Starscream animated repaints?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Jul 12, 2008.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I would probably buy all the repaints of his clones if they made them. With that being said I dont really like the figure and have taken him back. Do you think hasbro will capitalize on the season 2 closer and repaint him or stay away from that?

sorry if this has been asked before.. didnt see anything in the search fuction..

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Skywarp from the Voyager was confirmed and I think Thundercracker from the Activator

3. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    How about femmiescream?

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I couldn't wait so i made my own:ev: 

5. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I think they'll do some, I'll be suprised if they do them all though, which in that case I'll be going the same route as Tamo did.

6. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

Is the Pope Catholic? It's a Starscream mold. Of course it's gonna get repainted, probably multiple times. I dunno if they'd do *all* of them, since there's what, 8 or 9 different ones? I'm guessing you'll see 'Cracker (i think he was confirmed?) 'Warp (*IS* confirmed), and maybe 1 more (possible retool or store exclusive?). You might see a couple others at next year's botcon, given how successul they were the last time they had seekers. Not trying to poke that hornet's nest (yet again), but it strikes me as a fairly sound business move for FP to look into.

7. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    except the voyager mold will be a tough sell.A 10 dollar deluxe is alot easier to greenlight.

8. Chaos Sorcerer

How so? There's been at least one or 2 voyager or larger molds in all of the recent botcon sets. Megatron (smaller Energon mold) and Cyb. Starscream this year, and Classics Jetfire and Vector Prime last year.. the BW set had the CD Red Alert and the car guy they used for Primal (can't remember his original name). If they're already reusing the mold once, making 2 different colors of it doesn't seem that far out of the realm of possibility

9. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

You know with the exception for Skywarp and Thundercracker, I really don't think we'll see figures of the other clones.....and I'll tell you why .

Ofcourse the animated series is basically a 30 minute commercial just like G1 was .... and if they intended to make figures of them , they would have given them names in the Cartoon , in the first Episode of the 2nd season finale ... the reason they didn't give them names in the episode was because Hasbro my not be producing figures of them..... you know what I mean .

10. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    They could jsut try to say the toys and cartoon appearences are different characters.
    Toy releases all called by the seeker they homage (not sure what'd they call female starscream), but they'd still all officially be "<insert personality trait here> Starscream" on the show.

11. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I am talking mass produced over event exclusives.Releasing multiple repaints in retail is a tough call in most cases.1 or two more clones maybe but no way all 6 make it.With a deluxe they could release 2 for every voyager released.

Botcon,sdcc or others could bring one or two out but that would be it.Unless they do a store exclusive on them.

12. Chaos Sorcerer

yeah, but i don't disagree with you there. In my initial post I said 2 mass releases (Thundercracker and Skywarp) and one Store Exlusive, which is incredibly reasonable for a voyager, considering that's what they did with Movie Starscream, who is a voyager. Original, Thundercracker and G1 Starscream were mass released, and Deep Space was a Target exclusive. I wouldn't expect them to release 6 of any toy, even a scout. It'd flood the shelves. But 3 plus a store excl. over the course of the series isn't unreasonable or unprecidented at all.

edited thought: Ditto for Armada Starscream... Original, TC, Skwarp (retool), and Ramjet, though he was in Universe. Can't remember if he was an exclusive to somewhere or a mass retail though.

13. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    G1 Movie Screamer was a Target exclusive, too.

14. Chaos Sorcerer

Was he? I couldn't remember where the heck I bought him checking Hasbro's page didnt specificy one way or another, so i just guessed. But ok, 2 mass release and 2 store exclusives. :tongue: 

I could see them doing that with the animated one.

....actually, on a slightly tangental note, what they really ought to do is this:
    Instead of just releasing a Starscream and then repainting him, they oughta just make each paint scheme exclusive to a store, so like Target gets one in SS red/white/blue, Walmart gets 1 in TC blue, TFU gets SW black/purple, and so on. People who want them can go looking for them but it doesn't flood the shelves of any one retailer with 4 versions of the same toy. Dunno how feasible that is, but it's a thought.

15. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    That would work very well.

And I doubt they would do this, but if they made a brand new deluxe Seeker mold, that would kick ass.

16. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they make a few repaints. Looking forward to Skywarp, and I hope we will get a Voyager T-Cracker and G1 colors Starscream too.

17. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Voyage Thundercracker,Ramjet,Show Starscream,Sunstream & that Female Starscream chould be a New Mold :) .