Star Wars Crossovers - V-Wing found at retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Bgrngod, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Found this at Target today here in Tigard Oregon on my lunch break. As far as I know it hasn't been spotted yet. Or at least it hasn't been reported as spotted yet. First time I've seen it. Sorry for the overexposed pic. My camera phone is kinda meh.

DPCI# 087060588 (I think.. it's the # under TOYS-SPORTING GOODS on the receipt)

Damn thing was $18.49!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice find. Hope to see one on my local shelves soon.

3. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    On the off chance anyone cares, Plo Koon/Jedi Starfighter is part of this wave, too. Found both of them at Target in Lafayette, IN today.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also bought in south corona califronia

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Any pics of Robot mode and alt mode? I know there are press pictures, but it would be nice to see it for sure properly transformed. (The AT-TE pics for example, were not)

6. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    he doesn't look any better transformered properly

[​IMG]

The poor guy has a torso shaped like me. He practically has love handle. He has a knock offish and soft plastic looking head that shows alot of flaws.

Despite the massive forearms he has no hands just those black bumps that are supposed to be claws i guess. His shoulder engineering is just bad. He looks like he cant put his arms down but those are actually his shoulders.

He does have some awesome stuff going on below his waist...Wow that sounded wrong. He has waste swivel, good solid legs (but no heel spurs) and his cock pit does not hinder his leg movement.....wow that sounded worse

7. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I'm pretty damn sure his shoulders pieces (the ones with red stripes on them) where assembled wrong too. The instructions have them upside down, but at the same time the holes on them need to point up to move the "fins" (partforming FTL!) to them. He'd look a lot better if they were flipped so they could turn down a bit. It would get rid of the squared off shoulders he has now.

This guy is definitely a perfect fit with the line. Awesome alt-mode. Craptastic bot-mode.

And Megahavok, you may want to shrink down that pic. It's a whole meg for one file. Thanks for posting it though.

8. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    damnit i found these today and was just about to post about it

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i foudn this the other day, and took pictures to come post, then forgot...oh well...didn't pick him up though...as much as i love SW and TF's i've been lagging on my SWTFs...hopefully i can get caught up soon...

10. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    sorry about that didnt realize it was that big

11. Tranzilla

Tranzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reeled in a Plo Koon at Target in Hagerstown, MD on Saturday.

12. Thorns2010

Thorns2010 Well-Known Member

Wait WTF? How do you not have sales tax on toys?

13. Takun

Takun strongbad_email.exe

Ebay:
    Is that really the V-Wing? Forgive me, Im a little rusty in the star wars dep., but I used to be a huge fan of it all. When I read the topic about a V-Wing, I half expected to see the awesome little speeder from the Nintendo 64 Rogue Squadron game, yknow, scram jets, seeker clusters and a funky design. But the image at the top of it in the box is hard to see with the light shining off it, and its a bit strange it'd be a shock trooper and not a rebel pilot if its the same design, so.. is it? (Yea, again, my star wars knowledge has plumitted over the years. But I wouldnt mind if they made an Outrider that transforms into Dash Rendar...)

14. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Wait? This is New? This figure has been at my local Meijer for weeks!

15. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember someone posting that SWTF in recent purchases a while ago. Going to have to check out some Targets today to complete the SWTF collection, if I have any room left in that section.

16. decepticonjon

decepticonjon japness for balls

this has been in the arizona sightings thread for about a week. but still good news for the few that collect 'em.

17. StarscreamKills

StarscreamKills TF Shrink

Ebay:
    I really, really tried to get into this line - @ least with the clone trooper ones (includ. Cmdr Cody & Cpt Rex) and it just was a pain in the ass. I wonder if the straight jacket of having to make both the vehicle/alt and robot modes reflect something in that universe was the show stopper. Maybe if they could look like any kind of robot that may have allowed for better construction.

18. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I doubt that would have really helped. These things are so painfully strapped by the alt-modes that all the bot-modes suffer quite a bit. So much that turning into any old bot would not change anything really. There seems to be no effort to try and make the transformations all that unique either. A number of them are virtually identical, just with different kibble stuck on them. Which is why they spend so much time in alt-mode once I get them home.

I'm still surprised there haven't been any C3PO or R2D2 figures yet. Must be too much of a challenge I guess...

No sales tax on anything in Oregon (anything that I know of that is). Every time it comes up for a vote, we overwhelmingly shoot it down. HORRENDOUS property taxes though.

19. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Yep, I found both of the new ones and posted them in the MO sightings page a few days ago. I actually really like the Shock Trooper. It is a fun little figure.

20. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

V-Wing Fix

I got this guy over the weekend too, I think they really should try to make these better if they're charging more and not including mini figures.

I did a little mod to him to make the shoulders look better - at first I thought they just needed switching, that gave him great arm articulation but he couldn't transform properly after that. So I gave him two-way shoulders instead - unscrew the top part of the shoulder and pop out the rest of the arm, you should have a little two-half shoulder joint left. Using a craft knife, I cut out just enough plastic to allow the shoulder to bend the other way - not a big amount. I also shaved down the shoulder so that it curves the same way on both sides, now the shoulder can bend in for v-wing mode, and the shoulder can bend down to give him proper arm articulation.

For what it's worth, he does have an odd sort of usable hand - it's a claw with a springloaded disk in the center. If you wanted to give him something to hold (a gun, not those tuning fork missiles he comes with) just press the disk in and slide under the claw parts. Not great, but also not useless.

I kind of like the V-wing in spite of its fairly easy transformation and popeye arms - if you leave the missiles in, he's got big arm blasters. He looks out of shape since the shape of the torso is upside down.

I should probably stop buying these, but they're not terrible.

Tim
    "toy geek"