Star Wars Transformers could have been awesome!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Batman, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice picture. I agree with you 100%.

They could have been any Transformers character from the mainstream to the obscure. I think more Transformers fans have been buying these than Star Wars folk anyway.

The bottom line is that a robot with a Darth Vader Helmet, or a Chewbacca head looks ridiculous. If sideshow took a MP OP head and stuck it on a Obi Wan body and called it a Star Wars Transformer, would anyone think that it was awesome? (Not in a weird funny kind of way.)

2. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

BJ:

I thought so as well until I bought the Han/Chewie set. The heads don't actually look as tacked-on in person as they did in photos, and Chewie's is actually the better of the two (looking close, you see that the fur is actually a bunch of cables and hoses.) They do look a bit weird as robots, as most of the SWTF line does. I figure the main reason for this is that the designers concentrated more on the vehicle mode than usual.

Incidentally, while Starscream as an X-wing might be quite neat, I think Brainstorm would be much easier to kitbash from an existing figure, since his G1 figure basically turned into that vehicle.

3. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Exactly what I thought would have been great.

4. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I'm in the 'Should have been Transformers that turn into SW vehicles' camp. Trying to force them to look like the characters hurt the overall design as you need to hide some of the 'figure' kibble more in alt mode, and the vehicle kibble in figure mode.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think a Seeker Tie Fighter would have been awesome. The designs improved, though. The Clone Pilot is generic enough to look fine in the back of a group shot, and Palpatine, while awkward in his own way, has a head that at least fits in aesthetically with the lower end of Beast Wars. I'm considering making him a Decepticon general or something, with the Clone Trooper as his lieutenant.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I was pretty disappointed myself. I wasn't keen on the robot modes except for Grevious, and when I got it it wouldn't stay together for anything. I've bought a few others, mainly on impulse and once while intoxicated, but overall there are things that could make it SO much better. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Death Star looks like though...I passed on both previous Vaders, so if it looks decent I might give it a go.