Stan Bush's track for TF revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Brodimus Prime, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Bumblebee

Bumblebee Artist/Colorist Monkey

I don't know what the full song sounds like(I've not heard "Ground Zero"), but I dunno what to think of this. On the one hand, it has this strong, 80's Stan Bush sound to it that I like... but it does sound extremely dated. I know, from what I've read, that this is pretty much a reworking of a song from '97, but ti still sounds like it's from 87.
    I really like Stan Bush's sound- it's nothing against him, but I wouldn't be want to hear this song in the TF movie(I know it was submitted and not Paramount approved, just saying); not that it's a bad song(a REALLY 80's sounding song, but not bad), but from what the sample plays, it just doesn't sound right in a movie debuting in 2007 that takes place in a current day setting.

Now, however, if a Stan Bush song was used for a piece of Bumblebee's radio-speak, I wouldn't be too bothered.
    I'm glad this isn't official TF music. I liked BlackLab's(though not official? hm?) stuff, and I liked what I heard from the GooGoo Dolls and I'm not irritated with what Mutemath(?) did... but this "Ground Zero/TF song" sparks the thought of 80's fashion and a montage of Transformers training for the big fight against Mr. T and Chuck Norris.

2. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

I agree. But I still liked that better than the mutemath theme and that hip-hop one on Sector 7.

3. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Feel bad that the guy is clutching at the straws of toy geek nostalgia with his career

4. neK

neK Is behind you...

The only good song so far is the Black Lab theme, everything else has been diabolical.

5. Kthardin

Kthardin Well-Known Member

I'm a 30 year old boy. Now that we have that confession out of the way, I'm going to say I got a real f'n charge out of this rework, though I did expect him to just continue on with Ground Zero rather than the rework of the lyrics he tossed in.

To the person who said they wanted Dragon Force to do the theme song, I say, damn straight on that one! Them or Rhapsody (or Rhapsody of Fire) if you prefer. Perhaps Kamelot as well. Quite a number of the Eruo metal bands, as long as it's not Iced Earth...and maybe not Lordi either, though not do to a lacking of talent in his case.

As far as the people decrying it for the 80's feel the song has; personally, I say that's part of what made it kick ass. I admit to a certain bias considering how old I am, but I actually find most music nowadays to sound like white noise after awhile. I rarely hear anything that doesn't cause me to tune out...everything from the White Stripes to Modest Mouse to POD; all of it begins to sound like each other after awhile to me. I get no charge out of it...bands like Nightwish, Leaves Eyes, and even Disturbed? Those I can actually rock to. Hell, my all time favorite band is Queen...we miss you Freddy!

But this thread is just all about personal song preference. I liked it. Others won't. I found the other songs done for Transformers to be absolutely horrid. They're what I would put on Saturday Morning Cartoon openings, but for a movie like this? We need something that gets the blood pumping, making us want to commit heroic deeds or acts of destruction...this is about the only one to qualify in my book.

6. Pengutron

Pengutron Dude

Totally diggin' the shameless eightiesness. I don't know about you guys, but I got in on TF at the ground floor, with hair metal and synthesizers backing the robot action. I'm not saying the whole movie should sound like this, but I think it really has its place. I think the lyrics are more a problem than anything, reeking of that could think of anyway better say it vibe. But I love Bush's voice and sound. It's a pain to find that sound and there's nothing saying its not a legitmate sound to pursue.

It's like listening to Deathlok's Thunderhorse, with the intentionally crappy recording quality. It's about the spirit of the work.

7. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I so agree.

8. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

This sounds really dated - but to be honest, since I still listen to Poison and Ratt - I like it. It doesn't have a place in the movie, that's for sure - but I'd get the album for the songs.

9. Pengutron

Pengutron Dude

okay, I went and listened to the other songs. Black Labs was the best, but that wasn't saying much. Holy crap I've never heard Linkin Park suck so bad. CAN NONE OF THESE BANDS MUSTER ANY ENERGY WHAT SO EVER?!?!?!?!?!?! It's like Transformers on prozac. It's like their music is eternally stuck in first gear. Can't get past 25 miles an hour or they'll hurt themselves with their own inability to play or something. It's not even the speed, its just the emotion. All the songs are emotionally dead. Mutemath and Linkin Park's stabs, respectively, annoy the crap out of me. Nirvana had more excitment in their music than this. And the Seattle grunge scene is what killed enthusiasm in rock in the first place.

10. Zathu Koon

Zathu Koon Member

11. Ritesh_Prime

Ritesh_Prime THE PHIL!

News Credits:
    The Whole track sounds really good :)  Good Going Stan! WOO

12. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Personally, I love songs from the 80's. BUT, this is music for a movie that is supposed to sell records to a bigger demographic that is younger than OUR generation. THEY don't like 80's music for the most part. NOBODY CARES what I like, NOBODY CARES what you like, WHAT THEY DO CARE ABOUT is a music selection that sells to the majority of the demographic. You really have to learn to put YOUR personal feelings aside and do what is best for the target audience as a whole. When you are in a position to make money making decisions, what you think means absolutely nothing. What THEY think means EVERYTHING.

Now, in my personal opinion, I love the original sound "The Touch". I jam out to it when the movie is playing. I'm 31 and the music of my generation is best because that is the time of my best memories. i'm just not greedy. Song selections and other decisions need to be made in the name of selling the most tickets and records. Thats it.

13. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Bloody hell, I reckon that's a bit too anachronistic for this film.
    No thank YOU!

14. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    All I know is this is a pretty good sound.

I like it from what Ive herd from BlackLab and others. It should make for a very nice soundtrack.

To bad we couldnt have had Micheal do it.

15. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

16. Yazuka

Yazuka Autobot

I don't know how much complaining there is about this song here. And frankly I don't give a shit.
    I thought the song was very good, I like it!
    Much better than than disgusting MuteMath song. *brrr*

17. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Well, this is no "Dare" ... not even "The Touch", but then again, none of the Stan Bush songs from the 97 soundtrack are. I guess it's just nostalgia making "Dare" and "The Touch" sound better ... or better yet, images of Optimus Prime and Hot Rod doing cool things in the movie which makes the songs sound better.

I gotta agree with Draven there ... the actual good things about the TFTM86's soundtrack are Vince DiCola's tracks. (I do like Dare though)

Having said that, I don't mind this theme, but I don't picture myself listening to it in my car or while at work. (the places where I listen to music)

P.S.: listened to the Dragon Force video linked in one of the posts.... God no! :( 

-airfox

18. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The whole song is up on his MySpace page.

It's not any better in its full version.

19. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Well-Known Member

This new Stan Bush song, even if it sounds '80's', and even if it is a re-hash of Ground Zero, it is loads better then Mutemath's theme, or the hip-hop theme from the sector seven website. I blatantly don't like hip-hop, and Mutemath's theme sounds too 'emo' for me to like. Both of those are insults to the Transformers name (in my opinion), and both sound like they are going through a car compactor. At least Stan Bush has a history of being involved in the Transformers.

20. thelost1

thelost1 Seeker of Truth...

I like the full version of Stan's song Till All Are One. Im looking forward to hearing the other song he has on the coming album.
    I wonder if this or the unheard song will be in the movie.