Starscream debate **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by vektsilver, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Ok first off take a look at this link from seibertron.com
    http://www.seibertron.com/toys/fullsize.php?id=1069&size=1&image=156

now a while back we were basically told that Starscream had to be transformed in such a way that was realistic and they could not accomplish this in the the original style to keep his size in robot form down, as to not tower over all the other Transformers. When taking a look at this pic from a comparison of size the MP Starscream compared to the movie starscream you can see that in robot form that they are nearly the same size yet his jet mode in the movie version is actually smaller than the jet mode of the original SS. So if you shrink down the MP starscream jet size to the movie size cause the raptor and the f-15 models are about the same length in real life you end up with the Original SS model being shorter and more on the level of the other TF's in the movie.

I dont wanna be the guy re-opening old wounds but doesnt this seem like we have been lied to a bit about his design and it looks more like someone saying we know what you want better than you do? If this design is stuck make him skywarp or Thunderscracker but not starscream.

Overall most of the movie designs are pretty awesome I ll even give megatron some credit it still seems in spirit of his character. However the Movie StarScream seems to almost be a mockery of the Transformer that TF fans like the most.
    :horse:  :horse:  :horse:  :horse:  :horse:  :horse:  :horse:  :horse: 

2. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Except, the toy Screamers jet mode is not in scale with the other toys. To give a hint, Bumblebees car mode would be aproximatly the size of the cockpit on Starscreams chest.

Yeah.

3. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

i'm not sure about them being nearly the same size... but looking at that pic I'm kinda glad they took Starscrem - and the other Transformers - into a new direction and didn't just do yet another variation on a theme.

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    They're DEFINATELY not in scale. Besides, from what I heard the F-22 is a much bigger plane then the F-15 (could be wrong, though).

5. The Fortress Maximus

The Fortress Maximus Has a toilet in his head

I could stand a ginormous Starscream is they went with the MP design. I mean in this movie the Decepticons (Blackout and Megatron especially) are suppose to be huge compared to the bulk of the Autobots.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    F-22 Raptor = 62 ft 1 inch long
    F-15 Eagle = 63.8 ft long

7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    My bad.

8. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I'd love to see a Starscream that's bigger then Megatron (realised properly).
    Imagine Starscream finally giving in and throwing all his machinations to the wind and blasting Megs in the back.
    And watching said Megs shrug it off.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    "Thunderscracker"?:lol  Sorry, that made me laugh.

10. Clockmaster

Clockmaster Banned

All arguments that Starscream "Has" to be that way are false - he could be a smaller plane. Or even just fold up more than he does. Starscream was always thicker than an F-15 anyway - if you were to fold the plane directly, vertically in half and do some other doohickey with the wings, he'd be fine.

Most people wouldn't notice mass shifting even. I wonder if Starscream was ever meant to be a Full-sized F-15, or just resemble one if seen from another aircraft or from the ground?

11. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

O RLY?

[​IMG]

12. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

No matter how much you dislike someone, you NEVER say something like that about them, grow up man.

- TFW2005 Staff

13. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Well, it would be fasanating just to see how powerful megatron is, lets say if they do petray a little of oldschool screamer attitude, if he is treacherous to megs, i would love to see a little one on one action to decided leaders of the decepticons. Assuming megs would win. (-_-)

14. Clockmaster

Clockmaster Banned

Did you even read my post?

15. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    I think the reason if any of him being this, so called "SwithBlade" plane or w/e is because they are honestly making an effort to make these RID, instead of using mass shifting to make it appear as though it was supposed to be that way. Although it looks of mass shiftting i dont think thats what they are acheiveing, best wait till the movie comes out to actually see any sort of the kind.

16. Clockmaster

Clockmaster Banned

... you didn't read it either, did you?

17. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    dude, enough already, just because they are stating different opinions and ideas doesn't mean they didn't read your post.

your little posts saying "you didn't read it" are considered spam, do it again and your getting a warning for it.

18. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

It's ok... I get the point you were trying to make. To be honest the 'realism' thing and trying to keep the robot modes form going into extremes of heights are only part of the reasoning behind the design changes, but seem to get wheeled out in their defence more than necessary!

I can see how movie and masterpience Starscream look a similar height in robot mode. Are there any pics of them side by side in jet mode?

19. Clockmaster

Clockmaster Banned

Bye Bye

-TFW2005 Staff

20. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

I think the point Clockmaster has been trying to make is that the replies didn't actually have much to do woth what he had said. I mus say I'm confused as to how a pic of an F-22 labelled 62' and next to a pic of masterpiece starscream labelled 31' answers anything in his original post....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.