Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by The_Bardock, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Since I got 5 new games at the same time i've only had a chance to dabble in this but from what i've played its ok. The combat is messy and actually suffers from slowdown, i'm hoping installing it to my 360 hardrive will ease that up.

Having to constantly move the camera myself is uber annoying. You position the camera, take a step into a room have to adjust the camera, then you realise its a dead end so you leave and have to rotate the camera again to be in a position where you can actually see where your going.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm dying to play this. This weekend I played the remake on the PSP (to the orginal PSX game) so I'm getting back into the SO groove. I still need to beat the PS2 game, and then I want to get this when it goes down by a few bucks. SO has never been perfect, but I've always enjoyed their fantasy Star Trek take on things.

edit:

Recall, any idea what timeframe the 360 one takes place in?

3. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I believe TLH is a prequel, set before the other SO's.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So no contact with previous primitive planets :)  Hmmm, should be interesting.

5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Yeah its very much a prequel set way before the others and is officialy noted as being the last ever Star Ocean game but as well know nothing is ever final when it comes to money considering how much this game shipped in Japan.

6. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I'm hopeless :cry 

I've tried out this game for a while in an attempt to broad out my gaming selection (I have a slight dislike for JRPGs) but there's a point in the game where I just couldn't bring myself to care about playing the rest of the game. Maybe I'm just at a particular part of the game that's boring and it'll get better after that.

If anyone wants to know where I'm at....
    *SPOILERS!*
    I'm the planet Roak, the one with the semi animal like people. That one angelish woman just got kidnapped.