SRC Legend Heroes Q's Judge (Legend Class Quintesson)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Sol Fury, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    TFW Gallery Goodness!

[​IMG]

I recently had the privilege to take an advanced look at this Legends scaled version of the iconic Quintesson Judge by new third party group, SRC (aka Super Robot Creaticon).

My first impressions on this piece were entirely positive. It was a real case of "wow, this is really nice". Each of the five faces are excellently detailed, and the five tentacles are bendy. More on those later. The deco on the faces is excellent, each one captures the spirit and feel of the Quintesson's unique faces. The faces can be removed and interchanged, and the box (last image in the gallery) outlines a couple of different configurations for the faces, depending on if you are going for a show-accurate look or the movie Quintesson look. It's a simple addition, but it's a really nice touch.

[​IMG]

Speaking of nice touches, we have the tentacles. There's five of them, and each one is made from bendy wires similar to twist ties. This means the tentacles are poseable, which adds a bit of appeal to the design especially next to the non-poseable tentacles on the Impossible Toys version. Additionally, the tentacles can grasp objects (such as a gun from a Cyberverse toy) by looping round the gun post. It's a simple feature, but it's a much appreciated nice touch.

Now, the big question is how this measures up next to the Impossible Toys Quintesson, and to be honest, this simply blows it away. The sculpt on the heads is far more detailed, and the scale is perfect for Legends Class toys, and also some Generation 1 toys (particularly compared to Generation 1 Optimus Prime, this Quintesson is pretty much bang on the right scale for the classic scene where he rebuilds the Autobot leader in The Return of Optimus Prime). I do not mean to do down the Impossible Toys Quintesson, which was a great piece at the time of its release and remains an excellent piece now, but the detail on SRC's Q's Judge is simply much more advanced.

[​IMG]

Final thoughts - this is a great piece. I went in with a pretty open mind as it is the first release from SRC, and was very pleasantly surprised from the moment I first laid eyes on the figure. The detail is excellent and it's a perfect Legends scale - with Hasbro putting more emphasis on Cyberverse, this guy is going to be a great fit with what's coming down the pipeline. The price will of course be the deciding factor, but I would heartily recommend this.

I'm very much looking forward to SRC's future works - I am told they have a whole line of Legends Class items in the works, some of which we might see in early 2012. If they are as good as this piece, they will be an up-and-coming group worthy of following.

Click here to check out the full TFW gallery!

Attached Files:

2. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So bought!!!

3. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that IS pretty cool.

4. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Interesting how the energy beam looks exactly like the impossible toys version. maybe it was a collaboration of some sorts?

Pretty cool, now I just need to decide if i want anouther one that is in scale with legends.... Hmmmm......

Randy!

5. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Mine!!! :) 

6. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    def cool, how much are these going for?

7. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've not heard to be perfectly honest, though I'd imagine $20 or under.

As for the energy beam - I just chalked it up to the fact there's only so many ways to design a beam of energy that doubles up as a base and follows the style of the one seen in the series.

8. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Hmm.. can't wait to see these for sale somewhere. I'll probably bite. Thanks for the report!

9. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

Ehh, that other unofficial Quintesson was better.... Still looks decent enough, I guess. I'm just not a fan of the Quintessons....

10. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would be interested if there was more season 3 characters in legends size class. Not a fan of rodimus. If I bought it right now who would it go with it? Shame cuz it looks cool

11. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Thats not bad. I may have to grab one if its under 20.

Really wish hasbro would make more s3 legends characters that could be displayed with something like this quint. a new rodimus, galvatron, kup, dino's cyclonus scourge, and the other guys done the same aesthetic styling as the last wave of g1 style legends would be excellent.

12. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On BBTS it is $27 compare to the Impossible Toys version at $33. I think SRC is to much. It is like half the height ,shouldn't it be half the price?

13. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty cool. So THAT's what happened to the wires after Hasbro switched to paper twist-ties. :) 

15. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    The Impossible toys one I have is actually better than this I feel. It's also still available. I'm confused why this is being released.

16. Delta Star

News Credits:
    It is for a different scale. I for one only collect small Transformers, so I'm very happy they're making these.

17. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This. I don't understand the point of this release. The Impossible toys version is still readily available. The twist-tie arms and the legends class size? Not enough to warrant another purchase. Sorry.

18. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    This is not appealing on any level. It is too small, too ugly and not unique.

I have the impossible toys Quintessons and they are pretty good looking.

19. Delta Star

News Credits:
    I just pre-ordered 5 of them. Now with any luck, the FP Sharkticons will be small enough to look good next to these.

20. Scypris

Scypris #SlyCooperSwag

News Credits:
    this thing always creeped me out..still does