Star Tours 2 review

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jun 4, 2011.

?

Compare Star Tours 1 and Star Tours 2...

1. Classic is better!

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. I love the new version.

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    So, All you might know that Star Tours has closed and reopened into a new Star Tours Ride. I was just watching videos on youtube about the ride and let me tell you...

It's Sooooooooooo F Word Awsome!!!

Way better than the old one.

By comparison:

number 1 just took you into a comet then a war at the Death Star.

Number 2 they take a picture of one of the pasangers onboard and he or she will act as a rebel spy that the imperial army is hunting for. This ride takes you to all other places, example: To Tatooie where you can be in a podrace. Watch the videos or go to Disneyland and see.

2. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

I really really really want to go on it, but unfortunately my family has no plans to go to a disney park in the near future. :( 

3. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was lucky enough to ride it last weekend during Star Wars Weekend. My wife snd I both loved it.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

So, simply because you've seen videos you think it's much better than the first one? You haven't even ridden it?

Number one, from my recolection, put you in a ship under the control of a questionably competent pilot droid (the "remove before flight" label was visible, portruding from his lower torso) and you crash around the terminal before you hit lightspeed...completely bypassing your destination in the processs and overshooting into dangerous ice crystals (insert running gag of "I have a bad feeling about this!). Then, after managing to fly through the narrow caverns of a very large ice crystal, you get caught in a tractor beam by a star destroyer and only a well timed laser blast from rebel forces save your ship. You then get caught up in the famous trench run where the bombs fly into the Death Star, blowing it up. The ride finishes off by flying straight home and you nearly crash into a tank car of fuel. Cp30 then greets you as if your flight had actually gone to plan.

At the time it was around, the original Star Tours was a ride marvel in itself. Using refurbished military-grade motion simulators, the ride put park guests smack into the middle of the Star Wars universe (episode 4, but the presence of Endor suggests the ride came after episode 6)

Yawn. So they replace the various hazards you encounter in the original ride with other planets in general and they try to involve the passengers a little bit more. The "spy" may in fact just be a cast member (read: Disney Park employee) who will ALWAYS be the "spy", since it would be kind of hard to just get a random park guest to act like a spy without everybody else in the entire ride line noticing s specific person being singled out., while it is easier to slip somebody into line through a fake fastpass.

Notice something here? I'll tell you: it's perspective. You say the original ride sucked, I say it was an awesome ride. You say the new one is awesome SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU ONLY WATCHED VIDEOS OF IT AND DID NOT RIDE IT, I think the new one sounds like it's trying to hard even though I too have not ridden it (and probably won't since I really don't like the fact the original was replaced, it was one of my favorites). Seriously, you can't just go around saying things are the best ever when you yourself only have not experienced the full experience which can only be gotten through actually riding the ride.

(Note: this is not to try and discourage anybody from actually riding the ride, it's just I get really ticked off when somebody goes around claiming things are the greatest when in truth they haven't really done what they say is the greatest thing ever)

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Ive never flown an F22, but can tell it'll be more badass than flying an F15.

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    If anything from ep 1-3 shows up I'm crackin' skulls

7. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Considering that everyone's talking about the ride involving Rebels and Imperials, I'd have to say the Prequel stuff will be at a minimum.

Unfortunately, I have not gone on the new Star Tours ride, since my most recent trip to Disney was before it opened up again. Maybe it sucks, or maybe it's enjoyable, but subpar compared to the original. I'll have to go on the next time I'm at Disney and check it out.

8. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'll make the decision on when I actually get to ride it.

9. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Just saw one of the Versions.

Gungans,Naboo,Droid army and Pod Racing:banghead: 

10. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Didn't think you'd be cracking your own on that brick wall there :tongue: 

j/k

11. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

12. cingularman31

cingularman31 Alternator Freak

News Credits:
    I rode it, and don't remember going to Tat at all, I went to Hoth. So Maybe there are different versions. And about the spy, they just take a quick snapshot and Ackbar comes on and explains that that person is a rebel spy. It is just in one seat. I loved it

Stixx

13. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    There are 54 possible journeys in the new Star Tours, with 11 random segments of film, 3 primary destinations, 3 secondary destinations, 3 hologram messages, and 2 alternate openings)

The planets visited are Hoth (pretty much the Empire Hoth battle), Naboo (battle above Theed and then traveling through the core of the planet like Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon), Kashyyyk (being hunted through the forest), Tatooine (Boonta Eve podrace), Coruscant (besieged Coruscant with the CIS fighting the Clones) , and of course the Death Star (orbiting Geonosis, uncompleted still, Boba Fett is in pursuit in his Slave 1, go through an Asteroid Belt and then back through the Death Star).

I have yet to ride the new version, this is all information pulled from various articles online. I'm looking forward to riding it though, I loved the original and can't wait to experience this one.

EDIT: Just a quick edit, the Coruscant battle is the battle above Coruscant from Episode 3, complete with the ARC-170 fighters and the Tri-Droid fighters.

EDIT 2: Here is a video showing some of the destinations:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  14. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Sorry man, I do think the original poster is sort of talking out of his ass, but you're doing pretty much the same, except in the opposite :lol  You, likewise, have not been in the ride yet, and you too, are making assumptions.

Let's all go to Disney and do the Star Tours, yaaay!

15. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

Whoo!

Trips to Disneyland for everyone! It's on Digilaut.