Starscream better find a new alt mode for TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mister Gone, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
  2. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Has "obsolete" alt modes stopped TF's before?

3. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The F-22 isn't even obsolete, I don't blame them for cutting funding, they have all the F-22's they need, not one has been shot down, NOT ONE. It's an amazing piece of technology and will be in use for a long long time.

4. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    F22 production stopped awhile back.

5. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    But the movieverse requires everyone to be the newest and most up to date (well at least autobots need to be big shiney, even though that attracts more attention but whatever) so who knows what the "new hottness" will be for Starscream.

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Not really news, they stopped making the F-22 a wile ago in favor of the F-35.

7. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    F-22 is amazing although too expensive to maintain from what I read. Regarding the toys I hope one day we see a release of MP SS in F-22 form.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Would a Leader Class Movie Starscream work for you? If it is on the level of the Optimus, it's going to be nearly a Masterpiece in its own right.

9. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    I think, after displaying his Cybertronian tattoos in this one, he should get a new alt mode regardless of real life status of the Raptor.

But then, I think they should do so for many if not most of the cast of Transformers for the third & final installment.

10. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

haha that's exactly what I was thinking.

Of course I was hanging out with friends who were talking about their 'dream cars' which were all cars from the 80s. And I mentioned that I don't have a dream car but I could name what robots had their dream cars as alt modes.

I'm a big old nerd. :/

11. ARIQ

ARIQ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why would he need a new alt mode? Look at Jetfire. They dont make the SR-71 anymore but it was still his alt mode

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They haven't been shot down, no, but the F-22 is notorious for requiring constant critical maintenance (requiring critical maintenance on average every 1.7 hours of flight), as well as tons of, shall we say, quirks, in the design.

For example, if the F-22 flies during rain, its "Stealth" profile is drastically increased. Similarly, if the surface is abraised, by, say, continued exposure to blowing sand, its stealthiness drops. Even the special stealth canopy must be replaced every 18 months.

Theres also an incident involving F-22s crossing the international dateline, only to have their computer systems crash, making the plane nearly unflyable.

There's also rumors of production problems with the wings, which could lead to catastrophic loss of the aircraft, swept under the rug by contractors.

And also, keep in mind that the F-22 has never been used in a situation where it has come up against other modern fighters, or even sophisticated anti-air weaponry. So there's a reason they haven't been shot down. The F-18s used much more frequently in Iraq and Afghanistan are rarely shot down either.

But in terms of Starscream, I doubt they'll change his alt mode, as the F-22 will likely still be in service for some time.

13. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I don't think Starscream needs to change his Alt. Mode in the least. The F-22 suits his character just fine despite what's happened with the jet in reality.

At this point I don't think Starscream really cares who sees those Tattoos on his Vehicle Mode. He seems to wear them as either a symbol of pride for his race or the Decepticons. If anyone were to see him they know they should fear him. And I do believe that's what Starscream is aiming for mainly, to strike fear into his enemies.

14. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But... isn't Starscream alt mode entirely CGI? I mean, he now has the tattoos and everything.

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Why does it matter? Seriously, the Autobots are obviously for the most part walking, talking advertisements for GM (thus why Jolt was even in the film, to promote the Volt alt mode he has), while the Decepticons, for the most part, are just there to look SCARY, not be advetisment. I mean, seriously, who's gonna be influenced by the movie to go buy an actual super-expensive figher aircraft? Or a full-size Cement Mixer? Or even a giant friggin Excavator?

Right now, the only TF's who really have alt. mode issues are Ironhide and Ratchet, since their alt. modes are done being produced, but I highly doubt they will scan new forms as that would require massive tweaking of the CGI models, something that's very buget and time consuming (why else did they simply use a slightly modified Blackout model as the new character "Grindor"?)

16. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    BABAM!

But yeah, Leader SS will be enough for me.

17. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    First Jazz. Then Ironhide. Now Starscream.

Its a pity these Bayformers die so easily....

18. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Ugh ! It's a movie for friggin' sake. I mean, is Ironhide gonna reformat because GM quit that model truck ?

And in case of 'emergency' I vote for a YF 23. Abandoned by the humans, now turned against them by a Decepticon.

[​IMG]

19. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    I wouldn't put it so much as 'need', but at this point I'd still 'like' for him to get a new one, along with a good deal of the Transformer cast. From the movie point of view his cover is blown, albeit by command of a superior officer, but should subterfuge be required at a later point (ie, the next film) an alien tattoo'd F-22 wouldn't be suitable. But that's one 'in story' way to look at it, another being...

..which negates the issue of disguise from that particular standpoint. After all, wasn't a big gripe among some during production of the first flick that faction symbols weren't prominently displayed?

Yet I'd care to look at it from the point of view of the manufacturer. Sure, Hasbro put most of the command in Bay's idea for the first film, but at this point they surely must look at it from the toy angle. I mean I know our fandom has those that will buy whatever is put on the shelves (for every TF fan that won't buy 'that', there's another who likely will), but am I the only one that thinks after original released Bayformers Starscream, Deep Space Starscream, original G1 colors Starscream, a Thundercracker repaint, a Skywarp repaint, a Ramjet repaint, Premium Starscream, and now RotF Tat'd Starscream (all with only a head mold and one of either sets of hands between them) that maybe a new toy is in order? Perhaps a purely, Earth-skin-shed, Cybertronian Starscream? A more jet-like version of the 'Protoform/Entry' Starscream (for example only)? I mean, it would pretty much have to be something like that if they came up with a new toy for him, right? How can you top the F-22 in Earth vehicle terms, after all.

And I extend this notion to the other Transformers. I know lines like Spiderman or the Fantastic Four n'such are limited in ways on their ability to vary a character's toy, having to add little add-on weapons, different colored costumes, molds that are different but blatantly the same character. Transformers takes this limitation other lines have and runs with it. The other colors are 'repaints' that can become new characters entirely with nothing more than a bio, the add-on weapons built into their designs, and the new molds/costumes new alt modes all together.

We know, as fans, new & highly differing molds (after repaints) are the norm for this line, and in-story of the movie the Transformers are shown to be able to change an alt mode (changing the robot mode in the process) in the literal blink of an eye. I'm just wishing they would go full force with that for what's likely to be the third & final installment of the Bayformers trilogy. Give Screamers something new, he needs it. Ironhide, Ratchet, they certainly need that kind of treatment. Sideswipe's got two toys for him in this line alone, methinks he might take on something new.

Same could be said for the others just because they've shown up & been sold. Old molds could be used as repaints, natch, the way Swerve & Smokescreen are. I wouldn't suggest nixing the semi for Prime because of (A) the fanrage that would ensue would be epic & (B) what else are you going to turn him into? Perhaps a new Leader Class with a trailer to combine with this time? 3RD Movie Installment Powermaster Prime, so to speak? (Please don't anyone bring up practicality on that, since when is that a factor?). Or I guess they could just run with all Cybertronian modes...LOL.

The only real & true limitation that might be present in this is..
    Sure, funds earned (and still being earned) by this sequel might warrant a budget for tweaks, changes, and perhaps all out new renderings for any given character, but would they actually do it? I won't say it's impossible, but maybe a tad improbable.

20. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Actually... yeah, they probably will. Car manufacturers won't want some old stuff featured in a movie. I bet we see a lot of alt mode changes in 3.