Starscream as Comic Relief [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by LCDR Blindside, Apr 21, 2012.

1. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Ever since I started this episode, I had the feeling that Starscream's inevitable outcome is always hilarious.

From the clones, to the unison-speak, to the ineptitude faced by every clone, to the ultimate line,
    I just knew that, regardless of his venture, Starscream is the designated driver for humor. He can't even die with dignity, with four tries under his belt.

However, don't take it as a dissing of Starscream—in fact, this episode recemented him as my favorite character—but rather that, despite his ambitions, smarts, grandiloquence, and forward planning, he's always gonna be a shmuck.

What are your thoughts? Has he always been like this?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually thought this was the first time in a while Starscream did something competent. Make clones, send them after Megatron. Fails? Oh well, kill one of them like a boss and take the T-Cog.

3. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone else feel that Starscream is starting to go insane? Or getting even more insane if he wasn't already?

4. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    The strength of Starscream's character is his ability to go from comedy relief to being confident and terrifying seamlessly.

Much moreso than any incarnation before him.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This episode reminds me of why Prime Starscream's the most colorful of all the versions to come since Armada and Animated. :thumb 

The way he goes from being comedic to being scary is certainly a rare thing to come by. I feel sorry for his clones. :lol 

6. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, Starscream is slowly loosing it as "ahunmaster" mentioned it.

I was thinking also, that SS wants to succeed (in anything) so much that he's obsessing over it and it really doesn't turn out the way he plans it.

I have to admit he was funny

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Armada wasn't colourful. He was a good character, but he wasn't all over the spectrum like this guy is.

8. Resolution

Resolution Well-Known Member

He's not my favorite, but I like him and he is useful for plots. If he was more effective at executing his plans, either Starscream or Megatron would have to die. Megatron seems amused, even when he's in danger.

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Poor Cliffjumper. Fella must be embarressed that he was killed by someone this pathetic.

10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:

Yeah, pretty much...started in G1, Armada..and has been in the last couple of series..Animated and now TFP.

There are times he's been the killer LORD Starscream, but even when he's all serious business, either he or his followers imcompetence has been his downfall.

The best 'all business' characterization of him so far as I know has been the novels Exodus and Exiles...he's ambitious, ruthless and while still conniving and scheming his take over of the Cons as leader, he's not been the robobutt of jokes, which is a nice change.

11. longhaulsub

longhaulsub PS3 Tag: Northporttroller

Cloned SS's, must be running out of good ideas after the epic start of this season. Pathetic.

12. Lady Owl

Lady Owl Decepticon Art Slave

His plan all along after finding out they could transform. When you fail as much as he does, it's just expected. Back up plan after back up plan.

We need a Horatio sunglasses emote.

13. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

Starscream died....5 times in this episode.

and now he's got his T-Cog back.

i wonder what dying 5 times in a day does to a person's psyche.

14. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    I have to agree with this, I was really hoping that they weren't going to have Starscream clones on this show. Oh well, at least now hopefully we won't get seeker clones from this, which is a good thing

15. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

This episode did a good job of warming up again SS in my heart. Finally, an attempt on Megatron's life again. That's who Starscream is, and we, as he, should never forget it.

Plus, him staying on the Harbringer, a ship that pulls plot devices out of its ass? The sky's the limit for Starscream right now.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Starscream is my fav charecter because he's creepy, some what competant and most of all pathethic. He's basically the living incarnate of the seven deadly sins.

They have finally perfected the charecter and Steven Blum truly shines as the best Starscream actor yet.

17. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream reminds me of Beast Wars Waspinator. :D 

It's okay for a while. But I hope he learns from his mistakes.

18. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea. This is becoming my favorite Starscream incarnation. I mean really, he embodies the G1 Starscream's treacherous nature, tries to be far more cunning and brutal than his 80s counterpart, but oftentimes winds up being just as foolish as him. Heck, his pain from Clone deaths made him as goofy as Animated Starscream even!

19. SlagSwoopSnarl

SlagSwoopSnarl BUT PRAHM.

Starscream then:
    [​IMG]

Starscream now:
    [​IMG]

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Believe it or not but in my continuity. This is how Starscream would be only a bit more competant.

I have the idea of a arc where on his own casted as a outsider he struggles to survive beign the prick he is and then after being beaten tiem after time he basically goes through a contemplation and a change of heart realizing the universe will treat him like crap if he doesn't change and tries (mostly struggles) to do the right thing. Think of him in Prime now goign down a Armada Starscream path minus honour. Also he would die a honorable death to save Arcee from Megatron's wrath. his dying words.

Starscream: "Now....*cough* we're even."