Starroid Raiders

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Mutt12, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    So when I was about three or four years old, me and my siblings were spending the weekend at my grandma's place and some relative was coming to visit, not knowing we were there till the last moment. So on the way there, he stopped by a pharmacy and got us these cheapo Star Wars wannabe 3 and 3/4" scale figures. I got this green guy with four eyes and these feathery things on his head and my brother got this guy that looked like Barney the Dinsoaur and Jar Jar Binks's lovechild. I sorta ended up commandeering both toys because my brother soon started Junior High and found other interests and I thought they were kinda cool, but not as cool as my Star Wars guys.

I had these two guys until about my senior year in 1996 when a friend of mine gave me $50 for the both of them. Thought the guy was nuts for wanting to spend so much on these cheap little figures and decided to go with it. Though a few years after I did, I felt a bit of a longing to get them once again.

Then came the advent of the internet. I discovered these guys were cheap drugstore Star Wars wannabe toys by a company in Hong Kong known as Tomland and the toyline went through various different names such as Starroid Raiders, Space People, ect...

Thanks to Ebay, I've finally been reunited with my long lost purple dude (who's name I learned is Wag) and came across various other different characters and variations along the way. Some have different body shapes and different weapons. Some have glow in the dark heads and accessories. And some even have weird weapons grafted to their arms and large disproportionate heads from Tomland's other series of 8" Mego-style figures.

Sadly, I still can't find my green dude (who I learned is named Toko), but hope to some day.

Anyways, I dunno why, but these guys are insanely charming. It's like Salvadore Dali made an action figure line. And who can't love those derpy faces on these guys?

Attached Files:

2. kylash327

kylash327 TOOOOOOYS!

News Credits:
    oh wow those are really cool! How much was it for all of em?

3. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
  4. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
  5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Starroids lolol

6. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    OMG

Just got my hands on a huge lot of Starroid Raiders.

The ones pictured in the first attachment are, from left to right, Yasu, Toko, and Papi.

Yasu... I can't help but swear his head was stolen from an old-school anime mecha, but I can't say that for certain.

Toko was a pain in the ass to find. He was my first Starroid Raider from when I was a wee lad. And now I have him once agaiin.

Papi... well... he's just disgusting looking.

Second attachment is my full collection thus far.

Also got a bunch of characters that I already have in that Ebay lot, so I'm putting them back on Ebay individually:

Haza (the gray derpy robot)
    Tomland Starroid Raiders Haza figure with axe RARE | eBay

Koga (the white three-eyed robot)
    Tomland Starroid Raiders Koga figure with sword RARE | eBay

Wag (purple Barney the Dinosaur wannabe)
    Tomland Starroid Raiders Wag figure with sword RARE | eBay

Newt (the green one that looks like Beavis)
    Tomland Starroid Raiders Newt figure with sword RARE | eBay

Aton (the brown wolf... thing...)
    Tomland Starroid Raiders Aton figure with sword RARE | eBay

Yugon (the gray cylon wannabe)
    Tomland Starroid Raiders Yugon figure with sword RARE | eBay

Zbu (the green Elmo looking one)
    Tomland Starroid Raiders Zbu figure with sword RARE | eBay

Attached Files: