Star Wars 30th anniversary dvd???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Stupid George

so, i guess another version is coming out....no idea whats on it, but im probably gonna want it...and i right after i get the un-luca-fied versions too...damn...stupid GL...

2. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

I though that a 30th Anni set was common knowledge, or at the very least accepted as inevitable. No surprise here. It's the reason I dumped my original set and refuse to buy the prequels, not to mention the set was just released. Can't wait for the other "anniverary" sets down the line...

3. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Please be a 6-pack, please be a 6-pack, please be a 6-pack.

4. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i think itll take a 12 pack to make the prequals better...oh wait..thats not what you were saying....

and i guess i just get bugged by constant rereleases of the same movies, just with different special features...and if it is a 6 movie set, and they include the unaltered trilogy, then it makes the whole limited edition set pretty mute...but whaveter...if i still dont have ep 1 and 2 by then, and theres a gajillion extra features, ill sell off a set and get the new one....stupid george

5. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Nice Sig Cripnite!

I bought the version from last year of the original trilogy. The special editions with the added footage don't really bother me because I own the original versions on VHS.

Just as long as I've got them somewhere... as original as can be.

O I know you might be thinking.. just not on DVD....

My answer is... we still own a vhs deck. I'm cool with that.

Just my 2 cents...

6. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Saw this coming miles away. Now, how much, and what content is on it?

They should have a special edition of the prequels where they use digital effects to remove any trace of young Anakin Skywalker. Also, they should digitaly remove all the dialogue and acting.

7. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

If you add fake looking CGI effects to that list, they can just put blank DVD-Rs in the cases.

8. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

If the rumors of there being "Special Editions" of the Prequels are true, I'll get them to be spiteful to all those who hate them!

9. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Special Editions of the prequels will be fine, because it won't be RAPING MY CHILDHOOD OH NOES! AND JAR JAR = TEH SUXXORZ! HOW COULD GEORGE DO THAT TO MY BELOVED EWOKS!

Oh, wait, I actually liked Jar Jar. So, whatever.

But I still don't mind special edition anything, as long as the original is still available as an option for historical purposes.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    lucas issuing more versions of SW? yawnz.

the only thing more lamer than george humping his cash cow are the ppl who whine abt it. oh noes lucas is making me buy more stuff *rolls eyes*

at least the ppl who whined abt the previous lack of digital version of the OT sans SE had cinema history to back em up *rolls eyes complete 360*

11. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I already have 5 of the 6 movies, probably get the last soon, so I'll just wait for a HD-DVD or Blu-Ray version for my next SW purchase, this is getting ridiculous

12. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm actually beginning to respect Lucas for having the balls to keep throwing new versions out there rather than being baffled by it. Fucking insane.

13. Night Flame

Why wouldn't he? There are some people out there who own every single version ever released. Some of them buy two copies of each, one to keep sealed because, with Lucas, in their minds, you never know when the existence of a certain version will just be completely retroactively wiped out. Like he tried to say he had done with the original cuts of IV,V,VI, but everybody with a clue knew that if there was money to be made, they'd come out eventually.

For myself, I'll buy one, maybe two more copies TOTAL of Star Wars. I bought the original release of VHS tapes way back when they first came out. I held out for the latest Limited Release DVDs with the original cuts. And, since I don't own Eps. I,II, or III yet, I may consider buying the individual releases of them. If not, I'll get the thirtieth set, as it will likely have some pretty cool extras with it.

The only other shots Lucas gets at my money are if there is ever a proper full-Hi-Def version YEARS down the road, and if he ever releases the rumored 3D versions of all six films. But, from what I remember, that's not coming for about another ten years or so.

14. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I bough the vhs boxset and the dvds when they came out the first time around. I'll wait until the next digital upgrade before I buy again.

15. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I have the unmolested versions of the original trilogy. I really don't care about any other versions.

16. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Thanks, I was in desperate need of a new one, and I figured what the hell... I need a swedish murder machine for my sig.

17. Lumpy

News Credits:
    if this release is a special edition and reedit of all 6, rumored to be in production to clear up all the things that dont jive with each other, then ill probably get it...then ill have the special edition reedits, original versions of all 6, and the magnolia fan edits of all 6...

18. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

It would be great fun if someone could put the "Anti-Jar Jar" cut of Episode 1 onto this set. I still only have my bootleg tape version and wouldn't mind a DVD of it.

19. Night Flame

I, on the other hand, would like a Jar-Jar enhanced version. Partially because Jar Jar freakin' rocks, and partially because any fanboy within a twenty mile radius of my house when I played with would explode with outrage.

How can people who like the three Stooges and Beavis and Butthead not appreciate Jar Jar? HOW?

20. Lumpy

News Credits:
    whats the antijarjar cut?