star wars movie episode 1,2,& 3 posters rare?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by mac&cheese, Jun 18, 2010.

1. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i was just checking on ebay today to see if theres any of the real movie poatsers from episode 1, 2 , and 3. i dont see any of them on auction or completed auctions. im talking about the offical posters which came from the star wars club, i believe. which also came with the watermark logo. these came out when the movies was release. im sure some members here own a few of them. i still have one of each, so im thinking about getting rid of them now. since i lost interests in star wars. any ideas of what they are worth on ebay? i beleiev they where something like 20.00 to 25.00 each when they came out back then. any ideas?

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    No clue but if these posters are a club exclusive its quite likely they are all in the hands of club members and unlikely to change hands often as there was literally a shit ton of posters released for all 3 movies so many people would go for cheaper alternatives unless they were collectors and had to have the club version.

in conclusion id say probably worth what the original retail/club price was.

if you had posters of that type for 4,5 and 6 released when they came out then you would have something will real value. not that the club was in existence in 1977, may have been in 1980 for Empire strikes back though.

3. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Are they single-sided or double-sided? The double-sided ones are worth more than the single-sided ones. Are they 27" x 40"? The prices for these movie posters are all over the place, depending upon whether it's an original or a reprint. I did a search online and found an original Episode III poster selling for $355. Amazon has a set of reprints of all 6 movie posters for $40. If your goal is to make some real money off of them, you're going to want to take them to a movie memorabilia store and have them appraised. And they have to be in perfect condition to be worth anything. Even the slightest tear or crease will make it worthless. As for eBay, the average eBay buyer isn't going to pay you $100 each for them if he can get a reprint of the same thing for $15.