2D Artwork: Starscream Brags To The Ladies.

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Screambug, Nov 13, 2007.

1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thats telling em.

approve/disapprove, go ahead, but i would advise not to tell someone what to/not to draw...heck, or anything actually.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So you mean people take it seriously when some random internet guy tries to tell them what to do?

I didn't try to command anybody to do anything, I was merely suggesting that stuff like this is a waste of good talent. I hate this cute stuff, and I'd like to see something serious done by the OP.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    see? thats exactly what art types detest. for ppl to judge whether theyre using their talents the right way. im telling ya we can take negative comments e.g. your art sucks! but saying stuff like 'wasting talent' gets us all riled up to 'nother level.

best you concede this point before you stick your foot further up your mouth.

4. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I will not concede. If I think it's a waste of talent, that is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

There's no foot in my mouth, brah.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    theres a difference between changing opinion and being polite.

pointing out to artist theyre wasting talent is impolite. just so you know. for next time.

6. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't agree at all. What if Van Gogh decided to paint houses instead? Shouldn't somebody have let him know that he was capable of greater things?

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you have no idea how many artist got to where they are because they went against the grain dont you?

do you know how many artist out there became artist in the 1st place in the face of ppl telling them 'youre wasting your time with this you should go into accounting, business blah blah'?

i dont know how to explain this another way brah. see how she got uptight when she said 'ill draw what i want'? read between the lines brah.

8. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That doesn't answer the question.

This banter is pointlessly eating up the thread, I'm out.

9. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Starscream doesn't have the biggest chest ... he shares that with 5 others ;) 

10. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

I'm going to miss using my eyes to see things.

11. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ok, I feel like I should apologize to the artist. I'm sorry, nobody is wasting any talent.

It's not the art or the style that I don't like, I think those are both very good. What I don't like is the..."hokeyness" of the jokes, for lack of a better term. The jokes need work. In fact, you don't even need to make a joke of your pics, they are fine without them. The picture in this thread would actually be funny to me if Starscream didn't say anything. The picture speaks for itself, him saying what he does overstates and ruins it IMO.

If it makes you happy to draw them, that's all that really matters.

12. Screambug

Screambug King of Transformers

Thank you for defending me, KA.^_^

That dude really doesn't know what he's talking about. Sure, I draw serious Transformers from time to time, though I can't seem to get rid of the cartoony look enough. And I also enjoy drawing FUNNY TF cartoons to make people laugh hard while making a few cringe, too. It's inevitable.

To tell the truth, drawing nothing but Transformers IS a waste of my talent that I am using for my professional work - and I want to be a cartoonist and a comic strip artist (produced several, in fact.)

So I draw Transformers just for a hobby and to make people laugh, too.

Sorry that the dude doesn't like my funny stuff - he better stick to other stuff instead of telling me what to draw.

Thanks again.

13. Screambug

Apology accepted.:rolleyes2 

And no, my art won't make everyone laugh, but it did make enough to double over with laughter from the looks of some comments, so my TF jokes did work, though.

If I overuse the joke, I will know. Especially when no one is laughing.

So I continue to make hilarious TF cartoons for everyone's enjoyment (with a few rolling their eyes, too, heh) as well as some serious TF work (I'll get the cartoony look out, I promise!)

14. SnipeShade

SnipeShade Active Member

pffft...the style goes with the jokes. I like it!! (well its obvious since I've commented on most of all yer drawings, lol)

Its a known joke, but it can be presented in different ways. Keep it up! You'll atleast always have me laughing. XP

15. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The thing is, a lot of people will SAY they think it's LMAO just to be nice, when really they don't laugh at all or barely grin. Honesty is hard to come by in a place like this, most people are just TOO supportive. Do you honestly believe some people were rolling around on the floor laughing at one of these? That kind of naivety will condemn you to mediocrity, and if you want to be a successful cartoonist that's the last thing you want.

When I used to make my TF comics, I could always tell when people actually thought it was funny, and when they were just saying it was. I would make something that I KNEW was funny, and I knew certain people actually got it and laughed, and others would say it was the funniest thing ever and turn around and go say the exact same thing about some other comic that was absolutely lame, and another, and another, right down the list.

It pretty much killed all my interest in making comics. I was just being honest with you, I'm not going to go "LOL FUNNY HAHA BEST EVAR!!:) " when I don't think it's funny. I find it insulting and unhelpful to get sugar-coated lies about my stuff, and I try not to do it - it's counter-productive to everybody involved. In fact, the only reason I felt compelled to comment at all was that I THOUGHT YOUR ART WAS GREAT, but the joke wasn't. Usually I wouldn't comment at all; I guess I should just stick to that to keep the peace and keep from ruffling people's feathers.

Do you know where I'm coming from? Not that you give a damn about anything I have to say - nobody seems to like an honest critic.

16. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Haha!!! I love Starscreams face! haha!!!

17. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    I know I was certainly chortling away.

The Funnies forum: Where EVERYONE laughs at your jokes.

I'm sure constructive criticism is way better appreciated over generic LOLs, but there are certainly nicer ways to say it too. (Not everyone has to be Simon Cowell...)

EDIT: I rephrase, I meant to say that not every criticism has to be like Simon Cowell's.

18. Screambug

I am truly sorry that other people's opinions stopped you from ever making comics again. (Shakes head and shrugs, too.)

Also, I don't get nothing but "LOL's" here, either. In fact, I get comments like "WTF!!! What the hell are you on?!" and that I draw the "oddest" TF art ever, too. That's pretty much HONEST to me and not everyone are exactly refined gentlemen here who would tell white lies to prevent hurt feelings, either. But I still keep making comics to entertain people, WHETHER they think it's funny or not. It's my job...to make comics to amuse people and if it works, it DOESN'T matter whether some really hate my work or not. So no need to look at my work anymore if you're not all that fond of it.:) 

You are right about one thing: I don't really give a damn about what you said (I know you're being brutally honest, heh) because I don't want to stop making comics this way. Sorry. I will keep making comics as long as they amuse ME and a few TF fans here, too. That is what matters and it's quite enough, too.

And no, I can NOT make Transformers comics for a LIVING. It's just a hobby, like I said. (Yep, I'm an aspiring cartoonist, but it's for my OWN stuff, of course.)

Since it's obvious you will stubbornly stick to your guns, I guess I'll simply tune you out and say no more.^_^

19. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So giving my honest opinion = "stubbornly sticking to my guns"? I'm supposed to change my mind and find it funny because you apparently won't accept that I don't?

I don't follow.

I'm still looking forward to seeing some of the serious art you claim to do. Until then, I'll do us both a favor and skip everything else.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  20. SonRay

SonRay Banned

wow...err....disturbing....but funny.