Spychangers & Hot Wheels tracks?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Edgewise, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    So, anybody ever use any Spychangers/G2 Go-bots on Hot Wheels/Matchbox/etc. tracks?

Does it work? Or does the lack of die cast make them too light to gain speed and stay on the track?

I guess RPMs are all plastic, and they work fine on that Devastator track/playset? Or has no one bought that?

2. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    My son uses his Spychangers on his track all the time. For some sets they are DEFINATELY too light though and go flying off...I STILL would rather Hasbro had used heavier plastic for the lower car parts and made new Spychangers that could work on the tracks instead of the RPMs. I bought one for my kid and he hated it :) 

3. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    ^^^^

4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    LOL, I actually only tried this a few days ago. Basically I saw a set in a shop where the cars just go around a track, no crashes no gimmicks or anything like that. I hadn't seen a 'normal' set for years so I picked it up.

Anyway, Spychangers are too light and tend to fly off, depending on the shape it seems. Wars flies straight off when he goes through a booster, yet Crosswise stays rooted like a normal Hot wheels car. I've yet to try them all, now I have enough batteries I'll have to fully construct the set.

5. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info guys. I recently strolled down the car aisle at TRU and saw some of the play sets and realized they sell tracks/accessories separately too, so was pondering this. Anybody have any idea if Hot Wheels/Matchbox/'Generic' tracks are compatiable?

6. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I would suspect they would be too light. Oh man, this brings back memories...

When I was a little kid, my parents would by me Hot Wheels because I loved them, and they were only around $3.00 a car. My Grandpa would buy me track, and I had a slide outside I would slide them down. I have over 100 Hot Wheels. Due to the age and play, most are a little banged up, but I've kept them all, and some are in good shape.

Sorry about the nostalgia, but Hot Wheels bring back memories. :) 

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    We're a bunch of adults (well mostly adults) who post on a TF site because we have fond memories of G1. Nostalgia is hardly a dirty word here.

8. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

:lol  Fair enough, man.:) 

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yep, I've a display back at my parents' house using some Hot Wheels tracks for my Spychangers/RiD toys :)