Star Wars Crossovers V-19 Vigilance Starfighter

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by RedAlert Rescue, Dec 31, 2010.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The V-19 Vigilance was one of the Star Wars Transformers I was most lamenting not being able to purchase anywhere due to horrible UK distribution on Star Wars Transformers - but luckily some Chinese Grey Imports showed up the end of 2010 so I was finally able to get one - and i'm not going to cry that the instructions are in Mandarin Chinese.

You can see a size comparison with a number of other Star Wars Transformers vehicles modes here ; selected for their Republic Army colours.

Top left to right V-wing, V-19 Vigilance, All Terrain Tactical Enforcer, Jedi Starfighter, ARC-170 Starfighter, & a Republic Gunship.

[​IMG]

Close up with a V-wing - Note the V-19 has huge multi-positionable wings ;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think they sometimes look like this as they take off and land :
    [​IMG]

One possible flight configuration is this - (possibly good for in air flight) :
    [​IMG]

Or in Outer Space like this : (thought it does block the view a bit i'd have thought) :

[​IMG]

I left the Landing gear down as they are quite stiff and I couldn't be bothered to keep folding them up as I usually have to lever them out carefully so they don't snap in half.

Hanger storage and scramble configuration ? : (with borrowed ARC-170 Pilot figure) ;
    [​IMG]

Still seats a mini-figure though none is supplied ;
    [​IMG]

The robot mode is a very good one but it does have slightly loose knees - but otherwise very good, He can hold the blasters from the wings and the wings themselves can fold up or be removed ;

[​IMG]

The engines are movable and can be rotated forwards as shoulder blasters, or backwards out of the way.

The fore arm is completely rotatable so yopu can decide if you want the copper pannel on top or underneath in either mode - I decided on on top in robot mode and covered underneath in vehicle mode.

His feet can also be either way round to since the are double jointed at the knee I decided to give him the claw toe look. if you reverse them then the landing gear stubs act as knee pads but he has very short toes.

The Helmet is rather good it's not wonkey like the V-wings head is and it looks very robotic - it's movable left to right on a swivel.

Full assault mode :
    [​IMG]

One slight disapointment is that huge wing does not really go anywhere and
    it could have folded up a bit better ; I wonder if his robot mode is supposed to be sporting a jetpack as the left over engines on his back are very suggestive of one ;
    [​IMG]

He certainly looks like he supposed to fly in robot mode ;
    (especially with the alternative placement of the wings shown here attached to the engines:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He has a decent range of motion overall - though the squarish shoulders are a bit oddly designed they can move in and out and rotate up and down but not out or in especially ;
    [​IMG]

Though this is compensated for by good movement in the rest of his arms.
    He also has a movable waist joint. but it's often blocked a bit by the kibble.

Size Comparison with V-wing/Shocktrooper (another Republic Army Clone trooper deco character) ;
    [​IMG]

Overall the only bad points I can offer about this toy ; is the wings are not a firm as i'd have liked, the shoulders are a little odd I suppose and he has a lot of kibble that probably could fold up a lot better especially that massive sail on his back (it's removable at the atachment point but 'm not going to yank it off in case it breaks - and there's no place to store it anyway).

But those are all minor issues - he does not fall to pieces like some of the Star Wars Transformers do he's got a huge wing span in vehicle mode and very little visible kibble in vehicle mode - the movable wings provide lots of vehicle based fun and he even has two firing rockets.

As I mentioned earlier he's got a great head sculpt, and his arms from the shoulders down are very good. he's also good value for money compared to say a reissue Jedi Starfighter due to the sheer size of him..

So not as solid as a typical Marvel Crossovers toy but still a great toy if you like vehicle as it's the vehicle mode that realy wins out with most of these and this one is no exception.

NOTE : A few screws and pins on mine have been painted but otherwise no additional paint has been added to the body of the toy and t is a fair reflection of it's appearance.

2. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    You know, the v wing has "claws". Merely push the springy discs in them down (they won't break).

3. GreenCream

GreenCream Well-Known Member

I love your Star Wars Crossover reviews. Please never stop making them. Ever.

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'll do more if anyone's genuinely interested. I decided to do these as they sort of match with the Imperial Army deco and people don't give them much love - I however rather like them. Especially the V-wing

I think they must be for holding the rockets as they don't seem to have any effect in vehicle mode - certainly a very unusual design choice though.

[​IMG]

5. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    The "rockets" are electro prods! :p 

6. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    For attacking giant robo-cows - or Bitch Slapping Imperial Walkers maybe ?