Star Wars/Transformers Line Will Continue Into 2007

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Jun 30, 2006.

1. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    The green squidy Jedi is Kit Fisto, and the blue Jedi chick is Aayla Secura.

And a white AOTC Padme transforming into that silver ship she used in the movie could be a good idea, if Hasbro manages to pull it off.

-airfox

2. Driftbot

Driftbot Well-Known Member

JAR-JAR with BONGO alt mode. (the submarine from episode 1)

i would buy it.
    just because the character matches so well with the idea of this SWTF line...
    rediculous.

*inhales can of perri-AIR*

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Kit Fisto and Aayla Secura... what's funny is that I should know those names all things considering, but I guess it's just been too long since I read any of the books and they didn't exactly mention their names in the new movies.

Yeah. That's exactly what I was thinking. The only problem I see (because the slim designs they're using for the SWTF line seem to fit a femebot really easily) is Hasbro getting over their "little boys don't want to play with girls" gig. Of course, this being a different group from Mr. Machoman Archer Savage's crew... it's quite possible.

4. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's funny- when I was a kid, every little girl wanted to be Princess Leia. OF course, it's not so much with Padme, but I can understand why: 'I wanna be the girl who gets pregnant with Darth Vader's kids and dies in childbirth!' is very different then 'I wanna be the princess who tells Han to get this walking carpet out of my way.' Maybe that's why Hasbro can't market their SW toys to girls. But, yeah, I'd buy the Padme/ Naboo Starfighter TF.

-Tony!
    Wanted to be Luke as a kid, but now wants to be Han.

5. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Don't have Menasor yet, but based on early word it sounds to me like you're picking the bottom of the barrel. Compare the SW TFs to Evac or Wing Saber, and I don't think the argument holds.

Anyway, design aside, I agree that the TFs are complex, but in terms of value, they really ought to offer figures that can 1) hold their weapons, 2) not flop, and 3) not fall apart when you look at 'em hard.

I did just pick up the Han/Chewie/Falcon set, and other than the heads, I'd say this is a big step in the right direction. I still think it's over priced by $5 or so, but it is a big improvement over past efforts.

6. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wing Saber? No, it doesn't, Wing Saber is rather big for his size category. Evac, it does hold. (I said, I'm going by size and complexity since that determines how much it costs Hasbro, not how good a person thinks the mold is.)