Star Wars Blu-Ray deleted scene trailer

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by TheSpacebridge, Jul 22, 2011.

1. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge

News Credits:
    Guys

Starwars.com has put up a really cool teaser for some of the deleted scenes that will be on the Star Wars Blu-Ray box set

http://starwars.com/video/view/001267.html

REALLY looking forward to this boxset. I actually went on the set of the sandstorm scene when I was a kid, I've been saying for years I saw a Y-Wing there, so glad I wasn't going mad!

Cheers
    Hitch

2. Christian Prime

Christian Prime SF Ibuki & Makoto Fanboy!

Sounds fascinating, maybe more interesting info might come up soon before September arrives. :) 

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Holy crap!
    Elaborate.

4. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Still not getting the set. Not even deleted scenes from the original trilogy can convince me to buy it.

5. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

Man, I don't wanna jump on the Lucas-hating bandwagon (Wait, yes I do. The guy's a dick), but how long has he been holding onto those deleted scenes? He only decides to release them now? This guy's marketing skills are insane.

Anyway, I'm not going to buy a Blu-Ray set unless it comes with the non-special editions. Otherwise, my DVD's will do just fine.

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm torn. I'm intrigued by the scenes, especially th Ackbar one.

But I would just like the original 1977 cuts to be released. Even if they release it and the recut together, fine. But the 1977 cut needs to be released again. Sometimes it'd be nice to see the original movies.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    You realize you're talking about the guy who created the Summer Blockbuster, movie tie-ins, and revolutionized the industry of Boys' toys, right?

This is the guy who's marketing skills are 'insane'?

8. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Replace "insane" with "genius".

9. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Damnit. Now I have to buy it.

10. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure he meant "insane" like "insanely astute" or " insanely impressive"...I took it as admiration and not a slight.

If only Fatneck's writing skills had developed as well as his marketing abilities have I might be able to give a damn about this franchise. The prequels just ruined SW for me. I won't exclude the possibility that something could come along and reinvigorate my love for SW, but right now I can't imagine what that would be.

So until then 'ol fatneck won't be seeing any of my money for anything.

11. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge

News Credits:
    I grew up in Borehamwood where Elstree studios were. My father is in the film industry so I frequently went on set of films, I can remember the sets for Superman movies, Labyrinth, Roger Rabbit & loads more

I went down when I was 7 to see the Jabba the Hutt set and the Falcon set where the Sandstorm scene was filmed.

I've seen several times a workprint copy of ROTJ a friend has (he worked on the movie) which includes loads of deleted stuff

The sandstorm scene was originally in place of the scene of Luke talking to han from inside the x-wing. They blew so much sand in front of the camera you couldn't see anything! I remember there being a Y-Wing there. They filmed the X-wing/Falcon conversation to replace it

Other deleted scenes I've seen are more bits in the Rancor fight, Vader choking the guards outside the Emperors room, shots of rebels using the Falcons gunner stations (from ANH) during the Endor battle, shots of general Madine during the Endor battle, Vader with Luke's lightsaber during their duel. I've also seen a totally different version of the Ewok celebrations at the end with no Lando.

Hoping all these will make it onto the Blu ray set

Hitch

12. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I heartily agree, but Lucas has said repeatedly that he will never release the non-SE's again. I think his exact words were along the lines of "wanting to move forward, not backwards", IIRC.

13. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    man its gonna be a glorious day when i get this <3

14. sh002

sh002 Banned

i'll probably get this.

15. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Of all the movies, I think Return of the Jedi is the one that could benefit the most from having some of those scenes put back in. I don't particularly care for the sandstorm scene but I would love to see Vader choking some Guards. Sure, he did it a lot during The Empire Strikes Back, but this kind of character development shows me he's struggling with the decisions he's made, particularly regarding the Emperor and Luke and makes his eventual turn back to the light more believable. As it is now, it's like he just flipped a switch and was, all of a sudden, good again. I'd also like to see the battle within the shield bunker. As it is now, it looks like Han, Chewie, Leia and the other Rebels just waltzed right in. The use of the gunner stations would be awesome, because more Millennium Falcon is always better, and I'd really like to see them acknowledge that Vader picked up Luke's lightsaber after he fell from the rafters. That would really amp up the drama and make you think Luke's really in trouble now.

I can't wait for this set!