events of reign of SS . Now if you look at the URL u can see his face is more deformed than normal

10. 35InchMudders

35InchMudders Well-Known Member

ILM and DD share their media with the game's cinematics studio (most likely Blur Studios) That includes the models and textures, so any differences are likely to be in the movie too unless it's simply an agreement between Hasbro and the game studio.

The texturing is definitely different, it's not a "rendering" issue, and it looks like there might be some changes done to the geometry too. It has nothing to do with the renders being "less complex", that's nonsense.

11. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    I'm saying it's the same. It's just that that particular picture on the game site is too small to show all the details. But from what I can tell, it's the same. The colors and the tats are probably throwing you guys off.

12. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    My bad kid, they were red.

13. Lady Owl

Lady Owl Decepticon Art Slave

He does. There are pointy "gill" like things on his cheeks that reflect color kinda like the rainbow effect in oil.

I've seen them purplish pink, blue, and yellow before. You can see it really well in the teaser trailer. It looks blue and violet.

However, I noticed that on the game site, he looks different. His face looks more feline then avian but once I got a hold of the 1080p teaser trailer, all my doubts were gone and the only change to his appearance are his tribal tattoos.

And geez, what is up with everyone calling him a chicken? All birds have bent backward legs... of all birds, why insult him by calling him a chicken. Call it avian... or bird of prey or something else. x_x

14. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

i see no differences. other than of course his new G1-style arm guns!!!

15. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    i like the pic in your sig ladyowl, saw it on deviantart a while back!

or a horse.

none of these creatures have bent backwards legs, they exactly the same as ours. the proportions are just a bit different - they are all walking on tip-toes, the 'lower part of the leg' is in fact the arch of their foot, hence why birds look like they only have toes and no feet, and horses look like they only have toenails.

this should illustrate it for you -

[​IMG]

so starcream does not have backwards or chicken legs. he just has big feet and walks on his tiptoes.

16. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    oops.. no starscream is not trying to molest that woman

17. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    :lolol  She sure looks compromised.

18. Lady Owl

Lady Owl Decepticon Art Slave

Oh no, I know. I'm just using that term as a quick and basic examination of how they look, even if that is not physically how they really are.

But, I'm not sure why anyone would compare it to a horse or a cat's hind legs or anything other then avian, however. It should be rather obvious that his design is based off of a bird?

I mean if the F22 also being called a Raptor didn't give it away, then his avian legs should have. Even his face with the golden colored "nose" cover looks similar to a short beak. His body's shape being wider reminds me of a bird, also or at least it looks very masculine since a buff man may have much wider shoulders and chest area.

His arms are long but they don't ruin his appearance and they only look awkward when he is standing completely straight. When in motion or just posed properly, he looks really good.

Perhaps his long arms could be compared to a bird's wings, only in Starscream's case, his "wing arms" are featherless and don't include his hands/fingers as part of the wing. *shrug*

And thank you very much for the compliment. I'm glad you like it. :) 

Lol.

19. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    Hope they arent just for the toy. GEEEEEEWWWWWUUNNNN!!!!! :lol 

20. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    they are in the game too, you can see that from the image linked to the in first post.

and seeing as the game bases its models on the movie models, i would assume that there is a pretty good chance.