Star trek discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Nightflight, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Nightflight

Nightflight Ravage"s assistent

So what do you think about the show/s? Who is your favorite character and episode? And last question Which is your fav continuity (or franchise)?

Here is my opinion, I think the show is really imaginative and interesting in story and in depth of characters, as for my fav characters that would be Odo :) , as for the franchise that would be : Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Oh... and if you want to discus something else about this show, just write ;) 

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

You really should use the term "franchise" or "series" rather than "continuity", because to be frank, before Star Trek '09, there was only a single Trek continuity.

Anyway, TNG remains my favorite series.

3. Nightflight

Nightflight Ravage"s assistent

alright, I corrected to franchise... thank you

4. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like TNG and *gasp* Enterprise. Also enjoy the movies. I do like a few TOS episodes like Mirror Mirror, Tribbles, etc.

never really watched DS9, although i recently watched Trials and Tibbleations and enjoyed it.

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    TOS is the best! :D 

[​IMG]

I couldn't pick a favorite episode, though Plato's Stepchildren, and Trouble with Tribbles is pretty funny. I pretty much like every episode.

6. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG]

7. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

[​IMG]

PAIN!!!! PAAAAAAAAINNN...

- Coeloptera

8. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i like TNG, but i really like DS9 since it wasnt a standard trek format. guilty pleasures are voyager, enterprise, and alittle TOS. wait? that was all of them. oops.

9. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    In Star Trek TNG I prefer Riker, Data and Geordi but I loved later Picard-centric episodes as well, as he wasn't the strict Captain he seemed in the first episodes, he seemed more human later on.

In Voyager I prefer Chakotay, Harry Kim, Tom Paris and Seven of Nine (she would still be cool, if she wasn't so hot).

In DS9 and Enterprise I had no real favourite character. I thought Jadzia Dax was hot in DS9, but that did not make her my favourite character. In addition I haven't seen these two shows regularly.

I don't know If I have a real preference for TOS, I often watched the show when I was a kid, but nowadays I don't like the show as much as back then. Especially Kirk seems completely ridiculous, while as a kid I liked him very much.
    Hm but I think Spock is still cool. OK, maybe he's the best of the show ;) 

TNG is my favourite show with Voyager being second.

My favourite Star Trek movie is First Contact. My least favourite is Star Trek 2009.

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I like them all to some degree.
    My favourite is Next Gen, followed by Enterprise, then DS9, then Voyager. I have to confess I never watched any episodes of TOS but then I own and love all their big screen outings, especially Wrath of Khan.

But I see the movies and the TV series as different things, although I fully accept they are one and the same continuity (even Star Trek 09 :p )

I thought Voyager had by far the weakest characters. There wasn't an episode that went by when I didn't think "this would never happen to Picard and Data" or "if Kirk were here they wouldn't be in this mess". Janeway is so weak it hurts.

I think Enterprise is a very good show and really improved dramatically by seasons 3 and 4, and I was quite gutted when it was cancelled.

Overall, there isn't much I don't like about any Trek, but Voyager does piss me off sometimes!

11. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Enterprise's main problem was that the writing was so weak for the first 2 seasons it drove away the audience and the substantial improvement in season 3, and dramatic improments of season 4 couldn't lure people back. It didn't help that Scott Bakula played the captain either.

Anyway my favorite series is DS9. And I hate the original series. Which is part of my just because it was first doesn't mean it was best philosophy.

12. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    What's wrong with the guy who played Archer? I mean I don't like him, but I was just wondering.

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I figured I'd try putting out another "Star Trek is for nerds" lure, but I think it's like shooting fish in a barrel at this point.

I grew up Trek. Loved TNG, went to some conventions with my Dad when I was a kid. The conventions scared the shit out of me, though, 'cuz I ended up seeing what happens when you enjoy too much of a hobby and not enough of the rest of your life.

Still a big fan of the show; love it 25% for the production aspect, 75% for the lore. I enjoy pretty much all of the iterations of the franchise, with the possible exception of Enterprise. TNG is the absolute best series, in my opinion.

14. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Something my mom said, he looks like a muppet. IE he doesn't pull off the actionman/leading man very well. Even the writers noted this and put Trip in that role when possible. Unfortunately Jonathan Archer helped found the United Federation of Planet (most redundant name ever).

15. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Oh boy!

16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Of all the Star Trek shows, I like TNG the most. The characters from that show are my favorites, especially Picard and Data. I can't think of an episode that I really like, but I especially love the movies Generations and First Contact.

I also enjoy the Original, plus the animated series they did sometime after the Original series got canceled. Got to love Kirk and Spock.

17. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I'm an original series fan only - couldn't get into any of the other shows. It was the core cast for me that made me a fan. TNG seemed flat in comparison. I enjoyed the first episode of Voyager and the premise was fantastic - but the execution failed to live up to it. Didn't see Deep Space Nine and Enterprise was old hat by the time it came on.

Loved the new film and the return to the original crew.

18. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I think TOS is my favorite, with the new film a close second. I like TNG alright, but...I just hate Data so, so much. He irritates me to no end.

19. jetfire prime

jetfire prime Do it now and do it loud

News Credits:
    never really cared for TNG but TOS was pretty good. i love the episode city on the edge of forever. also, mccoy is the best

20. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

DS9: The best of all the Treks. The serialized nature of the later seasons was great. Characters were all great.

TOS: Seldom watched them because I don't care to. I've seen all the movies though. STII is still the best movie.

TNG: I absolutely loved this show as it originally aired. To me now, most of the episodes are unwatchable, especially the earlier ones and those in Season 7. It really hit its stride with 'The Best of Both Worlds' and continued on strong up through Season 6. Geordi and Troi episodes were the worst!

Voyager: When it originally aired, it was frequently hit and miss with me. I'm rewatching the show now from the beginning, and it's not too bad, really. I think they tried to make Janeway a female Picard with a hint of Riker's risktaking attributes in her, and she turned out okay. The big mistakes in the show's development, for me, are the characters of Neelix and Kes (early on). Neelix was useless and unfunny for the whole run, and Kes was so boring they dumped her after Season 3. At least the showrunners realized that problem early on. Seven was a definite improvement, but they waited too long to soften her demeanor.

Enterprise: The absolute most boring Star Trek show ever. I gave it a shot, but just couldn't stay interested in it and gave up midway through Season 1. I don't care if it got better in the last two seasons, I have no desire to give it a second shot.