starcom haul

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by KA, Aug 16, 2006.

1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i had been waiting for a good deal to come along to kick start my starcom collection and this perfect opportunity came along: 3 vehicles with packaging, 2 of em with stickers unapplied at approx. usd100.

some quick pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sweet huh? just need another parasite and an invader to complete my shadowbat setup. the parasites mount on the shadowbats wings, while the invader should deploy from the shadowbats cargo bay.

i dont really like the vampire actually. prolly try to deal it away once i go for starmax bomber, the good guy's small fighter plane (i forgot the name) and a laser rat.

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    nice....somehow I feel my thread over the winter had something to do with this :) 

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Damn man, thats nice, but your wife is going to kill you!

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Damn those are nice looking! I think the Starwolf is the small good guy figher you're thinking of. I never got a second Parasite myself, I'm still tempted from time to time.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    d00d, ive snucked a boxed trypticon under her nose. i am the king of toy smuggling!

(she found out i got the pirate's 2.5ft black pearl playset tho. bastard.)

chktiger,

starcom was in fact the last toyline i collected before i decided to grow up...at 14, hehe.

i collected a number of toys as a kid, besides transformers:
    - he-man
    - sky commanders
    - lego
    - MASK
    - starcom

the last 2 are 2 more vintage toylines i'd re-collect as adults. great toys with groundbreaking designs.

6. P1atinumGQ

P1atinumGQ Devourer of Transformers

Starcom was my second favorite behind Transformers as a kid. MASK was a close third. Great toys, great memories. Great haul!

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Oh hell yeah!! :rock  :rock  Those were some good times.

Only had 2 and wanted to go nuts on them but they disappeared fast.
    Good thing since I'd still be moving yards to cover it all

8. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Almost my list exactly, but Battlebeasts go third for me and then MASK (mostly because I never got any even though I loved them....I can't explain that one...). No one around here even knows what Starcom is. I love my Shadowbat, one of my most favorite toys ever! Congrats!

9. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    get ready for a photo thread on sky commanders then, because I'm going to my mom's house this weekend, and I'm gonna drag out the duffel bag I've got full of them!

10. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dude, do it!

i used to have the winged one that stucks to wall corners and the main bad guy fighter and a couple'a the small ones.

i even built lego versions, and had clothlines strung all around my room which drove my mum crazy. you had to bite the pieces of the lego to make sure theyre tight tho, since theyd sometime get loose and crash into pieces on the bedroom floor.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Stop eating your Lego's

12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    just like starcom, I went apes**t when I was like in 6th-8th grade and when sky commanders were on clearance, I bought TONS of them. I was really disappointed because their strings were so short. but this is not about them, let the discussion commence on the beauty of the magnet!

13. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet haul, even though I never heard of Starcom...

14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Bah! Me Voiceroy King of Toy Smuggling!

I've added well over 100 TFs to my collection just in the first year we were married. She knew about only two boxes of TFs that I got from trades, but she didn't protest too much because I "got rid" of something for them. Sure, I plan to trade out and sell some of the stuff I got in those trades, but I've bought probably 3-4 dozen brand new items and have smuggled them into the apartment 1-2 at a time.

I keep them in my trunk until an off day that she's at work, bring it in and rearrange the TF shelf and add the new item(s) or cram it into the closet. If she notes the shelf appearance at all, I just tell her I rearranged them, which is the truth. There are so many on the shelf already that she can't tell when new items have been added.

That's how you do it.

Although I'm having difficulty figuring out how to display Cybertron Primus without her noticing.

Interestingly enough, my wife buys me TFs on occasion (Armada Unicron, 20th Anniv Prime, LoC's, and a few others), and has been with me when I've bought some Alts although it took a powerful lot of convincing. She wants me to clear out the closet of the stuff I don't collect anymore (mostly Star Wars and superhero stuff) and *then* I can buy new ones, but I haven't gotten good enough offers yet.

It was a late-80's DiC scifi toon. I haven't seen it in 20 years, but it seems like I enjoyed watching it. There was a single 3-episode DVD release a couple years ago--I nearly always see a used copy of it at MovieStop and CD Warehouse.

15. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice haul!!!

I should have never trashed my toys as a teen.... :cry 

Looking on ebay... and I can remember most of them now... the starcrane and the starwolf were some of my faves :p . The smaller vehicles were all cool.
    Damn, those were good times...

And like you guys, this and MASK were my childhood favorites :D 

16. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ha! Magna Lock!

I remember Starcom... I used to have a few, but sold them last year. I had a pretty much complete Starmax Bomber, Starwolf, Little 4 wheeled good guy buggy, a Parasite and Invader. I think my cousin had the first base as well, the one with the moving magnets in the floor so figures could pass through the airlock... awesome.

One thing I really liked about the line was its standardisation, most of the smaller vehicles could compress into those crate sizes and store away in the bigger ones.

The only lines I'm keeping from when I was a kid are Transformers and Centurions. Which reminds me, I'm still missing a couple of AWS's...