Star Wars Crossovers V-wing / Imperial Pilot

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by RedAlert Rescue, Dec 27, 2010.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The Pilot has the same (slightly wonkey looking) head mould that the shock trooper version has.

Here you can see that he can hold things in his hands the circular pieces are sprung and anything flat or narrow can be placed in the gaps pushing the springs down and holding it in place he he's shown holding his own missiles - the gaps are to shallow to allow him to hold only the slimmest of items though - so he can't hold an Energon spear but he might be able to hold some other things with slimmer hafts like say MOTU Skeletor's staff for example.

[​IMG]

The skirts mounted on the hip are movable up and down so you can push them up to give him more of a skirt or push them down to free up the legs more.

The shins rotate completely so you can decide which section you'd like to be the area showing forwards. it does slightly change the angle of the legs though.

I found the front landing gear strut does not sit flat on the ground in vehicle mode unless you pop it off and reverse it then it does.

[​IMG]

The small mid grey L shaped pieces one the back of the neck are movable up and down and can help with storing the missile on the back if pushed down a bit in robot mode.

But it's not required to move them at all really.
    I like to store his rockets on his back a lot of the time, you can also lift and tilt his cabin area to free up a little more leg movement too. the cabin opens and can take a mini-figure but none is supplied with the toy.

The folded up Twin Ion engines on his back give a sort of jet back look to him. His droid can also rotate. But is not removable.

[​IMG]

His missile look OK in robot mode too - but can lead one to think he does not have proper arms - especially as a lot of available image of the characters do not have the shoulders pulled out and up properly.

I prefer to have the solar panels folded up - but they can also be reverse around near his hands to give a power scissors look to him.

[​IMG]

The roof panels which become his shoulder panels in robot mode also open and close in a few positions in vehicle mode

[​IMG]

The shoulder plates can be mounted in a few different ways how you prefer I guess. overall the toy looks great in Vehicle mode, is not to shabby in Robot mode and is a nice thing to buy if you looking for something Imperial.

Much of the fun come in moving the wings about in the vehicle mode for me such as displayed all folded up with the landing gear down and cabin open. or with the S-foils in various positions.

Overall the size is good too and it ranks as one of my Favorite Crossovers toys.

If you like the Clone Wars Shock Trooper deco better there's no appreciable difference between the two except the color.. but the clone one does go very nicely with any other toys in Republic army color.

A good toy and one i'm fond of and I've not had any issues with peices falling off like some Star Wars Transformers I can think of.

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Updated with Shock Trooper Pictures

I've taken some more Photos the weather's not up to doing it outside though so just some simple inside shots of the comparisons and other colour scheme type :

Size comparison with a typical Deluxe Transformer :

[​IMG]

Comparison of the Clone & Imperial Pilot types in Mech-mode.

[​IMG]

Rear view with missile storage point shown ; also the skirts are shown one side fully up and the other side fully down to show how much movement they have. you can also see the way the cabin area slants to free up leg movement.

[​IMG]

You can see here how the hands hold the missiles, and also an alternative display of the shins :

[​IMG]

Most generic photos of these show the wings and missiles like this which is fine as an attack mode but does hide his hands from view sometimes if your not familar with the mould : Also note the shins are differently rotated again this time.

[​IMG]

Vehicle mode with all the parts folded for landing or storage. This is probably how they might store on a hanger bay to take up minimal space ;

[​IMG]

One possible wing position - giving partial protection to the cabin area for a Tie Inteceptor like look:
    [​IMG]

Maximum visibility or AR-Wing like wing position :
    [​IMG]

Vehicle mode rear view :
    [​IMG]

Hanger scrambling (with a borrowed ARC-170 pilot) :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Size Comparisons :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]