Star Trek (2009) was wave 2 ever released?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by transtrekkie, Jan 28, 2011.

1. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I'm talking about the Playmates line, particularly the smaller GI Joe sized figures. I need one more to complete the Transporter playset but I don't think it ever got released. Does anyone know for sure?

2. transtrekkie

bump. Seriously? No one knows anything about this? Or is it that there's just no one that cared enough to find out?

3. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know that much of the line was cancelled and never made it to store shelves, but I don't know the specific wave of the small figures that didn't make it. Which character are you still looking for? Have you tried discount stores like Ross, Big Lots, Marshalls? I have seen many Star Trek 2009 items there.

4. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

There was a 2nd line planned, as well as a line of miniature ships, but sales were pretty bad across the board. Hell, TRU STILL can't unload all those figures even at $3 each for the 6" ones.

5. transtrekkie

I'm still missing the last one for the Transporter playset, but it sounds like everyone is missing that. Just thought I'd ask if anyone had ever seen anything beyond wave 1. They're shelfwarming at my local TRUes as well, even worse than tuner Mudflap.

6. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Far as I know the planned second half of the toyline never made it to shelves. I'm not sure if it was even in production when the line was canned.

He'll never find them there. Playmates only planed 2 assortments of figures for Star Trek. The first 1/18th assortment is what you'll find at those secondary retailers. He's talking about the second wave with Chekov and McCoy in starfleet service unifroms, Kirk in the black undershirt, Kirk in cadet uniform, more of Nero's mooks, and Spock in cadet trainer unifrom. Which would have come with the rest of the bridge and transporter playset pieces. They were also going to do some booster packs of the first waves play-set parts and a figure. Those also got canned.

Just to twist the knife a little here is the wave on playmate's website.
    Star Trek: Galaxy Series

At this point since they are never coming. You'd be better off buying an extra cadet McCoy and Chekov and a Sulu and Spock and swapping the head and hands.

7. HighCaptSpock

HighCaptSpock Autobot Logician

News Credits:
    I feel your pain here. Playmates Toys announced at the end of 2009 that Wave 2, and all future Star Trek figures had been put on hold:

Playmates Star Trek Toys Put On Hold | TrekMovie.com

Galaxy Series Wave 2 was initially listed as an Entertainment Earth exclusive, but all of those orders were canceled. Wave 3 of the Hot Wheels starships was made available at Costco, but I haven't seen anything about Galaxy Series Wave 2 finally being released. I was hoping to hear something at Toy Fair this year.

These weren't the best figures, but the bridge set makes for a decent display piece. Let me know if you ever hear about these getting released because I still want to complete my sets. I would even settle for a SDCC exclusive as long as it was easy enough to get online.

That's not a bad idea. As those two do stand out like sore thumbs, I might just resort to that. Plus, hey, 4 extra bridge pieces.