Star Wars Titanium variant?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Ruination04, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw a Boba Fett SW Titanuium figure today. It had a sticker that said Special vintage finish or something...Anyhow, one was a solid silver like finish. Another figure had the same packaging and sticker but in addition to that silver finish, he had color on him as well. Was one a rare chase figure or something? Not a SW collector so I didn't know, but if anyone needs it maybe I can help someone out........

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The vintage version is mostly silver, but I've seen just as many of those shelf-warming as the regular version. The case ratio must be about the same for both.

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure they did that for Vader too. Doesn't seem like it's all that special really, in terms of limitedness.

4. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Yup, they come packed 4/case, one of each for Boba and Vader-1 regular color, 1 "vintage" metal finish. I passed on the Vintage ones...I like the colors myself. Even though it seems the vintage finish ones are selling faster around here.

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

They are somewhat limited. They are 4 to a case, but most cases just have 2 each of the regular versions, while one in every X amount of cases has 1 each of the regular, one each of the vintage finish. I've seen the vintage ones a couple of times, the regular a bunch.
    None seem to move all that well, but the 'limited' vintage ones no doubt appeal to people who like their toys to purposely claim that they're 'limited.' Never mind if the toy is actually any good.

6. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But what gets me is that BOTH were labeled as vintage finish...That's what confused the heck outta me

7. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Well, that is weird. I've only seen the silver/metallic/'vintage' ones a couple of times and as far as I know, they're the only ones that are supposed to have the stickers...as they did the times I saw them, while the regular ones didn't. :peoples: 

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I go hunting almost daily, and evey where I've seen (all at four different Targets), there was both versions when they were new stock (I go early to check for new toys) Maybe later wave will be more limited, or already are at other retailers...I dunno. The sticker says "Limited" Vintage Finish" All the regular versions I have seen have a sticker that says "Display case included" (see pic)

[​IMG]

9. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mmmmm well I guess it was just a factory error......oh well, if I was into Star Wars collecting at all I would get it.....I just thought it was odd.......If anyone wants it, I could go back to see if it is still there...