Minor/Repaint: Starscream (Arios)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Shinobitron, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Shinobitron

Shinobitron Cybertronian Ninja

Ebay:
    As I spoke of in my Slipstream figure:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/327856-slipstream.html
    I was making a partner for her and here he is in full glory ARIOS STARSCREAM!

Screamer can combine with Slip in jet made to make a Super jet that mounted into a display stand. He was a tedious paint job but in the end I am happy with how both him and her turned out.

Attached Files:

2. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

He looks pretty feminine; that's so weird. He could use some bulking up in places and it looks like his signature null rays would be easy enough to add on his biceps to use in vehicle and robot mode. Really like the idea of gundam crossovers, I think you convinced me to buy a GN Archer.

3. Hype1

Hype1 D Witwicky biographer

:drool:  that's gotta be the sexiest looking Starscream build EVER!

4. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Be both know, he is NOT worthy. Sweet work, man. Allelujah would be proud. Hallelujah would like Screamer too much for my taste. :lol 

5. rainchang007

rainchang007 Well-Known Member

What a handsome Starscream...JET-mode is beatuiful too.

6. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

What's equally weird is that I don't see any feminine feaures at all, much less enough to be called "pretty" feminine. Everything is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

Besides, since Starscream is king of the skies, or whatever, then it only makes more sense for his body to have more angular, aerodynamically-friendly, features. Extra "bulk" would be unnecessary.

I think both modes look great, and it offers yet another exemplary paint job. :thumbs2: 

7. Razorrider

Razorrider Well-Known Member

I can imagine the back-seat flying now...LOL

8. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    agreed!

9. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Slim torso, wide child-bearing hips, high heels, and faux robo breasts is why. I think it's an excellent custom regardless and Starscream has never been the most masculine and modest character anyway (which is why there's so much "fan art" of him "with" Megatron).

10. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

i love this mold for starscream! Your paint job came out great! i have never bought a gundam kit for more than parts but i will be thinking about buying this mold to make some seekers out of.

11. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I'm sure Soma might like the new paint job for Archer, but i can't see H/Allelujah liking that gray on Arios. It looked better in orange. The purple on Archer certainly goes with Marie's hair colour, though.

I can't say i like this paintjob for Arios (I facepalmed as i clicked on this thread), simply because as the resident Gundam Meister i say Ascalon was better, but i'll admit the jet mode works for Screamer. Not sure if i could picture those two working together (factoring in the Archer's natural dependence on Arios' GN Drvie), but it looks good in that mode.

Robot Mode, honestly i think could be improved, but that's just me. Paint is super slick, though. Just wish the cockpit could be seen in bot mode, though that's more the mold's fault than yours.

12. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I like how well the alt mode turned out. It's very different. I definitely see the feminine vibe from him, but I think it lends to the characters other incarnations, and it's not enough to detract me from liking this piece. The paint work is really good for the colors and finish, and that you made it able to combine in some way to your other figure is a nice touch.

It makes me think of a Gradius fighter which is one of my favorite mecha designs.

13. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

This kicks ass. He's aerodynamic and slick looking in which makes him perfect to go at supersonic speeds. Great job, Shinobitron.

14. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I like it. Very sleek and very fast looking.

15. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Flippin incredible...great idea and flawless execution. I love both of them.

16. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    After seeing Leozack from last year's Botcon set and some of the followup fiction released by the collectors club, coupled with the fact pointed out by several others already that the mold looks feminine(for a transformer at least), plants the idea in my head that this might actually look better as Lyzack.

Not that I don't appreciate the idea in place here of a certain duality with the characters in question here. As a set the 2 look like they work well together. Alternatively though, a Lyzack and Slipsteam duo would work as well with a different dynamic, being that they're both sort of female counterparts to 2 well known flying Decepticon squad leaders. Plus we really need more Decepticon Fems, so bonus there.

And also, I feel it would be amiss if I didn't mention the combined vehicle mode reminds me of Buster and Hydra's Darkwing combination.

Wow, inspiration is weird sometimes.

17. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Nice choice of a model kit. It works pretty well for Screamer. Awesome painting as usual. :thumb 

18. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

I came here to say almost this.

Almost this. Jet mode is pure win.

19. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Love both those figures man.

20. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow..... some of you guys take this WAY TOO seriosuly. It is a great choice for a anime styled Starscream and the work is top notch.