Star Wars Live Action show....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Star Wars Live Action

huh...so nothing from the skywalker portion, which kinda sucks...id love to see a young han and other characters doing cool stuff...guess we'll have to wait to see what happens now...im still excited, star wars will never die...

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Actually, that could be quite a refreshing take on the franchise. It's sorta like Star Wars Battlefront the series. People who want the Jedi stuff will have the new Clone Wars cartoon. I can dig it.

3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting. And already a Galactica comparison, which was the first thing I thought of when I read this thread.

4. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

I actually prefer this new take on it as well!

5. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I would actually be disappointed if there was no new clone wars cartoon coming out. I'm a jedi/sith fan so to see an entire star wars show/series with no lightsabers.....it's just wrong.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Yeah, but come ON...there's no way they'd do an entire Star Wars TV series without indirectly hinting at the mythos of the Jedi. It's an integral part of the series. It may not be the FOCUS of the TV episodes, but I'm pretty sure it'll be one of those presiding themes throughout the first season of the show.

I mean, heck...during that 18 years between ROTS and ANH, we know that Palpatine goes around slaughtering Jedi, right? Well, Jedi are resourceful. I'm sure that one or two will just happen to end up bumping up against our main characters for an episode or two while they escape the Emperor's assassins.

7. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

No interest here, too much Lucas involvment and I have general distate for the post-revision version of the 100-0 BBY era.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    this'll prolly be a hit n miss affair for me at least. theres some EU stuff - comics in particular - that i like, most i dont.

i generally prefer if they tie back to canon (not cannon) material, without building itself into something independent of itself. i mean, whats the point?

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Well, Lucas has essentially taken all of the non-canon material and gone "Yeah, uh, thanks for making us all that money before, but we really don't care." I didn't see anything that made any references to the EU in the prequels and I don't think Lucas is going to use any of the EU stuff in the series.

If he does, I will be really, really amazed. I hate to say it, but the Star Wars expanded universe had such a rich and diverse set of stories in it. It'd be a shame if Lucas just went, "No, that's wrong. HERE."

...but he probably will, because what sells better today - 5-10 year old comics, books and video games, or a NEW TV SHOW BY GEORGE LUCAS OMG!

10. Lumpy

News Credits:
    that'd be cool...you could have an episode about an entire crew of stormtroopers going up against a jedi, and maybe the lead character is the only one who survives...that'd be fun to see...ah, i love star wars...so much...even with all the revisions...

11. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Sweet. The Porkins show.

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    what i'd like to see, would be standalone episodes where they spoof other TV shows, but using SW character/settings! just imagine the potential:

- an imperial CSI unit working in mos eisley - a wretched hive of scum and villainy
    - a stormtrooper unit gets stranded on an outer rim planet - ala lost
    - a seinfeld episode...but with jedis! (and a friends ewok episode)
    - a wookie christmas episode!....waitaminit.

KA
    -loves him some post modern

13. Lumpy

News Credits:
    KA you ever seen troops? youd probably like it, its a Cops spoof with stormtroopers....explains what really happens to uncle owen and aunt beru and also a little scene with jawas...its great...

Troops

its on you tube...go watch it if you havent before....or watch it again if you have...

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    bitch you taking me fo' a star wars noob?!! *pimp slaps lumpy*

15. RabidYak

What, no Pimp my Death Star with gangsta rap Vader?

16. MegaPrime33

That's actually not entirely true. Aura Sing, who is a bounty in the EU, appeared briefly in The Phantom Menace. Yes, it's briefly, but EU was still being acknowledged enough to hire an actress, create the clothes and props, and put the actress through hours of makeup. So to say he doesn't recognize it isn't true.

I am a SW fan so I'll watch pretty much anything that has to do with it. It's whether or not it's good enough for me to keep watching is my only concern.

17. RabidYak

The blue Twi'lek Jedi was lifted from the EU as well, as was Coruscant's name. Swoop Bikes and the Outrider are in the SE version of Mos Eisley and theres an Action VI in the AOTC spaceport scene, althougth those were probably ILM's doing.

TOTJ did dual blade sabers years before Lucas, but I should imagine that would have happened in TPM regurdless. I suppose you can count the Juggernauts as well, althougth thats a bit tenuous since they started out as ESB concept sketches.

18. MegaPrime33

And to add to the list Obi-Wan mentioned the name "Master Vos" in Ep3 referring the EU character Quinlan Vos

19. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

OMG!! That freakin Rules.. They should've done this a long time ago..

20. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Let's not forget midichlorians, which the entire world decried as Lucas losing his mind, but which actually showed up clear back in the Zahn novels. Funnily enough, I actually LIKED midichlorians in those novels, because it lended an odd blend of science into the Star Wars religious/magic properties. It was like they had been there all along, but someone finally found out what they were and how they affected things.

The movie just tossed it out as a one-off and left people feeling like the entire mythos had been flushed down the toilet. I'm not entirely sure why it got the reaction it got, but I think if people had researched where it came from they wouldn't have hated it so much.

As for the new TV show? I've been looking forward to it since it was just a rumor. Though I likely won't get to see it until it hits DVD a year after it's been on TV. We don't do that cable/satellite thing anymore.