Star Wars Action Fleet colletors ?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by SureShot90, Oct 22, 2008.

1. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Star Wars Action Fleet collectors ?!

I was wondering if some are collecting the MicroMachines Star Wars Action Fleet figures from Galoob ? They've been around since 1995/96 I think it is.
    And if you have pictures of your collection both large and small do post some pictures - and especially if you have som rarities !.

I primarily concentrate on the SW AF's from Ep.4-5-6 and I'm hoping to get most of these vehicles - I have around 35 vehicles or so MIB/MISB - I love the boxes and how you can repackage and display them, but also the fact they have this small schematic overview of vehicles and figures.

I know some don't percieve them as "legit" Star Wars toys, but for me it's about the vehicles since I'm more of a vehicle fan than an actual character fan. I'm just amazed about how great those small vehicles are and they're so extremely detailed - also compared to the "larger official" Star Wars vehicles.
    I don't know, are they "official" to the line or just "wannabe's" ?!.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I have about 8 or 9 of them, and maybe some old pics, lemme lookee. (most are scattered around in my pb haul pics)
    Used to love AF's , they're like the perfect deluxe size , well detailed and those little pilots were classic.

Was pretty much into these until SWTF's came out. Most of em have sh!tty bot modes, but the vehicle modes are pretty nice and about the same scale as the AF's

EDIT-

found 2 pics so far...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  3. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I love these things! Especially all the TIE's. The Bomber and Interceptor are two of my favorite toys ever. I remember hunting down all the different X-Wing variations...

4. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had a bunch of them but I gave most of them to my kids. They like the small size. I still have my Alpha Series and the Falcon vs. Tie set stashed away somewhere.

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm a SW vehicle nut as well and love these things :D 

6. Commtech

Commtech Voice Over Bot

News Credits:
    I have about 10 different ones, but they are stored away. I just have no room for them now.

7. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I have TONS of these. I kept to the fighter-type--not getting many that were too drastically out of scale. Collected TIE fighters and Interceptors, bunches of X-Wings, B-Wings, Y-wings and A-wings, plus a few odd-ships here and there. While the fighters aren't even to proper scale, it's cool just having them.

I even went as far as painting up the different pilots with different helmet types--some based off the movies, others just however. Makes them all stand out as different pilots. Did the same with the R2-units.

I was always hoping they'd continue into Ep-II and we'd get a Jedi delta fighter, but ah well.

8. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have a small bunch but no pictures...

only rare one is the tie defender. never found that ewing /cry

lets see.. i got

xwing
    ywing
    bwing
    awing(green)
    tie fighter
    vader tie (first version, big)
    bomber
    interceptor (with one george lucas pilot)
    tie defender
    falcon
    slave 1
    tantive 4
    rancor
    imp shuttle
    ATAT
    snowspeeder
    atst/dewback/speeder bike battle pack mini sets
    death star playset

i had a lot of fun with these guys when i was younger. was considering selling them but cant bring myself to do it.

9. SureShot90

Ebay:
    That's pretty cool ! I've also been thinking about making a custom vehicle - something like getting a busted X-wing and turn it into a T-wing figter or perhaps a Z-95 Headhunter !.

Ooh don't. I had a pretty nice collection too back in '97 - just around the time I was getting back to TF's, so I ended trading my whole SW AF collection for TF's like Scorponok, Apeface and many other figures. It's wasn't a bad trade at all... but still years after it bugged my I had traded them away because I loved them, especially the TIE's.

Now I decided to get 'em all back :D 

10. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Some pic's of my current vehicles I've managed to acquire since late august till now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (I have to Green A-wings, but forgot to take a picture of the other one)
    [​IMG]
    (Top box is Argos? Luke's X-wing)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I finally found a TIE Defender & Millenium Falcon, so I'm awaiting those soon.

I'm planning to get hold of Alpha Series Y-wing & B-wing, Java Sandcrawler and perhaps Rancor (not totally convinced about this one). And I need to find a Rogue Two Snowspeeder also. Lastly I need another A-wing to custom paint into Blue Leader them my collection should be done :) 

One thing I've noticed and haven't really been able to figure out is why there on some boxes are "see-through-side-windows" on the box, while on others there's not ? E.g my two Green A-wings are identical but one has see-through-side-windows the other is just "blank". :wtf: 

11. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have a box full of these things. They were my favorite aspect of SW toys until I stopped displaying SW toys (well, aside from my Council of 30 Yodas). I love the tiny pilots. My favorite was the Tie pilot that had a removeable helmet with none other than George Lucas underneath. Well, as Lucasy as something that small can look. :)  Oh, and this was the first line to see a Porkins figure.

12. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Ah yea. I forgot about that removeable helmet of one of the TIE Interceptor pilots :D 
    I don't think Galoob made a Red-1 X-wing did they ?. It would have been nice to have one.

13. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I never collected these, and I've never even been a Star Wars fan, but just the idea of these really fascinated and tempted me when I was much younger. I even missed my best chance to get one from my dad, when the Smithsonian had the big Star Wars exhibit at the Air and Space Museum and one of their gift shops was filled to the brim with SW toys, including Action Fleet ships.

My brother did get a couple, the standard X-Wing and later the odd and unfamiliar E-Wing (didn't know at the time why I didn't recognize it, but of course I do now), plus the smaller blister pack that had the landspeeder and the Ronto. They must all be gone by now though.

14. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  15. SureShot90

Ebay:
  16. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    The only Action fleet that I really wanted but never got was the Droid Starfighter. I still want this.

17. SureShot90

Ebay:
    It's also pretty cool, since they retained it's transformation funtion.

18. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

Have a bunch of these somewhere, I know I have all the rebel ships from eps 4-6 as well as the accompanying TIEs, pretty sure I have the shuttle and AT-AT as well.

19. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Yea there's quite a lot of them just from ep.4,5,6 and also if you count in the many variations.
    When I get all the ones I want I'm gonna do group shots but not before.
    Just paid for my MISB TIE Defender. When you compare the usual $15 for a MISB TIE Advanced x1, then $125 for a TIE Defender is quite a lot - but still it's extremely cheap since they usually sell for around $200~250 MISB (the same goes for E-wings). I was lucky I found them both to $125 a pop.

20. SureShot90

Ebay:
    FINALLY - THE RAREST OF THEM ALL HAS ARRIVED... and after paying yet another $78 in custom fees for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]