SSX

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Jadryx, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Debut trailer

The SSX series (specifically "Tricky" and SSX3) were some of my favorite games on PS2. I had been hoping for another SSX on the current gen systems....then I saw the news and got pretty excited....until I watched the trailer. I was thinking "This is NOT the SSX I know and love" This article had a lot of the same feelings I did at first.
    Feature: Who shot our SSX? - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

But then more info came out -

EA Carves Up A World Of Mountains In SSX - SSX - PlayStation 3 - www.GameInformer.com

SSX Gameplay Trailer Shows ‘Mac’ | Gaming News and Opinion at TheSixthAxis.com

YES! I feel MUCH better about this now. I am officially excited and really looking forward to this game!

I found some "Making of SSX" videos that I hadn't seen
    YouTube - ‪SSX Deadly Descents: Making SSX Trailer‬‏ - Part 1
    YouTube - ‪Making SSX: Part 2: Physics Gameplay and Tricks Video (PS3, Xbox 360)‬‏ - part 2
    YouTube - ‪SSX: Deadly Descents - Making of Part 3: Level Design (2011) OFFICIAL | HD‬‏ - Part 3
    YouTube - ‪SSX Deadly Descents : Making SSX - Characters Trailer [HD]‬‏ - Part 4

Any other SSX fans out there?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I adore the SSX series. SSX was the first game I ever had for the PS2 and whilst I wasn't that crazy about Tricky, SSX 3 stole my heart forever. Even today I still play it every now and again, it's pure fun.

My initial response to the trailer is best summed up by a youtube user called 03Dmartin:

"WTF IS THIS CALL OF DUTY SHIT LOL JUST SNOWBOARDING NO INVADING MOUNT EVEREST JUST SNOWBOARDING"

Then I watched the Mac trailer with actual gameplay and I went to heaven. That game is so bought it's not funny.

4. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube - ‪SSX from E3: Learn how to SURVIVE IT with "Raw gameplay" from Denali, Alaska‬‏
    This is the "survive it" mode. It looks really cool and I think it will be a fun addition.

YouTube - ‪SSX from E3: TRICK IT! Have you seen "Raw gameplay" from the Himalayas?‬‏
    Trick mode

YouTube - ‪SSX from E3: Check out RACE IT with "Raw gameplay" from Mount Kilimanjaro‬‏
    Race mode
    I like the varied starting points

This game is going on my wishlist. It looks great and it's pre-alpha gameplay. January is too far away!

5. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SSX Gamescom 2011 - YouTube
    SSX coverage at gamescom.

I'm really excited for this game. I didn't experience the Autolog with NFS:HP but this looks to incorporate something very similar.

6. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    EA SPORTS SSX - First Look Gameplay Teaser - YouTube

Gameplay looks great! The game is delayed a couple extra weeks (until Feb 28th in the US. March 2 everywhere else, to "add a little more polish") so I'm a little sad but if that means a better game then I suppose I can wait....it is only 2 weeks. I guess that way I'll have cleared out any games I get for Christmas and can have time to just play this!

8. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  9. doomboy536

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well this game won't be coming out where I live, unless it will be on PSN. Still, it'll give me plenty of Skyrim and Mass Effect 2 time though!

10. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A demo will be released next week (21st for US, 22nd for Europe)

I can't wait. This and Fall of Cybertron are the two main games I'm looking forward to this year.

11. Starfire22

Starfire22 I am dirty dan!

News Credits:
    Never played an SSX game, but this looks cool. :) 

12. doomboy536

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Demo? Schweeet.

13. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The demo is live on Xbox marketplace as of this morning (I think PSN will be updated later in the day if it hasn’t already) As is common with new demos, it’s a gold exclusive for one week and I am not currently on a gold membership :(  . Guess I might have to redeem that Live card I got a few weeks ago that I had been saving since I haven’t been playing online much (why waste the time, right?) I’m sure I’ll be playing more online once I get the game next week!

14. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

Only four days away! (Yes, I'm bringing this thread back to life).
    Did anyone else pre-order for Eddie Wachowski? :D 

15. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    (yay someone else keeping the thread alive besides me!)I preordered! I'm counting the days! I put in a little more time with the demo this morning. I tried the new controls and did ok but switched to the "classic" controls and did much better. I'll probably stick with that. I am really looking forward to trying the deadly descents as it is the biggest new addition to the franchise.

16. doomboy536

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Demo? I'm there!

17. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

I have yet to try the actual demo! Lol, I guess I like waiting before I try anything. But if the controls are different then I guess I oughta give it a try so that I'm use to them by the time I play for real.
    Who is everyone's favorite player? I always like Mac and Eddie. Kaori looks AWESOME so far.

18. doomboy536

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm downloading the demo now. I always enjoyed playing as Zoe, Kaori or Alegra.

19. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Psymon (not sure about his new look yet....I hope his old attitude is retained), Zoe, Allegra, and Moby. I hope they add Allegra back in as DLC or something. One of the new guys, Ty, looks pretty cool.

I played more of the demo with the classic controls. It's all coming back to me know. I was at least able to get a silver medal on both the courses (really close to gold). I think I'm really going to love this game.

EDIT- the guys at IGN did (9/10) - http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1219417p1.html

Not that I care too much what the reviewers think, but I hope this game does well critically and with the fans so we get a lot of support in the form of DLC, sequels, and maybe an HD download of SSX Tricky and SSX on XBLA or something.

20. doomboy536

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just played the demo. It felt like an updated version of SSX3, rather than trying anything wildly different as was the case in SSX On Tour. Controls are very similar to SSX3, not sure how I feel about the whole rewind yet but let's give it time. Hopefully I'll be able to pick this up soon.