Star Wars Astromech Droid Question

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Insane Galvatron, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I need your help. I bought my daughter some of those "droid factory" 2 packs that were Wal-Mart exclusive for Christmas. The one with Plo Koon and R4-F5 has a problem. The wheel on R4-F5 in the middle pushes up inside the droid for standing. It appears to be made to pop back out for rolling around. However, after pushing the wheel inside, I can't get it come back out. There appears to be a button on top, but it does nothing. I checked the box thinking there may be some instructions or something, but nada. Is anybody familiar with this Astromech Droid mold that can tell me how to get the wheel to pop back out?

2. Mat-Man

Mat-Man Well-Known Member

Try rotating the dome; if it just clicks, turn it the other way. I believe they used the R4-G9 mold for the astrodroids (I still need to get myself a set - I really want C-3PX!) Hope this helps!

3. Maximum Burn

Maximum Burn JETS AND HELI!! I LIKEY!

I think you bought a swamped product, since the one described on the rebelscum photo archive is based on a different mold, where the middle leg is completely removable and roatating the dome raises the telescope instead of the mid. leg.

Rebelscum.com: Star Wars The Legacy Collection Photo Archives

Anyways, rotate the dome clock wise to lower the leg and counter to raise it. It sounds like the one you got is based on Ep III one. Rebelscum.com: Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Photo Archives

It seems like you could of stripped the gear since you pushed the mid. leg in.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Nope, the gears are not stripped. That worked. Turning the head about 2 full turns moves it up or down.

I tried turning it before, I just didn't turn it enough.

Thanks for the help guys.