Starscream and Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, May 2, 2009.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Okay so this kinda a double thread, because I have to two questions to ask all of you.

--Do you all remember after the 2007 came out their was a lot of speculation whether or not Starscream was one of the jets that swooped down and shot Megatron in the back?
    Their was a lot of debate about it this issue for a while, and I'm still about 90% sure that happened from watching the move as many times as I have.

Since it appears that Megatron and Starscream are going to have a show down at some point in the movie do any of you think Starscream will mention or gloat about that in the movie?

--Now my second question, do you think Megatron will do a better job leading the Decepticons in the new one?

I mean, Megatron was barely in the first movie, so Starscream was calling the shots, and doing a pretty good job; or so it seemed.
    Then Megatron appeared at the very end and all of a sudden the Decepticons became disorganized and incompetent while Megatron was just kind of rampaging across the city. Even though they out numbered and out gunned the Autobots. And to be honest I'd have to blame Megs on that defeat. He was the leader he should have been leading his troops to victory, and not running around like a two year with pots and pans.
    But anyway, do any of you think Megatron will actually be commanding the Decepticons in this movie or will he just be rampaging again and just repeat the same mistakes he made in the first movie?

2. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with you. I want to see Megatron do some leading this time, which it seems he will, since he's commanding Starscream and Blackout in their assault on Prime. His only real command besides his short convo with Starscream was "Decepticons attack!" The final battle was pretty much just Con after Con trying to get Sam ad the Cube. Now, the Decepticons don't always show teamwork, but I want to some Cons fighting together as we have in the new trailer. Megs didn't have a ton of screentime but from what we saw he was kinda all brawn no brain. I hope he acts a bit smarter this time.

In RoS comics, Starscream was going to shoot on Megs but then he was killed by the cube. However, Bob Orci said that it would be cleared up in ROTF; since the two are fighting I assume he did fire on Megs.

3. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I choose to believe that Starscream did a little firing on his august leader in TF1. Their relationship is quite an antognistic one (the delivery of "I live to serve you, Lord Megatron" was definitely sarcastic). There have also apparently been some dialogue alteration in post-production on RotF to bring movie Starscream more in line with his G1 counterpart. That being the case, I imagine that he'll gloat about being responsible for Megatron's "death". I also agree that Megatron needs to show us some of the suave and sophisticated leadership skills that allowed him to build an army and decimate Cybertron. Another mad, Allspark-hunting rampage -- while it was admitedly fun -- cannot happen again.

4. Jefrey8395

Jefrey8395 Mr.COG

i kinda have to agree on this.

5. Megatron_

Megatron_ Well-Known Member

I think it will be a bit of both

I.E. anyone that steps out of line he'll go nuts and dish out a hefty beat down :D 

(im sure Starscream will say somthing to upset our fearless leader get beaten with his own arm)

hahahahahahahahahahaha

6. cnic

cnic Decepticon

I think Megs with come back with a vengance and he;s going to be a little bit more commanding and darker in ROTF

7. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I really do hope so.
    I would like to see Megatron redeem himself from his last performance.
    And now that he looks like a bad ass this time around, I actually have some high hopes for him.

8. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

I don't understand why Starscream would attack those other planes and then just fire on Megatron with them a few seconds later.

9. Faust

Faust Bring on da wimmens!

To save himself. It's in his character to do such a thing.

10. Zarscream

Zarscream Well-Known Member

starcream will probably still "try" to take command.. but megatron will (i think) will call the shots this time.....

then it'll be as normal with starscream and meagtron fighting over power of the decepticons..

11. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

Way i see it

Starscream is commanding a team of cons on earth

Soundwave is commanding the others they ressurect megatron.He goes after SS gives him beat down rips his arm off etc. SS in his usual G1 self grovels at megatrons feet and megatron warns him and tells him to step back inline and never attack him again which he does untill he sees another moment to kill him.

12. Faust

Faust Bring on da wimmens!

Yep. Lets not forget the scene of Megs slamming SS on the roof.

Epic Win.

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Starscream has plotting to defeat Megatron and take over the decepticons since G1, it in his energon, I believe he took a pot shot at Megatron and i can so hear Starscream minutes after TF1 "Megatron has fallen I Starscream am your new leader! " I am willing to bet that get played out a bit morein TF2 and 3 assuming they both survive til TF3

14. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

My guess he did it to cause confusion among the pilots and then a looks like he merged in with them, when they swooped down to attack Megs.

15. BumbleeDude

BumbleeDude Well-Known Member

Source please?