Stand ins for the Prime Toyline?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Aug 11, 2012.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    You know what strikes me about the Prime line is that some of the figures both from First Edition and RID can fit into anyline by the asthetic. Some of them can fit into the Generations,and Movie line pretty smoothly. So I was wondering. Are their any collectors out there that have stand ins for figures that may or may not appear in the Prime line or that the character is in the universe but you want some sort of reprsentation of the character somehow that you choose which toy does it best for now. I mean since people are doing it for the CHUG line why not for Prime?

The toys I'm having as stand ins for the Prime line are

ROTF Lockdown
    RTS Lugnut
    FOC Grimlock
    FOC Shockwave
    DOTM Sentinel Prime
    Movie 1 Arcee as my Solus Prime
    Movie 1 Bonecrusher
    TFA Rodimus Prime
    Generations Straxus
    Generations Warpath
    Generations Scourge
    HFTD Seaspray
    DOTM Roadbuster

What about you guys?

2. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    No DOTM Cyberverse works with my collection.

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I use RTS Lugnut at the moment. Now when I get FoC Soundwave and Grimlock, I'll add them to the TFP ranks too.

4. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

I dont really use any figures as Prime stand-ins. The TFP designs are just too different & unique IMO. Although there a a few that I think could work as Prime characters, like Classics Thunderwing is the only dlx atm I can think of that would work. Although looking at him now, Energon Omega supreme kinda works. When I get FOC Shockwave, he will definitely be able to go in the classics, FOC AND TFP toylines! :thumb 

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I've got Transformers Animated Swindle over with my Transformers Prime Decepticons. He doesn't have a nose and I think that the lack of a nose is some sort of a requirement for Transformers Prime. Plus I just really like Swindle so any excuse to use his figure since I wasn't a big toy collector for the Animated toy line.

Some of the Power Core combiner Decepticons are a nice way to add some big Decepticons into the Transformers Prime Cyberverse collection. Vehicons are nice but I need a bit more character and muscle to my Decepticons so the Power Core construction vehicles are a nice addition.

6. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    None of those asthetics really match the Prime style. Rodimus, maybe. But not the others.

7. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    I also have these two with my Prime figures, and they blend right in:

FOC Shockwave
    Generations Warpath

My Generations Wheeljack looks out of place, but he's already on the show...so he isn't needed in the group. lol

8. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Generations Warpath

Generations Kup

Generations Straxus

TFCC twins (even though i don't have Runabout)

RTS Jazz

9. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

Hmmm. Shock to see no RID Scourge as the PRiD Nemesis Prime :) 

10. Zer0Prime

Zer0Prime Well-Known Member

Do you think prime ratchet would fit with my CHUG collection or should I just wait until Hasbro releases another ratchet

11. Avengers

Avengers Banned

any voyager or leader size movie verse optimus prime. works great as a TF Prime stand in toy. since their the same toy design in both modes.

12. Ash from Carolina

CHUG characters don't get many second shots at a figure so you might want to find a fill in.

In some ways Transformers Prime Ratchet isn't a bad choice. The alt mode works well for a stand in. The helmet has a nice G1 feel to it. The color choices are good for a classic feel.

If you don't mind that grumpy look since Ratchet is a bit more like Dr. House these days then yea not a bad choice if you want a Ratchet but can't afford the CHUG release or you just don't like the look of the CHUG release.

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't understand the point of stand ins...why add random shit that isn't from the show?

14. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Hey, someone else who doesn't get it.

15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well it's because some of the characters I've mentioned are in the Prime verse through the Exodus and Exiles novels like Lugnut and Shockwave for instance. So I figured it would be intresting if we can have figures of them that has the style closest to the Prime asthetic.

16. Ash from Carolina

Simple, Hasbro doesn't make everything fans want when they want it. Some people rather put in something that is close than wait. For example some fans were tired of waiting on a G1 style Shockwave so when the movie figure was pretty close to the G1 look some fans figured it was close enough for them.

Some people have characters they really love but that character isn't going to be made for the line someone is collecting. Lets say you just really love Warpath but you only collect the movie line or the Transformers Prime line. Do you really pass up on the Generations Warpath just because he's not labeled as a movie or Prime character?

Hasbro is always adding characters that weren't in the movies or on the cartoon series. Do you count that as "random shit" as well? Some fans are happy with something that is close to the movie or cartoon look instead of only collecting thing that are officially in a line.

Saying something has to be officially in a line is like a guy saying he wants a hot girlfriend with no issues and a great job, but then passing up on a woman because he was looking for a woman with red hair instead of a brunette.

17. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

i can say Lugnut, Lockdown, Mindwipe, Skystalker, Seaspray, Icepick (Ha), Skyhammer, Tomahawk, maybe Highbrow and Bludgeon and all repaints of them would fit into the Prime line. They are mostly hybrid figures, you get the idea.

18. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Only the Animated figures and their lack of noses fit in with Prime.

19. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I can see rotf lockdown and hftd lugnut but thats about it

20. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I have my Generations Warpath displayed with my Prime figures, and the same will apply to FOC Shockwave and FOC G2 Bruticus when I get them.