Star Wars Figures/Toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by payres, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The riot trooper should've been in the line instead of Zuvio. I thought it was dumb that the riot trooper was paired with Poe for target. That set should've been Poe and Stormtrooper Finn, OR had Finn with lightsaber instead of Poe. It's not like the lightsaber for him was a spoiler, Disney showed him wielding it in the trailers and Lego has it prominently advertised.

I would've taken Crimson pirate guy over Zuvio in the BS line. Hell they could've made Maz with the chest that had Luke's saber. They could've added extra guns or something for other figures.

2. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    That's what happens when working for Hasbro is more a function of living near Providence than interest in toys.

Moreover, corporate culture selects _against_ the types of people who would think differently. After waiting for a spot to open up, hiring depends on your agreeing with their current direction, however wrong it is. Once on board, advancement is also highly dependent on agreeing with decisions made higher up, however wrong they are. The monopolistic nature of IP in this country ensures that even if, say, Mattel does things smarter, they cannot do Star Wars smarter.

So, perversely, somebody who wants to fix Star Wars has to hope that Star Wars does average for a significant period of time. Too poorly and it's cancelled, too well and you can't change it. Pretend to be excited about every mediocre idea that comes up yet, somehow, be seen as having potential to shake things up if/when current leadership is thrown under the bus. I don't think I could fool them for long enough to seize power that way.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Pretty much this. I never understood why Target's exclusive was a mix and match of two characters that were technically not in the same scene together. And even if you wanted to count Poe because he flew his X-wing, it should have been his X-wing gear, not the jacket he wore at the beginning of the movie. If they're gonna be that dumb, they might as well have packaged Jabba with Mon Mothma and called that an exclusive.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toys are developed for over a year. Clearly, when Zuvio was chosen, he was probably in the film. However the film was being edited up to a few months before release and within that time, Zuvio's scenes were cut. The Zuvio figure was far too long in the production process for Hasbro to drop him. Its not Hasbro's fault and Lucasfilm should not be forced to edit their film around toys. That said, Hasbro shouldn't have packed him in several cases. Should have been a single wave only figure.

Why are people dissing the 2 pack Poe? I don't remember that figure getting released any other way. People want a Finn to be packed in there? Mr Epic Peg Warmer? Not even Zuvio reached Finn's status. I much rather have a new costume Poe then a duplicate of the figure we already had (which is what Finn would have been to be scene accurate.)

5. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    I don't know about where you're at, but Zuvios and Guavian Enforcers melted the pegs here. Sure the Finns pegwarmed too, but the other two outnumber Finn by a ridiculous margin. These days, finding a Finn on the pegs is like finding a rare figure. At least that's the case for all the Walmarts around me.

6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Finn Army is still well in place around here. :D 

Sad thing is, reinforcements are coming. Hasbro should really make Ep8 Finn a rare figure but they won't.

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Finn in Stormtrooper costume would've been a good match with Poe because that's what they looked like in the beginning when they stole the TIE fighter.

• Like Like x 3
  8. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Tenebre

Tenebre Sharkticon

I hear you, the TFA line was definitely mismanaged, as I'm only finding out now. I ignored the line (both 3.75" and 6") when it first came out, but the good thing about coming in late is I'm getting a bunch of figures for clearance prices (which, for many of them, is exactly what they're worth).

I just picked up the last 6" Finn at a Walmart near me, on clearance, so they are finally selling through. Another Walmart is loaded down with Reys, unmasked Kylos, Jyns, and Cassians. Especially the latter two. Might as well wait to pick them up next year at clearance. They'll still be there...

11. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Yeah, the Finns are practically non-existant where I'm at now. As for the rest that you listed....they're still plentiful even at $9.84 or something like that :lol 

12. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Grabbed Leia.

• Like Like x 2
  14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's some pictures of the Vader I picked up. I must be getting older...I really can't bear to open him up last night! LOL!

The pics and the glossy sticker on the top right makes the box look really beautiful but be warned...the box is really made of thin cardboard and can crease quite easily.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. offrampclimber

offrampclimber Tree Fiddy

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    That whole package looks amazing! Thanks for sharing.

I haven't been following the news on these 40th anniversary figs -- I just have a preorder for the first case at BBTS. Where is this Darth Vader Legacy Pack going to be available in The States?

16. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

When did this Target exclusive Black Series AT-ACT Driver come out? I just stumbled upon three of them yesterday and didn't know anything about them.

17. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Whut?! I want one! Gonna check later but I went to Target yesterday and they had jack shit. Still waiting for their 3 pack exclusive to go on sale and wonder why it hasn't yet.

18. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    At the bottom of a locked cabinet in a dark cellar guarded by leopards.

19. Grimlock4523

Grimlock4523 Me Grimlock, KING!!!

Yah a lot of collectors are swapping the a Hover Tank Pilot head with the AT-ACT diver head and creating a Hover Tank Pilot Commander.

20. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Cool! I don't need to worry about that since I ordered the SHF Hovertank Commander. I just want every Trooper variant I can get!