Star Wars BattleFront 2 (PC) help!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by netkid, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Okay so here's the deal,

So far I'm on the last mission of the first campaign "knightfall" and I keep getting my ass handed to me by the Jedi.

As on yesterday, I kept capturing the first command post just fine but I kept failing when the Jedi destroyed all the "holocrons" in the library (what a nightmare!).

I looked up Faqs for help and now realize that I have to use the Clone Engineer to repair a holocron (just 1) and sucessfully defend it for 2 minutes.

Problem is the Jedi keep respawning and cut me down constantly.

Now today, I go back to replay the level again, and for some reason (using my same strategy of sniping off enemies and taking the command post) the guards keep respawning (they always have infinite respawn until I capture that cp) and my fellow troopers are dropping like houseflies!

Yesterday they seemed to take out the enemies with ease and now they are terrible!

What can i do to improve my plan of attack and win this darn level?

I looked up for a god mode mod just out of curiosity. I found this:
    http://www.cheathappens.com/show_download.asp?ID=19903
    It's a Trainer that gives "Unlimited Health, Ammo (No Reload), Sprint, Jetpack. Some options may not work together. For use in Single Player only."

^But I don't want to download it because I fear it may carry a Trojan virus and i don't want that on my new PC.

Does anybody know any good mods that would give me cheats like that^ (it stinks since the PS2 and X-BOX versions have cheats but PC does not).

-OR-

Does anyone know any good attack strategies for winning this darn level?

And please, I don't even wanna think about what the timed Hoth level will be like! *lol*

2. Rampage01

Rampage01 knockoff of a knockoff

I don't know of any mods, but something that works well for me is to stick with the engineer all through the mission. The shotgun works wonders on jedi and temple gaurds alike. Also, for the holocron, I'd recommend standing back from whichever holocron your protecting. If your close enough to the holocrons, the jedi will slice you up on their way over to it, but if you stand back a bit, they'll usually ignore you and go straight for the holocron, at which point you can gun them down with ease.

And don't worry too much about the other missions. The jedi temple is the hardest and most frustrating mission in the campaign. It took me a few tries before I could beat it, too. After that first time I managed to win the level, I've been able to beat it every time I play it.

3. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Alright. That's it. I totally F****** give up on this game. I have repeatedly tried every strategy I've come across and still it's not helping.

I sprint over to the library and no more than 5 seconds after I've entered the room, the Jedi have destroyed all the holocrons. I've tried guarding every individual holocron from every angle all while eliminating Jedi. And I've desperately tried to repair whatever holocron I end up guarding. It's just not working. Thats it! I give up! Screw this game! Games are supposed to be fun not frustrating!

4. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

Did you already try lowering the bot difficulty?

5. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

This is why I only play instant action. Endurance: Legendary Woot!

6. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ^Yes, I have the bot difficulty on NORMAL. And everytime I play I kill enough men to get the "energy regeneration" power-up.

It just like weird. I'm first into the library and my fellow clones don't move quick enough. It always seems like it's me vs the entire opposing army with very little assistance from my team.

7. Single Elegant Machine

Well, you can get AI teammates to cover you using bot commands.

8. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ^I've tried that but it seems all they do is stand around or go off and fight their own battle.

These "bot commands" are the "F-#" keys right? There are many different ones...I've tried using "F10-Back Up" and "F11-Attack" before. Are there others I should use that would help me more?

9. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Yes, I too never beat this mission. I just said, F*** it, and played some LucasArts games that are actually FUN. Namely X-wing, TIE Fighter, X-wing vs. TIE Fighter (with Balance of Power Campaigns), and X-wing Alliance.

God, would it KILL them to just make another X-wing simulator for those of us that actually have piloting skill and don't get confused by having advanced keyboard controls?

10. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    oh Thank the video game Gods! I finally beat it!

I ended up using a normal trooper and headed directly for the back of the library room. I blasted ANYONE who got near me or the 2 bookcases I was guarding. One Jedi managed to destroy a bookcase so I shot him down and then proceeded to guard the other case while I frequently stayed near the health and ammo droids for extra assistance. My brother (who was watching me play at the time) helped out by continuously pressing the F11 key "Attack". This helped me by having my fellow clones attack the room and keep the enemy count low and the body count high. It seems they finally are responding to the commands as I wanted them too. All while this was happening, I shot down ANY Jedi who approached my bookcase. I made sure to defend both sides of that case (front & back).
    -&-
    After that (and a few more deaths), I took the normal trooper, and managed to wipe out the Jedi upstairs using my rifle, detonators (throwing them only at groups of Jedi, not just a single Jedi), and F11 for my teammates to attack the Jedi. I then retrieved the item and ran like hell back to the clone transport ship. I then used the command post and swapped from a trooper to a bazooka carrying trooper. I used his bazooka to finish off the three Jedi Masters (with one bazooka hit for each Jedi Master). And that's how the Temple was won...

All the stuff you hear about using the Engineer for this mission is BS. At least for me it was.

I then beat Naboo, Mustafar-Space, and Mustafar. Naboo and Mustafar were a real pain because of the sheer number of enemies and the task of killing the Queen (her Jedi guard were easy to destroy) or the Genosian guy at the end (he was a REAL pain. Eliminated half of my entire army, that slimy insect!). Luckily they both fell to my bazooka despite my declining number of teammates. Finally, the war wasn't about creating an Empire, but maintaining one...

On to Kamino!

11. Single Elegant Machine

Well, Battlefront II is fun online. Not as fun as the original Battlefront, but it's still enjoyable. The single player campaigns for both Battlefronts are rather lackluster though. At least Battlefront II had some semblance of a story.

I too would kill for another X-Wing type flight simulator. It's about time they got around to making one.

12. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    I thought the last two hadn't done so well, particularly Alliance, and that was why there hadn't been any others done since. That, and the group doing it jumping ship to do Bridge Commander and other games.

13. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

X-wing Alliance did fine with the exception that it was a rushed game with no add-on that concluded the Azzameen story arc. This in part was because LucasArts only wanted to produce the craptacular Episode I games and focus solely on prequels. Totally Games didn't do Bridge Commander until after.

The weakest game by far would've been X-wing vs. TIE Fighter because there was no single player storyline to speak of and lots of missions were rehashed TIE Fighter training missions (and even a few X-wing missions thrown in for good measure). And also there were no new ships at all (at least until Balance of Power).

14. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Beat Kamino! Boy was that a pain!
    But it only got worse!
    The Death Star was nuts!
    But it only got worse!
    The Polis Massa Asteroid was aboslutely insane!
    But it's now crazier than ever!
    I can't beat Tantive IV!
    Almost my entire team gets killed before we even capture the first command post!
    And playing as Vader only helps so much.
    I got so close to killing Leia the first time around. Now I can barely complete the first objective! Argh!
    And I thought the bookcases were hard! They're nothing compared to this!
    Damn you Lucas!

15. AkatsukiFan

AkatsukiFan Legendary

if your still on tantive IV just use vanguard and the godmode cheat. P.S. hoth and yavin IV will be HELL!!!

Good Luck

16. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What's that? How do I get it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.