Starscream and Razorclaw up on Botcon.com

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Victorysabre, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    looks good. That silver face makes a big difference.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Indeed it does, and remarkably so IMO. He looks a hell of a lot better now just because of that one thing.Something else that improves him vastly is that the outside of his legs is actually moulded in red on the Botcon page one, as opposed to painted white plastic on the one taht was in that auction.
    Razorclaw looks quite nice; that makes 2 moulds in this set (him and Crosswise) I don't have. Excellent.

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Nice, Starscream has a painted face after all. Looks good.

I'm glad Razorclaw is the wolf mold... I prefer it to the tiger. He's nothing too special or surprising, but the lighter color DOES bring out the details in the sculpt more.

Odd that his Decepticon symbol is silver, though, given the gimmick of this year's set.

So that's it, that's the box set. I'm pleased, I think it is worth the price overall.

EDIT: So, coincidentally, that means that for two years now the Botcon exclusives have included an "Evil Bumblebee" AND a yellow wolf Transformer. :) 

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Nice, very nice. Starscream looks fantastic. The Minicon looks good, he's one of the ones I liked from that set.

6. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Loving Starscream even more. And I never picked up that MiniCon set, so the Razorclaw is icing on the cake. ^_^

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally wouldn't mind getting 3 out of the 6 of the set (Goldbug, Grimlock, and Starscream). If I ever get the chance to get them, I will. As far as the others go, I'm not a fan of the Cy. Crosswise mold (one is enough of that thing), the Prime is ok, but I'd rather have Nemesis Prime colors on the mold (might get the SDCC exclusive if I get a chance), and the minicon isn't appealing to me at all.

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whew. That's much better.

Idea is a little less creative than I'd hoped (was hoping for an outright original "heroic and noble" take on a typical Starscream deco), but at least he isn't a slate of white on white. :D 

**EDIT**

Oh right Razorclaw.

Um.

hi dere lil guy??

9. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    Starscream looks way too much like Jetfire but still very cool. This is one Starscream mold that I've been waiting for Thundercracker and Skywarp for a long time. Still looking forward to the set.

10. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

meh, last years set was gold, this years meh.

11. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream is the best figure in the set! A little paint makes a big difference.

12. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Quite like those two...

13. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

Eh, like I said in the topic in that I created before this in the Botcon section(didn't know where to post it). He looks like crud, why is a minicon in a Botcon box set, as a loose figure I can see but man, for the boxset? I'm reffering to Razor Claw here.

14. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

For some reason I figured Razorclaw would be the Tiger mini-con, still the Wolf/Overbite mold I think is the overall better figure.

Screams does indeed look better then those ebay shots.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Starscream does look much better than the prototype.

16. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    im sorry, dont get it. i do not like these at all. i just think there is an inconsistancy with design. prime to me is the only that seems to be an evil autobot. at least he has his own paint scheme. the rest are made out to be someone else. goldbug is basically goldbug, grimlock is painted like trypticon, jazz is well, just jazz with "evil" logos and starscream is painted like Jetfire. to me the idea of bad autobot and good-con is alright, but i think if they had done different ways of making them look bad or good would have helped. Painting SS in the colors of Jetfire to me does not make him look like a good-con. I guess l was just hoping for more variation, but that is ok because not everyone is going to like every years figures.

17. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Not too hot on Razorclaw's colors, though I don't think any other colors on that mold will look better than Overbite's. Still, he's a Minicon. That automatically means he's at least slightly cool.

My opinion still remains the same on Starscream-- the few extra paint apps do help, but he's still my least favorite non-Minicon toy in the set.

18. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I agree, what would have been really cool if they had designed new figures but since that can't happen maybe just re-color some older figures like maybe the Optimus from the Robots in Deguise series were he was a Fire Truck, at least something different.

19. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Well, Starscream looks a lot better with a painted face. Although I still feel he needs a tad more red on his arms and more of the guns should be painted beyond the barrels.

Razorclaw looks alright. Nothing special, but the brighter colors bring out the detail. Thank God I don't include most exclusives in my wolf collection. This makes three convention exclusives to use a wolf mold, going all the way back to Windrazor in 1999.

20. Chaosbringer

Chaosbringer Casseticon Master

nahhhhh, i'll take my GF evil screamer anyday over that guy. razorclaw... mold too small, would prefer him in black and silver and named ravage :p