Stan Bush's "The Touch" to be on American Dad!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by tfan123, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    If I had to pic a song. It'd be "Dare To Be Stupid" by Weird Al...I loved that song.

Put down your chainsaws and listen to me!

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Stop there. Consider why you need so badly to insist that this song is objectively bad. Then cry a little.

Personally, I think it's because you don't have the POWAH! YEAH!

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh I have the POWAH. I have POWAH out the wazoo.

But I cannot ride in the eye of the storm when all hell is breaking loose. That is, and always has been, my private shame. And now you've dragged it out of me. I hope you're happy.

:cry 

5. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. I don't care for seth mcfarlene. But I wonder is it going to be the 1986 version or the remake or Mark Walhberg version?

6. Optimus Sledge

I'm always happy. You know why? 'Cos I've got the heart! I've got the motion!

The ladies love the motion.

7. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Word!

8. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Oh, don't forget about the song that made him "Emmy-winning" recording artist Stan Bush. Gack...that insipid song from Guiding Light that got him a Daytime Emmy is also one he beats to death, though slightly less than "The Touch."

I actually had a great nostalgic love for that song, until the last few years, and Stan put the nail in its coffin with that ridiculous new version with the goofy ass rapper. Between that and the inclusion of the inferior version on Guitar Hero, it just became sad and pathetic.

Whereas I used to crank up the speakers when that song was on, now whenever it comes up on shuffle, I hit the forward button and skip right past it. On the other hand "Instruments of Destruction" is still one my favorite songs.

9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    When I first saw Transformers - The Movie and heard "The Touch", I found it embarrassingly cheap. To me, songs like this, destroyed many scenes, that could have been better. The Movie was all the time like the so many other typical movies. Put in some guitar songs and the kids will like it! It's the standard recipe for most movies. When it's not guitar music, it's Hip Hop and R'n'B *barf*

To me the songs did not fit the general science fiction setting of the movie. Imagine Star Wars with Luke riding a Snow speeder while hearing a song from Nickelback to it...

They should've used epic orchestrated music and electronic music like in season 3.

Most songs can be somehow ignored if you think for yourself "hey, it's an 80s movie... maybe that music was good back then...", but "The Touch" is sooo bad, it's the worst song of the movie. You cannot ignore that one...

Maybe I would think different of the music, if I had seen the movie as a child. But having it first seen a few years ago, that is how I feel about the music.

10. Optimus Sledge

GTFO.

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Just a pity we've not really had a decent set of Transformers songs and music since the 1986 movie.
    I thought chicks dig the car? Or chicks dig giant robots? Some women get motion sickness. They don't love the motion at all. Or is it cottage cheese breath? I always get those two mixed up.

12. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    I thought it was just sad when Stan remixed the song, tried to make it sound like Linkin Park, and retitled it, "Sam's Theme". Yeah. Like that'll earn it an instant spot on the ROTF soundtrack. Truly sad. At least the article said he was putting out a new album. I'd hate to think he didn't have anything else going on except milking the Touch dry.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Gimme an album of songs and music inspired by TF through the years. I'd like a new soundtrack to scenes from the 1986 movie. Would be an interesting experiment at least.
    Stop that or you'll go blind.

14. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    You mean Stan'll go blind. :D