Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by knook, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/05/star-wars-the-force-unleashed-gets-multiplatform-exclusives/

They actually look pretty decent on all systems. The PS2 version looks especially impressive considering the age of the system.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Let's be realistic, Lucasarts themeselves haven't done anything worth a damn in over a decade. Developing stuff in house should cause everyone to be vary wary.

However; I've heard nothing but good things from people who have had hands on with the next-gen Forced Unleased.

3. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    It might be because I'm pretty much just following the Wii Version, but I think the game was designed from the ground up as a 360 games, with the Wii and PS3 being ports. The Wii obviously downgraded but I think the one-on battle mode was in development almost as long as the main game. In a recent Nintendo Power interview they mentioned this was supposed to "the game" that used the Wii-Mote as a Lightsaber. Apparently even though it's been in development such a long time, it's still not tweaked enough aka they dumbed it down to left/right up/down attacks.

Thanks man! Looks like it's going to be the first game I buy twice for two different systems.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Actually, the PS3 and 360 are being developed side-by-side in house. A company by the name of Kronos is handling ports for the Wii, PS2, PSP and DS. Apparently the 360 and PS3 will be near identical and then the Wii and PS2 will be near identical (save for the controls and dual battle on the Wii). The PSP and DS versions will be the least like the others.

5. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i liked jedi knight 2, and that episode 3 game was kinda fun in a SOR button masher kind of way.

if twist gets it i will too :D 

6. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I'll put a word in for JK2 as well. Althougth I was hella disapointed that it didn't inherit the epically huge and varied levels of its predacessors, its still a great game to play and improved the lightsaber and force controls massively. Hated Acadamy thougth, talk about expansion pack sold as a full game.

Not big on Battlefront either, althougth I probably would have liked it if it was specifically designed and built for PCs rather then 5 year old consoles.

I'd easily pay £100 for a remake that makes use of moden resolutions and AI programming. Moreso if you could play it in different eras, i'd love to have a crack at running Shadow Hand or fending off the Vong invasion.

7. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lucasarts didn’t develop KOTOR themselves. And when the first developer couldn’t or wouldn’t rush the squeal as fast as they wanted they passed it to a different developer and it was a let down.

Cool, this is really the first I have heard about the extras.

8. RabidYak

We know, we're talking about them in general rather then just as a developer.

I'd be a pretty short talking point otherwise, they've been out of the developing business for about 6 years and will probably be out of it again after Force Unleashed judging by whats going on there at the moment.

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know the hard core know but I thought for the benefit of the more casual or not as in the know it would be helpful write it out.

10. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what is keeping LucasArts from regaining their glory? oh. all their great games are DOS based...(Damn you, Microsoft, damn you to hell! in Charlton Heston's voice.)
    really, i miss the simple, yet engaging games of the old days. Tie Fighter, X-wing, X vs. Tie, and what about Full Throttle, Sam and Max, Maniac Mansion...The Dig and crap, i forgot the game where you had to use muscical notes...
    they kept things simple and yet those games delivered months of bad-ass fun to our house.
    wish they'd boot up those games and remember.
    i hope the new game delivers, really i do.
    I sometimes go to my bro-in-law's house and use his old Pentium 266mhz to play those older LA games (Dark Forces is getting dated, but is still a hoot.) just to remember that fun SW experience. would like a new feeling like that soon as possible.

11. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

anyone know the official release date as well as store exclusives that will be with this? I know wal-mart is going to have some exclusive figure 3 packs I believe that I plan on picking up on release day, any ideas as to what other retailers have for release day, targets rancor doesnt count!

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you guys have a PS2, check out the footage of the PS2 version of this game. It actually looks very nice, in a GOW sort of way. If there is enough of a difference in the game, from the PS3 version, I might get both. Hopefully this game brings Star Wars back into the good game limelight.

13. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Should I get Knights of the old republic?

14. RabidYak

The fact that any old shit with Star Wars written on it sells thesedays and that the Lucas empire has long since given up on the pretense that its about anything other then raking in as much money as possible.

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am not going to get my hopes up for this game. The last game I thought was a must buy tured out to be not so great *Looking at you HAZE* I will wait until I hear more about the game.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If that's the ol' Kyle Katarn game, absolutely.

17. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I love star wars, but with their video games, ever since the NES time, Ill get myself excited for a new game and end up disappointed or bored with it. Im just tired of buying into them and they ending up as shelf warmers. This game does look awesome, but I aint taking anymore hits.

18. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

isn't it that bioware rpg one?

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I stand corrected... in that case. Absofreekinlutely YES.

20. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'm curious about The Force Unleashed, but I think I might wait until I can pick it up for cheap from Gamestop for like $10 or $20.