Starscream Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Stardust262, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Because the great and all-powerful LORD Starscream commanded that this thread be made

2. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Hell yeah! Starscream rocks.

Also, I'll just leave this there:

RiD Screamer is better than FE Screamer.

3. Stardust262

News Credits:
    I agree with that. Screw scale

4. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Yeah, the FE is overrated.

Worst yet, people always kiss the FE's ass, and it's kinds annoying.

5. Stardust262

News Credits:

Because they think that if it's FE it's automatically better

Not saying the FE version is bad though

6. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Yeah, the FE is a good deluxe, it's just that the voyager is a better figure.

7. Stardust262

News Credits:
    Exactly

8. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It may be a better toy, but not a better representation of Starscream.
    The FE version has presence, while the RiD version takes up shelf space.

9. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

scooter-scream is still hilarious. star-scooter? IDK.

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I don't get why people say the RiD has a terrible face sculpt. It's pretty close. More so that the FE. The FE looks like he got punched in the chin by Unicron.

11. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

The only thing I like about SS is that he always gets himself screwed over :lol 

12. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Starscream is possibly my favorite character. The poor guy has all these grand plans and tries so hard, everything just falls apart around him. Plus his riding around on his scooter was pure gold. I want a scooter for my Starscream.

I have only seen pictures of the FE version but I think the PRiD version's face sculpt is spot-on. The only thing I don't like, besides the mechtech weapon, is his hip part won't snap into place. Other than that he's one of my favorites.

13. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

Starscream is one of the best characters on the show (2nd only to Arcee in my opinion).

14. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Ah, Starscream. Sinister yet wimpy, pragmatic and yet with a slight concept of gratitude, exuberant and delightfully expressive. He's the guy we love to hate and yet love regardless.

I like how, despite his more brain-over-brawn approach, he's quite a feral fighter, swinging his claws and stabbing wildly, and aims for a cheap kill-shot whenever he can. His laser design is pretty neat, and I love his missiles.

The guy's so damn unlucky and makes tons of mistakes and never learns from them, but he always tries so hard. It's pitiful yet something to be admired for his determination. With the Apex Armour, he now has a chance to strike back. Once, of course, he gets out of the ocean.

I like his design and vehicle mode. I love how his chest looks similar to the face of Movie Screamer :lol 

15. Stardust262

News Credits:
    This Starscream could probably be more successful if he played it safe and learned from his mistakes. Like Cybertron Starscream

16. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    Prime starscream is enjoyable as hell to watch and his voice is great. He's deadly yet comedic, which is part of his charm. He's spents so many eons as second in command and now that he's a rougue he still thinks of himself in that position lol. poor guy needs some allies, I SAY BRING ON THUUUUUUNDERCRACKAAHHH!!! AND SKKKKKYYYWARRRRP!!!

17. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I used to think Animated Starscream was my favorite version of the character, then I saw the TFP version. The TFP Starscream has completely blown Animated Starscream off the top spot for me.

18. SlaveToLogic

SlaveToLogic Logic > Megatron

The FE has better colours, headsculpt, scale, and over all look.

I couldn't imagine the RID one being the Star Scream I have on my Decepticon shelf.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I agree that FE doesn't mean better.

I mean FE Arcee and Vechion aren't as good as the RID ones in my opinion.

And RID Optimus has a better alt mode.

Anyway, Starscream is one of my favourites from Prime. I really do like him as a character. In my top five with Breakdown, Knockout, and others. :) 

19. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Ah, Starscream. My favorite character in the entirety of the Transformers franchise.

With boundless intellect, he weaves schemes upon schemes, always supposing that he has a way out. A lanky juggler of variables, he keeps on top only by being on top, a veritable catch 22 of desire for power. When his schemes fail, he's nothing but a weak, simpering fool ready to kiss up to anyone if it would save his own life. Unfortunately, he fails to predict that those close to him, like Megatron or Soundwave, might anticipate his steps in advance, and this makes the ladder he climbs very unstable. As Megatron puts it, "I allowed you to carry on because you amused me." And when one pulls the rungs out from him, he finds himself on rock bottom.

Aside from his failings of plot, Starscream is brilliant and charismatic, if demanding and overly assured. Though nobody really trusts him, his conniving appearance can get him close enough to shove the knife in on nearly anyone. He's utterly weak and ineffectual on his own, but to find Starscream on his own is truly rare.

His bodily design reflects his personality. Smirking, concerned with adornments, aiming to pull strings rather than fight his way to his goal. His missiles, a last-ditch weapon, there mostly to intimidate. His blasters are rarely, if ever, unsheathed, and if you notice, it's only ever to threaten something at close range.

And Christ alive, he's sexy.

20. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    What I really love about Starscream in the show is how very intresting his character is. He's perhaps one of the most intresting versions of Starscream next to the Armada Starscream. He has more going on with him then just kill Megatron and rule the Decepticons because he also has a twisted view on life,does make smart decisions and has a good reason for hating Megatron. As much as I like Animated Screamer there's reallly nothing going on with him other then "Kill Megatron and take over because I'm much better blah blah blah."

His design fits his character very well too. Sly,Sneaky,trecherous,and creepy.