Starscream and Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by rich_prime, Feb 24, 2011.

1. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Does anybody like Starscream and Megatron parts in the films?

2. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

More screen time, dialog and character development wouldn't go a miss. We still don't even know officially if Starscream wants to be a leader and betray Megatron. Megatron is too monsterous and not sinister enough for my liking.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    No. Movie-verse Starscream has behaved nothing short of a sycophantic pussy every time he's appeared on screen, and Movie-verse Megatron is too generic a big bad for my liking.

4. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    ^^^ Why do you have to be negative every freaking time

Just enjoy the last film , you will get your reboot then stop posting negatives post.

5. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You cant ask for an opinion and get mad when it doesn't match yours.

6. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    I suppose your right

7. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    i know right! ... just becaue someone hates how the characters act dosent mean you ahve to go and hate on them.

i personally hate how ss acts. id rather see him closer to his G1ish personality more schemeing and such. hopefully with more screen time we will se that in this film.

If your gonna make a topic and ask for opinions Dont start bashing people! The next time you just may not get any replies at all.

8. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Well you did ask for our opinions and this is the internet where everyone is angry for no apparent reason.

9. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah yeah sorry about that

10. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they explore Starscream and Megatron's relationship more in DOTM. I can see Starscream latching on to Shockwave and betraying Megatron in the process. Then maybe betraying Shockwave and when he gets caught by Megatron says it was his plan all along to only serve Megatron. There is a lot of interesting things that can be done with these characters I just hope Bay and Crew take advantage of it.

11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Kinda like G1...more or less.

12. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:

I agree. G1 Starscream was an awesome traitor, Animated Starscream was an awesome traitor, Movieverse Starscream is a crazy Megatron punching bag.

13. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

I think Starscream deserves more screen time!

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This.

As for the topic, yes, I do happen to enjoy their little interactions together. I understand that we're never going to get an entire 2 hour movie based solely on these characters, so I'll take what I can where I can. I sincerely doubt they're going to devote 45 minutes of the movie to Starscream's betrayal of Megatron, and how he might team up with Shockwave or declare his "true" intentions of becoming the leader. That's a little too much characterization for these characters. For the Bayformers movieverse (which will end up consisting of ~7 hours in total), I think that what we've seen is what we're going to get. Summing it up: Megatron is the big tough leader, while Starscream is his loyal subject who constantly gets beaten, insulted and berated at the hands of his Lord and Master*. Good enough for me. The TV shows are where deeper relationships between the two can flourish, because they have more time to devote to that.

*Plus, I like to think of Starscream as a multi-faceted character (think Animated clones). This just happens to be the "somewhat loyal and pandering second in command, who's not yet willing to betray his master"-version.

Their first scene together in Transformers was good (in my opinion) for getting the potential ball rolling. At least they spoke with each other. Could've been even less than that. :p 

For RotF, I felt that they really tried hard to get more scenes of 'Screamer and Megatron together. Their reunion on the Nemesis was very well done, Megatron's berating of Starscream atop the building was a nice little nod to the fans, and...that one scene of them conversing on the pyramid was... nice? I mean, like I said, at least they had some moments together. Overall, a HUGE improvement.

I just hope they keep up the trend of improvement. I'd love to see more scenes of them interacting together (or more scenes and screentime in general), and I think this whole "Megatron is hiding in Africa tending to his wounds" is perfect for Starscream to fly in and say some stuff to Megatron a la the Nemesis sequence. Hopefully Soundwave is there too.

Just my thoughts. :) 

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    That damn Sunbow cartoon isn't the be all and end all of G1.

16. MikeDiaz

MikeDiaz Well-Known Member

I just hope Starscream sticks around till the final battle and kills at least two important Autobots. Killing/betraying Megatron is a bonus.

17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I personally think that the movieverse Megs and Screamer are pretty OK. Like most people I think Scream could be a more sly and meg could be less of a brute.
    I do like how they had more screen time and dialogue in ROTF

18. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Not a fan of how they're presented, really. We'll see how DotM does, but not hopeful.

19. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Like them both.

In the movie-universe, Megatron is rampaging monster who slays everyone in his path, quite different from his previous incarnations [where he was mostly a cartoon villain that fails completely at his plots].

I also like that Starscream is actually a efficient leader for once: He was able to discover how to find The Allspark [no easy feat: the information was contained in a pair of glases, probably they don't even know what the hell is a pair of glasses], infiltrate on Earth, actually Capture the AllSpark, bring Megatron back from the dead and almost win at the Battle of Mission City show how good he is with tactis.

I also don't understand the complaints of people about Starscream, if anything, he is more competent than the G1-version.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think the complaints are that he appears to be Megatron's loyal slave. But if the spoilers from the supposed leaked novel are to be believed, it's all an act.

I love Movie Megs and Starscream. They're something different. I prefer Starscreams that act convincingly loyal, even if they aren't. Even though I loved Animated Starscream, he was never convincing as Megatron's loyal second-in-command. Always sarcastic, always waiting until he was just out of the room to start bad-mouthing him. If this Starscream does turn out to be a backstabbing schemer (which I believe he will) he's the best at keeping it concealed, and thus is more convincing.

Megatron I like because of his voice in the second movie, and his pure phsycotic violence. He's just delightfully deranged, and he still tries to explain his twisted logic to people like he thinks they'll listen.