Minor/Repaint: Squawktalk and Beastbox

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by crosscharge, Jan 30, 2009.

1. crosscharge

crosscharge Classics tinkerer

Ebay:
    I know I should probably make 3 seperate threads, but it just feels so wrong to break these guys up. Ive been working on updating all of the Decepticon cassettebots as of late, and with some clearence Real Gear shopping, Squawktalk and Beastbox are next!

I know alot of people of talked about doing this bash, but I could only find digis or one or the other done. Squawktalk had his wings removed and reattached via magents so there is a bit of partsforming. The move from his feet to the metal posts that hold his feet ball joints on. He also had a hole drilled into him for a post to combine, I had tried several diffferent ways to combine, pictured below, but found this one to be the most nostalgic.

Nothing was done to Beastbox except a small post glued to where a cord would go in his alt mode.

The Head for Squawkbox came from the Alt mode bridge of E. Sharkticon with its base cut off and shaped to fit snuggly into place.

These guys were my first attempt at airbrushing at it is a very different monster. Im not sure about you other guys but I found the paint very weak when airbrushed. This was my first time using a sealer and its results were less than anticipated, though that would mostly be my fault for not properly prepping these guys for painting. The green is mostly Testors Enamal Dark Green Pearl, Silvers are Creatix Silver pearl, and purples are Creatix Purple pearl.

These guys were a fun lil project to do with out to much work. Though Im not as happy with them as my others. They need to be sanded down and touched up and given some stickers, but Ill get around to that eventually.

Thanks for taking a look and I hope you enjoy. Any Comments and crits are greatly appriciated. As for them not fitting with the exact style of my other updated Cassettebots, not all upgrades are about being bigger and more firepower!

Ps I was using a different camera for these pictures and I do not like it all! Some came out nice and others just didnt do it for me.

Attached Files:

• sqb1.JPG
      sqb1.JPG
      File size:
      170.1 KB
      Views:
    • sqb2.JPG
      sqb2.JPG
      File size:
      151 KB
      Views:
    • sqb3.JPG
      sqb3.JPG
      File size:
      145.9 KB
      Views:
    • sqb4.JPG
      sqb4.JPG
      File size:
      157.2 KB
      Views:
    • st1.JPG
      st1.JPG
      File size:
      137.5 KB
      Views:
    • st2.JPG
      st2.JPG
      File size:
      91.7 KB
      Views:
    • st3.JPG
      st3.JPG
      File size:
      113.2 KB
      Views:
    • bbb1.JPG
      bbb1.JPG
      File size:
      135.1 KB
      Views:
    • bbb2.JPG
      bbb2.JPG
      File size:
      154.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very neat!

3. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Awesome right there!! So ya went with the Sharkticon head eh? Good call, I think it worked out well! I do feel Squalktalk is a tad too green, needs more of a teal bluish green, recalling from my G1 set I just parted with. The color on the birdy is my only gripe though, I think the details are great, and of course you've blended three great flavors of Transformers: Cassette-bots, Combiners, and Customs! Three Cs that spell out C-C-Cool!:thumbs2: 

4. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    I like the mode you came up with, I am not to keen on the paint though. The painting looks great but the color is a tad off for Squawktalk.

Also the head...I am not loving it...sorry to say. I really like the combined mode you did though. That is pretty much what I plan to do with mine.

5. chris-morada

chris-morada Banned

Your take on this is sweet! I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate these two for the past year and half now, glad you made this.

I used House of Kolor purple on mine.

[​IMG]

6. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

That is a great idea and you pulled it off pretty well! Nice work!

I think the pictures are okay (certainly better than many I see here). Looks like some might have had a flash and those came out better.

7. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I love the combiner cassettes, and I think you totally pulled it off using the Real Gears. Good job!

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    This is pretty cool. I think it ought to be do-able to make the wings fold down like that without parts-forming, but I'm not knocking you for that at all. :)  My only gripe is I don't like the head, it seems to have a totally different aesthetic compared to the rest of the combiner.