Star Wars: Clone Wars (TV series) - Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prowl, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I searched and saw the thread on the movie, but I thought we might keep it separated since there are like 5 million shows and movies on the Clone Wars.

Don't know how many of you guys will be watching tomorrow. I think I am definitely giving it a chance. I mean it's the first Star Wars TV show since Droids and Ewoks (Ongoing, I mean). And the previews look adventures and fun, which is wha Star Wars is supposed to be. I can't wait.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'll give it three episodes. My only problem is that I don't think Cartoon Network will actually be broadcasting these episodes in HD, which is pretty lame for a network that has an HD channel.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't know that. I was kinda hoping for an HD broadcast.

The only thing I noticed and liked about the trailers is that it seems more fun. I know the topic of the clone wars and all the Jedi deaths was more serious than Han yelling at chewie , but it looks like there are going to be some Episode 4-6 moments in this one. Also you see a better side of Anakin, which makes his fall even harder. I never really felt sorry for him in the movies, but now with the Clone movie and this series, and then seeing him in the Force Unleashed game, I am started to feel more pity for the character.

4. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I actually just watched the movie the other day. It wasn't horrible, but at the same time it wasn't great. My problem is that this whole series basically makes the other, really good animated series, non-existent.

5. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If I didnt see the movie, have I basically missed the start of this series?

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I think seeing the movie will get me watching this series as I actually enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

7. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Yeah, that's very disappointing. At one point, TNT and TBS were also going to carry the show in HD but it isn't currently on their schedules, at least not for tomorrow night. In any case, the first season will be out on Blu-Ray eventually and that will have to do.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes because one of the main characters (Anakin's apprentice) is in this series, but I'm pretty sure that it will have a clean start and not make you confused for not watching it.

I agree with whoever said that this dismisses the first Clone Wars series, but I always thought that the war was pretty long and that this series happened between the two cartoons... So after Anakin defeates that hunter jedi, but before CW cartoon 2. I forgot if he had a scar in the animated movie, because that scar was received in the second part of the cartoon.

I know the second cartoon happens immediately before the movie, so this series must showcase the stuff in between.

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I was just glad to see CN offering Steve Oedekerk's hilarious SW spoof "Thumb Wars" short as a bonus with tonight's airing of Clone Wars. I've got it on DVD and I'll probably still watch it again this evening. I keep hoping Steve's Thumbs will get picked up by [as] as a series, so any exposure the Thumbs movies get with larger audiences makes me happy and just keeps that hope alive.

I still haven't seen the most recent Clone Wars movie due to the negative reviews. And I just don't forsee them being able to top Genndy Tartakovsky's vision for the previous Clone Wars series. It was all kinds of awesome.

Either way, I'll still be watching tonight. I've been a SW fan nearly since birth, and like TFs I'm always willing to give new SW media a chance.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hurray for another Thumb fan. I didn't know about Thumb Wars being shown tonight. That's GREAT news. "That's no Moon!"

I was pretty sad that they never got the Matrix Thumb out, and that one of the perfect spoofs could have been Thumb of the Ring. But it never got the chance to flourish.

11. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Watching the first episode as I type this :D 

I LOVED the movie. I found it much better than the weirdly animated one from a few years ago.

I have high hopes for the series.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, I haven't been this excited about Star Wars since I saw the trailer for Episode 1. This was, IMO, seriously badass. I love how much personalities they are giving the troopers, and the preview for the rest of the season looks badass. And the droids were actually funny, especially the one who was so upset that he was going to die and commented on how "he had just gotten a promotion"

Another thing... Spoilerish (for this episode only)

The droids cutting the troopers out of the escape pods to let them suffocate was brutal.

13. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just finished seeing both the episodes. I really liked both episodes, but thought the first one was better ( Yoda has once again proved to be a fucking beast). Wish we would have seen Plo Koon fight more, but I think it pretty much lived up to my expectations. I cannot wait for the Kit Fisto episode....holy shit is that going to be badass.

14. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    I actually liked the first two episodes. The first one is better, since we know that Yoda is a BADASS little green killer. :D 

15. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Liked the movie a lot, and loved every minute of the first two episodes tonight. It's a wonderful middle ground between the live-action movies and the (still great) over-the-top-ness of the Tartakovsky series. It also has a great mix of humor (LOVING the Battle Droids) and serious war stuff (actual deaths).

It doesn't need to dismiss the previous stuff. As you said, the war is long (about 3 years between Eps II and III). Plenty of time for more. The movie and series (so far) fit between Chapters 21 and 22 of the Tartakovsky series. That's the first two episodes of season three or DVD volume two. And Lucas has said he doesn't intend for the CG series to supersede the original.

16. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I'm curious as to how well Seth Green has voiced Kit Fisto. Hopefully it's taken seriously.

17. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    clone wars

how was it, i thought it was awsome

18. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I thought they were ok. Good for a saturday morning cartoon. The animation is certainly spectacular. Except for syncing the voices to the lips, that's pretty bad. It'll be fun to watch, but it will be tough for this series to offer anything too exciting as we already know the fates of all the characters. I give both episodes a solid 7 out of 10.

19. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Huh. Didn't realize he was going to be voicing Kit. During one of the promo clips last night, he did speak a couple of words -- didn't sound goofy at all. And he was fighting Grievous with two sabers in hand. :thumb 

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I missed this but set a recording for tomorrow. (as they usually replay Saturday shows on Sunday)

So was it really good? Anyone have an online link they'd liek to share so I don't have to wait?