Stargate Atlantis Cancelled, Stargate Universe Greenlit.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Drake, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

From the fine folks who said FU to great shows like Farscape. SciFi has announced that the fifth season of Stargate Atlantis will be it's last. They hope to do movies now.

GateWorld - Stargate Atlantis will end this season

I guess with Atlantis and BSG ending they'll have a bigger budget for their lame ass giant snake and giant monster movies that make 80's direct to vhs movies look great.

2. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I heard about this. I'm pissed.

I just hope they turn Eureka into a full season series, because I'm tired of the split up, 13-16 episode shit.

I still don't get what the hell the deal is with the 13-16 episode thing is all about, plus the hiatus in the middle, plus the 2-3 week delays for new episodes (like Atlantis just had, where Weir returned.)

I love USA and Sci-Fi's programming, but their planning is shit.

3. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Sucks.

I agree about the fucking shitty movies they make.

4. JohnnyWuFei

JohnnyWuFei ...where do we go now?

God damn SciFi Channel.

Seriously, who the hell is in charge of that network? "Oh! I have a brilliant idea! Let's cancel our good shows on the network aaaaaaannnnnd add more wrestling! Brilliant!"

Really, SciFi? Really?

5. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V I protect those I care 4

I never got into Atlantis...I liked it, just never bothered to keep up with it..but anyhow, I like the thought of making Eureka into a full series...though they did kill Nathan...that sucked...

oh and Wrestling has NO POINT in being shown on the SciFi Channel...even my dad said wtf to that..

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    They also canceled the Invisible Man which was a fun series. At least Sci-Fi will gennerally wait an entire season(sometmes 2) Before canceling a series(Farscape had 4) They usually rerun it at least once and try to get it some attention. Fox will cancell after 2 to 5 episodes if it does not have immediate ratings.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I just hope they gave them enough warning of cancellation this time to do a decent final episode. SG1 they found out about three episodes shy of the ending or something so they had no chance to finish the story (though the one before the last was excellent).

I just can't see how Atlantis can get a satisfying conclusion now. There's so many plot points left up in the air - Wraith, Michael, Replicators - I just know some will fall by the wayside. Like how the story thread about Vala's rival on Earth, Athena or whatever her name was got forgotten.

8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    As a sci fi fan, I can see why this is bad. Quality sci fi is hard enough to come across now without it being cancelled all the time.

9. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

First SG-1, now SG: Atlantis gets cancelled?!

Wow, that sucks.

10. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    But it was getting interesting! Where will Robert Picardo go now?

11. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Hopefully along with the rest of the cast to the DTV releases.

Ark Of Truth was excellent, though a bit draggy towards the end.
    Continuum was good, but felt more like an episode, rather than cinematic level, and it was really draggy in the midpoint.

Still, all in all, both films were really nicely done and worth adding to the collection, so I'd say Atlantis would do well in this type of release.

Still...killing the show like this, long before it was due...is nothing short of ridiculous.

Eureka is one of their best shows, ever. All of us Eureka fans are in for a treat this season, to offset the cost of losses incurred during the writers strike, Sci-Fi has called for a 21 episode season for this, the third season. I'm hoping that feedback will be positive enough that they decide to make it a full series, instead of just a summer series. (I hate that summer shit with every fiber of my being. It's ricockulous to make us wait a friggin' year to find out what happens next.)

12. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

Invisible Man, Farscape, SG1, now Atlantis. Wow. I really am speachless. They were really starting to come into their own.

I really shouldn't be all that supprised given Sci Fi Cannel's track record. Most of their series have 4 to 5 seasons of life to them before the money men decide they want to spend the budget elsewhere. What a shame.

13. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a cousin who is a big fan of Stargate Atlantis. He will not be happy
    when he finds out the show will be cancelled. The only show I watch on
    Sci-Fi is "Ghost Hunters".

14. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

It never makes sense to me when a show is canceled when it's one of the most popular shows on a network. I've been a fan of SG-1 since before it was even on Sci-fi. And it had a great run with 10 seasons and now the 2 movies, and of course there was still Atlantis, until now. I feel that there is still so much more they can do with Atlantis too. Really sucks that they've canceled it.

15. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well this sucks.

They already have the last episode planned and the name was released a few days ago.
    'Enemy At The Gate' will be season 5's finale and also a cliffhanger.
    What also sucks is that it'll be the 100th episode for Atlantis.

However, the cancellation of Atlantis might open the door for the next series which was pitched last year.

16. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

What was pitched?

And this is terrible news. I loved Atlantis, far more than the later seasons of SG-1. Deeply annoying news...

17. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I slogged through the first season of SG:A in Iraq, and the fact that I was in the desert is the only reason I finished it.

But I loved Invisible Man and especially GvE. Farscape and that other weird SF show were solid also. Was a shame to see them go.

18. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stargate Universe.
    I can't find the news story about it, but form memory it was going to involve the 9th chevron

19. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

Loved the original Stargate movie, but never watched a single episode of any of the TV series.

20. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

The jackhole is Bonnie Hammer. She cancelled Farscape on SciFi and the Dead Zone on USA and now Atlantis. Yep she's in charge of USA and SciFI. She should go back to Lifetime where she belongs. When BSG and Atlantis are done they aren't going to have squat.