Star Trek Ships - question?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Josh, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeah

figure ill just ask here

ive always kinda wanted to get me some Star Trek ships [more specifically, the various versions of the Enterprise]

just wondering if there were ever any like smaller ones made. Like i remember there were micro-machine ones or what not but those are too small, and i'm not really looking to get the big 16 inch ones or whatever [just cuz i dont have that much room!] but ya know. something decently sized. almost Star Wars Action Fleet sized or something

i'd love to have a whole collection of the Enterprises. thatd be sweet. but yeah [in scale with eachother would be even cooler but. lol. im sure they were never made like that]

just wonderin if you guys could help me out! :p 
    if there exists such things

2. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

A few years ago, I started working on an Enterprise display, similar to what you're talking about. The ships I'm using are all model kits. They're not quite in scale with each other, but they're close, and as far as I know that's the only option. They came three to a box so it was pretty easy to get them all (except for Archer's Enterprise, which had not been done yet). I started painting them all gold, similar to the Enterprise legacy display case in the Enterprise D/E conference room, but I never could figure out a way to display them, so I tabled the project and the ships have all stayed in a box in the closet ever since. I plan on finishing it some day.

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:

lol, YES

thats kinda what sparked this in my mind :p 

thatd be so cool hehe

4. Falldown

Falldown Well-Known Member

There were some smaller ships made by F-toys that looked decent for the size they are. Furuta is another option. Can't say how difficult they are to come by if you're not buying online though.

5. Switch625

Hot Wheels just put out some Star Trek ships, but they're not even close to being in the proper scale with one another.

6. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
  7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    hm

interesting

might have to check those out

[man, i really want an Enterprise-B. i just love the look of the Excelsior class xD]

8. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

There are three lines I know of... The Hot Wheels and Furuta lines which have already been mentioned here, and then there was a Johnny Lightning line of Star Trek ships.

9. Switch625

Those are the ones I was referring to. They're all the same size and not in scale.

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    cool!

well i been lookin around and the Furuta stuff looks pretty cool. They have the most ships out and accessible. All the Enterprises, so i may just get all those! they're all pretty cheap too.

But im still keepin my eye on the Hot Wheels ones!
    Larger and Die Cast FTW. I'll probably be pretty picky with those though. So far i only really want the Enterprise-A and the JJ Enterprise. Never really was much a fan of the Enterprise D design.

Hope they do Enterprises B and E though. Those are my favorite [next to the A ;)  ]

11. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Art Asylum should be handed the Star Trek license.

IMHO Playmates did a subpar job with the new Big-E.

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    ive only really seen pictures and stuff but yeah, the Art Asylum ships are pretty impressive. just a little big for me :p  i dont have that much room

13. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    so I got the Hot Wheels '09 Enterprise

Its pretty cool!

i like the size a lot, but I was just hoping for a lot more die cast content. only a small part of the hull is die cast and the rest is plastic

still, its pretty neat. pretty well detailed

definitely gettin more :D 

hope they make more ships too! [i really want an Enterprise B & E lol]

14. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

15. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

I've got quite a few of the Star Trek ships but it depends what size you're looking for. If you're going for something smaller (under 6 inches), Furuta (now F-Toys) and Johnny Lightning are probably the best. Furuta's little ships are pretty decent; the molds got better as the lines went on. Sometimes ships weren't as detailed as they could've been but these are literally candy toys, like a western version of kinder surprise. Furuta recently became F-Toys and released their first (and so far only) wave, including the Defiant, NX-Enterprise, TOS-Ent, TMP-Ent and the Enterprise-D, which are, pardon the pun, light years ahead of Furuta. I'm hoping they'll release more soon, but it's been over a year now. Johnny Lightning is pretty good too, and their ships are made out of Die-Cast metal. If you're looking for something bigger, the Art Asylum ships are very good for their price, especially the Ent-D. They're releasing the Excelsior and the Ent-B sometime next year if everything goes as scheduled. You can probably Google some pics.

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    :O

17. The Barracuda

I know, I too got the "o-face" when I saw the pictures. Here, I'll show them to you if you haven't already seen them.

[​IMG]

Sweetness. If they're as good as the Ent-D for a decent price, I'm sold.

18. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell mmmm...energon

I Just watched JJ's Star Trek and its got me jonseing for some Starships now.

The ones in the previous post are awesome. I need stuff like that in my life.

19. The Barracuda

Art Asylum has released quite a few so far: I've got the TWOK Enterprise, the HD TOS Enterprise, the Ent-D and the Ent-E. Most are about 14-16" long and are pretty detailed with lights and voice/sound effects, ranging from anywhere to $40-60. There's an "All Good Things..." Ent-D variant out there, a battle damaged TWOK Enterprise and a regular TOS Enterprise (the HD version is pretty much a re-release with more detail to coincide with the new remastered TOS episodes). And there's an NX-01 too (with a battle-damaged variant), which I might try to find. I'm not the biggest fan of the ship itself, but it'll look good with the rest. I'm hoping for more. If I get a Reliant, or a proper Defiant, I'll be laughing.

20. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

yeah i gotta have that xD