Heavy/Scratch: Star wars crossover scourge

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Mega-Prime 316, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

Hey guys this was my entery for the Create the Ultimate Scourge Contest over on Sector70.com.

I looked for a base transformer that I thought that would be used minimally, but still had a basic Scourge feel to him. I chose the Star Wars General Greivous Starfighter. It had most of the basic look I was looking for. I began with building him a face. I had to build him a nose out of some scrap plastic from a old model and then built him the "facial hair", cut out the mouth and glued the whole peice onto Greivous' face. Then I mounted the head peice buy cutting a small square out of the crest on his head and drilled a small hole so the peg on the bottom of the hand blaster fit into it. Also trimmed down the missle tip so it fit in the end and glued into place.

The transformation is the same with one small change. The tail section is upside down and I had to build a small platform for the "head sensor" and missles to attatch to.

I also tried something different on this pait job I've never tried before. I tried the panel lines with a fine tip sharpie. I have a new found appreciation for this process now!!

Well here is my finished product. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed doing it!!

Attached Files:

2. Magmatron22

Magmatron22 HADOUKEN!!!

wow that turned out realy nicely I like the wings in his bot mode

3. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Brilliant idea. I'm not crazy about the glossy paint, but the idea is awesome.

4. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS Sector70: Reformatting... Veteran

Very nice, I like the thought put into it. I never would have pulled a Scourge out of Greivous!

5. cyclonus666

cyclonus666 target master

very good choice for the vehicle mode, theres a better way to get the panel lines though and its a little less time consuming, PM me if you want to know

6. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    This turned out great and I really never considered that mold for Scourge until seeing your custom (didn't know you did it until it was over though). Very cool, man! I really dig the panel lines on this--it brings out the detail in the mold. Keep up the great work!

7. Spurt Reynolds

Spurt Reynolds Puppet Show Justice!!

You really found a fantastic mold to use as a base & i love the idea of a Star wars/TF Scourge.
    Great job.

8. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    yeah man, definitely the most robotic alien of the bunch and a great mold choice to start with. He's also the creepiest (in a good way). great entry Mega-Prime!
    Sweeps Army Unite!

9. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!
    Glad you liked my choice for Scourge!! I agree, he is kinda creepy looking. I think it is his beedy little yellow eyes that look right through you to your very life spark! ;) 

10. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I'm glad i didn't enter my Jedi Starfighter Scourge now. Wouldn't have held a candle to this. Great job.

11. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

The choice of base mold is pretty inspired.