Star Wars Crossovers Obi Wan Kenobi Jedi Starfighter (2010 Version)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by RedAlert Rescue, Dec 27, 2010.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    This version of the mould has a number of changes over the previous Jedi Starfighters the original version had a slightly more Mature looking facem and the artoo unit in another place, Originally the 1st version came with 2 light sabers, a Hyperspace ring and a pilot figure now you just get the single lightsaber and no pilot and no Hyperspace ring - though the cabin can still take a figure and the old Hyperdrive ring still fits fine.

When Hasbro reissued the Yellow Anakin Starfighter that too also now has no Hyperspace ring.

Anyway as you can see the droid is now situated in the center rather than off to the side and this colour scheme copies Obi Wan's appearances in the Clone Wars cartoon - previously the old Obi Wan looked like it was dressed in a mix of trooper armour & Jedi Robes this one is clearly Obi Wan in a space suit - and the colours match a Obi Wan 3.75" Clone Wars figure released around about the same time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obiwan features new hands - the only advantage of which I can see is that they can be rotated to fill the underside gap in better in vehicle mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The vehicle mode features 3 retractable landing gears but has no obvious place to store the lightsaber any longer, cabin opens and the seat inside moves back and forth.

I can see no obvious way to remove the Astromech droid so it looks like it's stuck in place.

In robot mode Obi Wan's face looks a little younger but is not as cartoony as I first feared it would be.

So If you want an Obi Wan Transformer and you only plan to get one I'd recommend the earlier version of this mould over over this one due to all the extra accessories you'd get.

But if you want something that is more specifically Clone Wars and don't mind the missing parts then this one is perfectly OK too.

If you just want an example of the Jedi Starfighter Mould then I'd recommend still considering the Obi Wan version as it is better looking than the Orange one and is the generic Jedi motorpool colour of the time. and still has a mini-figure but in terms of which one is the best colour I'd recommend the Plo Koon Blue & White coloured version over any other.

In general it's a good mould with the only slight problem you might find being if to much force is applied the feet can some times pop off. and you might have to rotate the engines a bit to stop the arms from falling down to easily in vehicle mode.

I like him though - but I would state that is in part as I didn't pay full retail for him I might not feel the same if paying retail price for something that is missing 1/3rd of the original pieces as this one is.

2. StInG286

StInG286 Well-Known Member

How are this scale wise in robot mode with other transformer lines? Also how large are their heads also?

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Crossover lines are roughly comparable to the old-school Megas. Larger than a modern Deluxe, smaller than a modern Voyager.

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Thanks, I didn't know about the molding differences, I thought it was a straight redeco minus the ring.

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    This is what the Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter looks like sporting the orignal versions Hyperspace Ring, as you can see the colours don't exactly match but It looks more or less OK with the original ring on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is a general group shot for size comparisons :

[​IMG]

And a comparison of the robot modes of both versions :
    [​IMG]

An assortment of the Vehicle modes :
    (Sorry about the lack of the yellow Anakin Skywalker type I left him in a box someplace with all the Episode 3 Starfighter SW:TF's and I've not stumbled across him again yet.)

[​IMG]

And here finally shown with Plo Koon (which is my Favorite of the various sorts) :
    [​IMG]

NOTE : Some of them have been slightly repainted - mainly the odd screw or the cabin glass surrounds. most come with Hyperspace units but these are not shown.