Star Wars Legacy

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Autobot HipHop, May 14, 2007.

1. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I just got caught up on all my book reading and I must say that Star Wars Legacy is quite impressive. While maybe not quite up to the standards of the classic Heir to the Empire series IMHO, Legacy is definitely doing it's part in adding substantial events to the expanded Star Wars Universe. I think it's difficult for any book not featuring characters from the Original Trilogy to hold it's own weight. But Legacy manages to pull it off with subtle hints and nods to the original series...(slight spoilers below)

• Skywalker descendants
    • Ship names like the "Mynock"
    • Character names like Darth "Krayt"
    • An ever evolving Sith Element
    • An imperial princess and an emperor with some noble qualities
    • Wise Crackin Jedi
    • "Good Guy" Bounty Hunters

All these add up to a very riveting series. One where the golden rules of the original SWU are now just hearsay in SW LEGACY. Great read.

2. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

Been reading it since the preview comic. Im enjoying this comic more and more with each passing issue.

Best issue had to be the Noob Stormtrooper. Damn that was good

3. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Missed the last issue, gotta get it. Love the series. The first 8 or 9 issues rock hard.

4. Autobot HipHop

Was that issue 4? I missed one of the earlier issues that focused on either ST's or Mandalorians :( 

5. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

Legacy rules, but thats no suprize with the creative team it has as they did most of the best stuff in Republic, and came up with the best charactor of the entire PT-era (Quinlan Vos). For me the two coolest parts of legacy have been the part with Krayt consulting the Sith Holocron, and Spolers Force ghost Luke.

6. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I agree, this is a really great series, which is saying something since they're all new characters. The only thing I don't like is that the Sith have returned, which completely negates the whole Anakin/Chosen One prophecy. But it's cool all the same.

7. Autobot HipHop

Does it negate it tho? I thought the prophecy was that Anakin was to bring balance to the force in which he did by whiping out all of the light side jedi. Also, the prophecy could have been "era specific".

At the time of Anakin, the light side was the dominant force. Palpatine and Darth Vader were able to dwindle down the number of jedi. With Luke being the last remaining Jedi at the end of ROTJ he then established a new Jedi Temple tipping the scales in favor the light side once again. Which, in turn brings out the sith or dark side force weilders from hiding.

It's the neverending eb and flow of the universal force. At least that's how I interpret it. (Although I could be completely wrong hehe)

8. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I've thought about this a lot over the years and the whole "Balance of the Force" thing could be taken two ways.

1) the Force is naturally balanced when it's just the light side - the Sith and the Dark Side are unnatural and cause it to be unbalanced
    2) like you said, the Jedi were thinned out, thus creating a level playing field (but then, wouldn't the prophecy be screwed up the second Vader dies, since Luke is then the last Jedi and there's no Dark Side to balance him?

But now in this series, since there are a lot of Sith and there are a lot of Jedi, I guess the prophecy still holds.

Where's the smiley face with the nerd glasses?

9. Autobot HipHop

There seems to be Dark and Light side force wileders throughout the entire Star Wars timeline so the only conclusion I can some up with is that there will always be a Dark side and a Light side untill the end of the Star Wars space-time continuum.:inquisiti 

Otherwise, it should be roll credits after ROTJ and no more expanded universe tales should be told.

On a more real world philsophical/ religious note, the force in SW seems to be similar to the forces that are believed to have created our own universe, "Order" and "Chaos". Without getting too deep you cannot have one "force" without the other. Dark cannot exist without the light and vice versa. Remember when Palpatine said "The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way, including their quest for greater power."? As evil and backwards as his views are, this is actually very true. The sith and the jedi are very similar. They're ultimate goal is to be the last man standing so to speak.

The irony of the prophecy is that there can never be a victor. The force, and the universe, only exists if there is balance. If the scale tips one way the force works itself towards equilibrium...untill the end of time.