SQ7's G1 (and more)

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Superquad7, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I may be creating another collections thread soon, but I did want to post one final update here before I restart things off:

In this post and the photos below, you'll see my 1984 class of Autobots. I've been a G1 fan ever since the toys came out in 1984 (I was five then!), and these are very special to me. It was really thrilling to line them all up in the living room as shown below. I just threw in the Omnibots photo for fun :) 

Also, you'll see a brief photo reenactment of the episode "Prime Problem". The episode isn't particularly special to me, in that regard, but I always enjoy dopplegangers and such.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feel free to read the rest of the thread and see some of my older displays and such. The display in the wooden cabinets was when I still lived with my parents. I enjoyed it very much for so very long. I was hard to take it down after so many years, but I was finally able to move my collection here with me!

Also, while most of things are in this thread, feel free to surf around my Photobucket account with my collection: Transformers Collection pictures by superquad7 - Photobucket

My customs are as much a part of my collection as any other Transformer, some of them even more so, as they are "one of a kind" pieces by myself and artists I consider "friends".

On that note, I'm still in the process of rearranging said collection. We moved into a new house a little over a year ago, and the collection move to here has greatly impacted how I interact with my hobby here. More on this later, though!

Anyways, enjoy yourself and the journey this thread took me one :) 

You can also read about my journey a bit here as well: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/235799-g1-collecting-again-sort.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  2. Superquad7

News Credits:
    This was my display in my old bedroom at mom and dad's. I've had this set up since nearly 2000, only making minor adjustments to the arrangement and such here and there.

The downside is that I never really feel that photos do it justice. I always love dioramas and really enjoyed setting things up and such. I really get excited about the few trips back to mom and dad's to be with my collection around holidays and such.

One of my [few] dreams is to complete the US run at least (loose/complete). I don't have that many gaps to fill (complete bots or missing accessories), but enough to have to space it out a bit [expendable income directly affect that as well!].

Anyways, I just thought I'd share these photos :) 

There are also updates are in posts #53 and #58. More updates to come! Thanks for stopping by!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  3. Superquad7

News Credits:
    . . . . and the rest of the set:

Attached Files:

4. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Who's the giant light brown guy that Spychanger Scourge is standing on? And very impressive collection!

5. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

i was just gonna ask that

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    It's Pyramidus From Power Rangers Zeo. I really like a lot of the Zords as they seem to just fit right in (especially with faction symbols :) ). That reminds me, my custom faction symbols are vastly needing updating that I've made for toys in these photos . . . .

7. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

i thought it looked like a pyramid

8. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Allen, can I please have your Fort Max? What, I said please!

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    :)  Yep, you guessed right! I was really inspired with him and the RiD cartoon (hence the Spychanger Scourge scoping him out!). It's a really cool toy. I need to make some sort of top, as the pyramid alt mode has an accessory that fits on the very top that I don't have :( 

Sure, why not?

I had no idea you were this funny. Tells another one!

10. heroic_nonsense

heroic_nonsense New Member

Nice collection, although not much G1 to see ;) 

You got a nasty Gobot infestation though!

11. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Ah, the sarcasm . . . it looks like you and I could be great friends :D 

Thanks for posting in my collection thread :)  Yeah, I'm working on getting a few more G1s, though, so hopefully the problem you mentioned will be solved :lol 

As for the Gobots . . . I loved 'em as a kid, but got rid of many of them in a yard sale (yep, one of my big blunders was getting rid of the Puzzler gift set. I'm still kicking myself). One thing I want to do down the road is fix my custom faction symbols I added years ago. I've been able to drastically refine my process and product, and it's laughable at the quality of the ones they sport now . . . .

Yeah, I forgot to mention that my Gobots have alleged to one faction or another :) 

12. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    *sniff* Wow, makes my collection feel small...

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Tundra! Long time, no chat! Keep in mind that I've been collecting on and off since 84:

[​IMG]

14. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

nice man cave! mine's gone and my collection is infront of a purse collection. sigh.

15. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I really wished I could say it is a "man-cave", but everything in my old bedroom (save for these two display cabinets) has now been fully packed by my parents. This was done to free up the bedroom in case my parents have to take care of either of their moms. My grandmothers would still have to look at TFs were that to happen (though I've given instructions to get some curtains to cover the cabinets now). This is the primary motivation for wanting the collection out of my old bedroom now. The other is having my collection here. :lol 

16. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Most of my collection, October 2009

I recently shot a few photos of my collection, and thought I'd share. The photos are awful, but that's what 15 mins. of shooting and 30 mins. of editing will yield me. :lol 

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

17. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Continued:

Attached Files:

18. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Awesome collection! Clutterful but beautiful.

19. Superquad7

News Credits:
    If you're responding to the first post mainly, I'd certainly agree. That setup is nearly a decade old now and is *still* at my parents'. I have plans to get my G1-Energon collection here ASAP. The two photos posted tonight was my setup before it was taken down for moving. Once I move, I'm going to work on getting the collection looking a lot less "clutterful", as you say :)  Thanks for replying :thumb 

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Nice collection, looks like you're running out of room.
    Gobots rawk, hope you get to re-collect them someday, or atleast get those power suits.

There's a few Power Ranger stuff invading my collection as well.