Starscream better find a new alt mode for TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mister Gone, Jul 21, 2009.

1. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bah. Why?
    Just keep it, he never changed it before.

2. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    As somewhat of a military aircraft enthusiast and for as much I LOVE the old school F-15's and their newer F-22 counterparts, I have to admit that the new F-35's are clearly the better model. All the power, stealth and even general shape/design of F-22's at an F-16 size along with being faster, lighter, smaller and more maneuverable. Pretty much epic win on all levels.

On a geek level, I think the F-35 would look great mixed in with Transformers since it could mean newer versions of Seekers are now smaller and will be more on par size wise with other characters. :) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

All I have to say is it is time for the F15 eagle alt mode.

they make it sound like that bird isn t in active use anymore and its all raptors. This just is not the case there are hundreds of f15's still in active service. Personally I would be more psyched to see that than the f22.

4. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    This

5. MetaBeshter

MetaBeshter Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure all of Starscream in ROTF was CG as Bay said that most Decepticon's would be CG even in vehicle mode.

6. billmoo

billmoo aka zynordar TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Agreed. The YF-23 is a bad-ass jet, and, from the strengths of the design, likely more appropriate for 21st century scenarios of fighter combat.

7. 1govnor1

1govnor1 Giggidy

Keep him the same. There will always be a better jet/car/tank, whatever. You don't need to change a character's design just because Congress decided to show up for work one day.

8. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

i think its up to SS. i thought he liked the f22 cuz it was the thing that basically took down megs. and its still da shit. so if ss doesnt have a reason then.......

9. Ironlock

Ironlock Me KING! Want mess?

F 22 is awesome

I personally like the f 22
    but it Starscream should be some sort of cybertronian jet.

10. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

That would still be a downgrade though. In service or not, I just cannot see any good reason why Starscream would go from a F-22 to an F-15 except nostalgia (which is not a good enough reason IMHO).

From a practical point of view it really wouldn't make sense. The movie's use of military vehicles isn't about sponsorship like it is with GM. Therefore, why go the expensive route of redesigning Starscream for a different alt mode when they could just use the same awesome model with slight tweeks for TF3?

To be honest, I'm a little astounded by the fact that F-15s are still in production.

11. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    It's so silly that some people are grasping real life things, such as these to argument change to a character design they're not happy with.

I mean, they're desperate then, for the geewunnification. Gee, let's have all of the characters revert back to their original altmodes. Yay ! :rolleyes2 

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    It seems crazy that they've spent tens of billions on this outdated jet that they don't need and haven't actually used.

Along with GM, it's kind of funny how much transformer alt modes cost US taxpayers.

13. ROTF Sideswipe

ROTF Sideswipe Well-Known Member

The F-35 joint Strike Fighter is clearly the best. SS Needs to stay in F-22 mode though.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most of his jet scenes are CGI anyway :V

15. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has never been shot down because it's never seen combat (other than in Transformers movies).

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They still use GM, amarite?

I wouldn't want Starscream to switch modes, even if there is a better jet out there.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    This is more or less true. F-22's have been sent into war zones and dropped a few bombs, but that's about it. It will likely be the same situation with the F-35 as well... which makes it a little surprising that the gov't plans to manufacture so many of them.

The reality these days is that more & more air force pilots who DO go into combat do so via un-manned Predator drones which they literally fly from a remote base like a video game. Even with a wealth of trained pilots & drivers out there, that's the future of the military. Jets, tanks, armored vehicles, etc. being put into high risk war zones will all eventually be helmed by people sitting miles away with a bunch of joysticks, steering wheels & big screen TV's in front of them.

18. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    That's what I say.

19. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Urm, are there some posts missing that I don't know about?

The OP said nothing about F-15s, the original Seeker alt mode, he presented a news story related to the Raptor which was used in the new movie and the way the title was phrased brought on the topic at hand.

So far, unless I glanced past another one or two, there's been one person in the topic (not the OP) which has said he'd prefer the F-15.

Everyone else is saying things like, "Keep the alt mode, ___'various reason'___", or "change it, ___'various reasons, only one of which has been a preference for the oldschool Generation 1 jet mode'___".

And, though I sure as heck ain't asking for it myself, so what if someone out there would prefer the F-15? It's not like a dumb claim of "THE NEXT MOVIE WILL SUCK IF STARSCREAM ISN'T AN F15!!" was made or anything else of the like. A Transformer fan with an honest preference posted that preference without a big deal.

Sooo...?

20. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Well, its not like there is a shortage of jet fighters available.
    F-15 Active would be nice, but not essential, an F-14 would also be very cool. If they want to keep it current and 'recent', what about the Sukhoi SU37, F-35 or an EFA Eurofighter Typhoon?
    Still. GM going 'gurgle' hasn't changed anything anyway in terms of the cars (yet, until another big car brand throws enough money at Dreamworks), so I doubt this will affect anything either.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]